Half moon cay vs princess cays

I would pick HMC over any beach in the world. It’s literally my favorite place on earth.

HMC by far! Princess is nice but you need water shoes.

You should always wear water shoes at the beach. No matter where you are. In fact, after reading this, I’m not walking barefoot on any beach ever again.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/state/teen-infected-with-hookworms-on-florida-beach

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most will pick HMC because it is a lovely sandy beach ... but a long walk to get to things.

We actually like Princess Cays better because there are beach bars just steps from the water.

Especially, Banana Beach Bar with live music and right on the beach.

Yes, you do need water shoes at Princess Cays ... once into the water there are rocks and shells.

Never been to Princess cay, but I can’t imagine anything being better then HMC.

Haven’t been to HMC yet, will be there in December, but I would be shocked if it beats Disney’s Castaway Cay. That place was truly an experience.

Haven’t been to HMC yet, will be there in December, but I would be shocked if it beats Disney’s Castaway Cay. That place was truly an experience.
We have been to Castaway Cay 4 times and HMC twice. HMC gets our vote for nicest beach we have visited, it feels like a true paradise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Been to both. Having been to almost every top ten beach in the Caribbean, and to Hawaii. Half moon key gets my nod for the best beach I’ve been to. Now princess was no dog, and there was decent snorkeling right off the beach.

HMC if you like sitting on the beach, PC if you like snorkeling.

That's my two cents.

Haven't been to HMC yet (going in Sept) and didn't snorkel when at PC, but people next to us loved the snorkeling.

I think it really depends on what you are looking for from the beach. It sounds like HMC is very picturesque with blue seas and powder white sand. It also looks fairly crowded with not much sun cover. PC had a very crowded section too, but also a more private side with nice shade trees.

I am absolutely looking forward to trying HMC and preferred Gold Rock Beach at Freeport to PC for soft sand and clear water. I also wouldn't mind returning to PC and trying the snorkeling:)

Another thing to keep in mind with cruises is that weather can dictate a change in itinerary, so I likely wouldn't have one port make or break the decision.

Haven't been to HMC yet (going in Sept) and didn't snorkel when at PC, but people next to us loved the snorkeling.

I think it really depends on what you are looking for from the beach. It sounds like HMC is very picturesque with blue seas and powder white sand. It also looks fairly crowded with not much sun cover. PC had a very crowded section too, but also a more private side with nice shade trees.

I am absolutely looking forward to trying HMC and preferred Gold Rock Beach at Freeport to PC for soft sand and clear water. I also wouldn't mind returning to PC and trying the snorkeling:)

Another thing to keep in mind with cruises is that weather can dictate a change in itinerary, so I likely wouldn't have one port make or break the decision.

Which side of PC is the best for shade? My biggest factor in choosing a spot to go on a beach. Thanks.

Which side of PC is the best for shade? My biggest factor in choosing a spot to go on a beach. Thanks.

We went to the right (across the foot bridge) and found several loungers under palm trees. Nice and quiet (actually had a great nap before getting in the water). There is a buffet and some small shops set up, also restrooms available. The straw market, music, and bars were on the other side. We took waters with us from the cabin and didn't plan to drink on the island - not sure if that would be a factor for you.

We have been to both. Both are beautiful HMC is prettier. Logistically Princess is better. Bars restaurants and restrooms are closer to the beach. The beach at princess feels less crowded to us. You can't go wrong at either.