D+ plus Voom

Hi, I want to buy a surf only package. Back in the days when I last cruised with RCL I seem to recall a discount for D+. Can't see anything on this link. Need to budget my USD for upcoming trip. Please advise. Thanks!

D+ discount is $46 off a package OR two free continuous 24-hour periods of unlimited internet.

Thanks Bob I figured something like that.

Is the discount automatically applied if I pay online?

Linda

Unfortunately, the CA discounts can only be used for purchases made onboard.

Thing is....the website T&C states that 'Offers provide discount from onboard prices unless otherwise stated.'

If I pre-purchase online can I get those 2 days refunded on board?

/confused

/situation normal

Linda

RCI's verbiage sometimes is meant to confuse. For sailings of less than about 2 weeks and needing only Surf, a D+ couple is better off buying on board. C&A discount only works on board - you can't use it on pre-cruise purchases. If you buy it now, you could cancel on board but it would be a full refund in OBC - can't do partial refund.

Thing is....the website T&C states that 'Offers provide discount from onboard prices unless otherwise stated.'

If I pre-purchase online can I get those 2 days refunded on board?

/confused

/situation normal

Linda

Linda, for our cruise, buying pre-cruise will work out better for you. The price in the Cruise Planner will be cheaper than getting the $46 off on board.

Linda, for our cruise, buying pre-cruise will work out better for you. The price in the Cruise Planner will be cheaper than getting the $46 off on board.

The planner price would have to be less than $162 (the price on board for a D+ couple) on that Panama Canal Vision cruise.

It would also depend if there were 2 D+ in the room.

Skip buying internet the first day as you are at port until 4 pm. Day 2 use 1 free day coupon, day 3 use second free day coupon day 4 purchase remaining days as a package using the $46 off.

Purchasing the package could even be delayed until day 5 or day 6 if you used your free package from noon until noon (or 2pm until 2pm) and then could go without from noon (2pm) one day until morning the next day.

Skip buying internet the first day as you are at port until 4 pm. Day 2 use 1 free day coupon, day 3 use second free day coupon day 4 purchase remaining days as a package using the $46 off.

That's how I came up with the $162 on board price for the 16 day Vision cruise the OP is on.

Thanks all for your advice.

Am buying online in UKP....! Currently package / rate of exchange is £194.44 = $256

And travelling solo so only one device.

And blog daily when on board..... at least that was my intention until I saw the price!.

Linda

Am buying online in UKP....! Currently package / rate of exchange is £194.44 = $256

The on board price for Surf (online you are buying Stream but on Vision not sure how much diff that will make) will be $210 (or $194 if you wait till the morning day 2).

The on board price for Surf (online you are buying Stream but on Vision not sure how much diff that will make) will be $210 (or $194 if you wait till the morning day 2).

What I'll do is use my complimentary 48 hours then take it from there!!

Thanks.

I was wondering about this myself. My dd and I are both d+ - so we will get four 24 hour periods? Can I use all four coupons (we are in the same room) and I buy her the package on the ship? She is in college and will need to be connected to stay up with course work.

Another question along these lines....drink package. In the room is me (d+), my 85 year old mom (platnium) and my 20 year old dd (d+). I want the drink package and I will probably get for my mom too. Online right now it is 20% off - $48 per day. Should I buy it now for the both of us and then when I get on board return mine and rebuy with my D+ discount? If I do this will I get the cost of my drink package back as an OBC? If so, would it be a refundable OBC? Because there is no way we will spend that amount of money on the cruise.

TIA

Kathy

I was wondering about this myself. My dd and I are both d+ - so we will get four 24 hour periods? Can I use all four coupons (we are in the same room) and I buy her the package on the ship? She is in college and will need to be connected to stay up with course work.

Another question along these lines....drink package. In the room is me (d+), my 85 year old mom (platnium) and my 20 year old dd (d+). I want the drink package and I will probably get for my mom too. Online right now it is 20% off - $48 per day. Should I buy it now for the both of us and then when I get on board return mine and rebuy with my D+ discount? If I do this will I get the cost of my drink package back as an OBC? If so, would it be a refundable OBC? Because there is no way we will spend that amount of money on the cruise.

TIA

Kathy

Yes, the two of you will have four free 24-hour periods you can use. Does not matter that you are in the same stateroom.

If you pay for something with a credit card pre-cruise and cancel on board, you will get a refundable credit.

Can I use all four coupons (we are in the same room) and I buy her the package on the ship?

You can only apply one person's perks toward a package, or $46 for a D+. So as suggested above, get 2 days with one person's perks and apply the second person's perks toward the remaining days package.

Hi Norbert! Good to see you travelling again.

The price drops every day, so if you can delay using your first 24hr free block until 9pm on Day 2 that will take you through to 9pm on Day 3. Then use 2nd 24hr free block from 9pm day 4 which gets you to 9pm day 5..... then wait till 9pm on day 6 and buy the package for the remaining duration?

That is how we work it.

(9pm is not cast in stone, but it seems like a good time, to post the pics taken that day, and then gives you time to process the next day's info/pics before you get cut off!!)

Yes, the two of you will have four free 24-hour periods you can use. Does not matter that you are in the same stateroom.

If you pay for something with a credit card pre-cruise and cancel on board, you will get a refundable credit.

Thank you! Just ordered the drink packages online.

The price drops every day, so if you can delay using your first 24hr free block until 9pm on Day 2 that will take you through to 9pm on Day 3. Then use 2nd 24hr free block from 9pm day 4 which gets you to 9pm day 5..... then wait till 9pm on day 6 and buy the package for the remaining duration?

That is how we work it.

^ that needs to be adjusted as Linda is sailing solo.;)

That is how we work it.

(9pm is not cast in stone, but it seems like a good time, to post the pics taken that day, and then gives you time to process the next day's info/pics before you get cut off!!)

Hey there! How are you?

I've had a cruise with Princess around the horn (ship meh itinerary 5*) and CMV in UK waters....... was a theme cruise and great fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Voom internet has been discounted in my planner.

So I rang C&A to see how I can pay this price and still get my C&A discount.

Their agent goes away and asks someone and returns to say I will have free internet for the duration of the cruise.

I want this in writing.

He says he needs to check.

He's going to call me back.

Do I hold my breath?