Purchasing alcohol while on board

lccruiser

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-stateroom-beverages/liquor#page=2&sort=priceasc&size=10000

might seem pricey, but they are usually 1 liters and if you figure out how many drinks you get out of them, its a great deal. We do this, couple bottles of wine in carry on, few more in checked luggage....few bottles of soda/tonic water........and we are a-ok!

We have purchased online many times, but I noticed they charge tax and delivery of almost $20.00. I was just looking to save those fees and order from room service

Room Service will charge a 15% gratuity, the same percentage as the delivery fee. You will be charged tax if you purchase it while in US waters at the rate charged for the state you are in.

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-stateroom-beverages/liquor#page=2&sort=priceasc&size=10000

might seem pricey, but they are usually 1 liters and if you figure out how many drinks you get out of them, its a great deal. We do this, couple bottles of wine in carry on, few more in checked luggage....few bottles of soda/tonic water........and we are a-ok!

So to be clear... You take your allotted 1 bottle of wine PP in a carry on, then you also take another 1 bottle PP in your luggage. Then I'm assuming the only thing that happens with the wine in your luggage is you get called down to the naughty room to explain "you forgot to put in your carry on" and they let you take your wine and go on your merry way? Asking for a friend ;)

So to be clear... You take your allotted 1 bottle of wine PP in a carry on, then you also take another 1 bottle PP in your luggage. Then I'm assuming the only thing that happens with the wine in your luggage is you get called down to the naughty room to explain "you forgot to put in your carry on" and they let you take your wine and go on your merry way? Asking for a friend ;)

We usually put 3-4 bottles in checked luggage. Never been called to the naughty room yet in 10+ CCL sailings. Some will say its immoral, haha, I could care less. But its always been a good option for us! And, they are typically $10 bottles......if they take them or whatever, who cares. Happy sailing!

We have purchased online many times, but I noticed they charge tax and delivery of almost $20.00. I was just looking to save those fees and order from room service

The delivery fee has been explained and if you want to avoid the tax just select "deliver the 1st night" and tax shouldn't be charged (and if it still appears select "deliver second day"). We selected deliver the 1st night and didn't pay tax and the bottle was in the cabin waiting for us when we boarded.

Yes, you can take your allotted bottle in carry on.

Yes, you can put more in checked bag

Yes, you may or may not be called to naughty room (depends on whether your bag is locked and you are needed to open it)

No, you may not take the bottles in checked bag after apologizing and be on your merry way. They toss it and you are not compensated.

Yes, it may make it by their inspection. Or it may not.

Just be fully prepared to lose it.

Yes, you can take your allotted bottle in carry on.

Yes, you can put more in checked bag

Yes, you may or may not be called to naughty room (depends on whether your bag is locked and you are needed to open it)

No, you may not take the bottles in checked bag after apologizing and be on your merry way. They toss it and you are not compensated.

Yes, it may make it by their inspection. Or it may not.

Just be fully prepared to lose it.

Ya, thats why we just throw a few $9 bottles in checked luggage...if they get chucked out, who cares? Again, I have let to have a single one found, probably done it 6-7 times

Good morning! So if I purchase a bottle of gin and some tonic water to be delivered to my room, then do I have to do all my drinking in my room? How do I get to enjoy the beverage I just purchased at the pool for example?

Also thinking about those who pack the Rum Runner into your suitcase, then what do you do with it? Just drink in your room?

Thanks!!!

Good morning! So if I purchase a bottle of gin and some tonic water to be delivered to my room, then do I have to do all my drinking in my room? How do I get to enjoy the beverage I just purchased at the pool for example?

Also thinking about those who pack the Rum Runner into your suitcase, then what do you do with it? Just drink in your room?

Thanks!!!

Not at all, you can take your drinks on the deck or wherever you are headed. We usually use those big Bubba Mugs which are insulated and they sell them in sizes that capacity to the obscene. We have 24oz ones which work fine. Mix in your room and take it with you.

As far as the rumrunners go...no one is going to know/care if you bought from roomservice/rumrunnered it/filled a big mug with icewater. No one is going to ask or bother you about that. Enjoy!