Acceptance of the Brazilian E Visa in Brazil

hm9912

Although both I and my DW have recently received our Brazilian E Visa's that are good for two years from vfs global my wife is nervous and wants to be sure that they will be accepted. She has mentioned going to the Brazilian Embassy in New York to inquire.

So my question is has any US citizen already used their Brazilian E Visa issued by vfs global and visited Brazil without a problem?

Howard

There are a bunch of people on our roll call for the Royal for Feb 2 who are getting the eVisa. I do not expect any problem.

Yes Paul I know there are a bunch of people sailing on the Royal February 2nd and we are part of the bunch.

Just wondering if anyone has actually used the E Visa for entering Brazil without a problem?

Howard

Just wondering if anyone has actually used the E Visa for entering Brazil without a problem?

Howard

Probably not on this board since I don't think Princess had Rio as a port on any of its 2018 itineraries (we disembarked there in 2017) and the e-visa was introduced well into this cruising season.

Wasn't e-Visa created and introduced Jan 2018? (I too am on the Roll Call - Chair Aerobics; Pickleball and T-Shirts)

Ramona

Yup! January 25 or 27 to be almost exact. :loudcry:

Cheers, Denise

According to Princess, they will now accept the E-Visa upon check-in.

BUT, Brazil requires you to carry a print out of PDF paperwork that they will issue you with the E-VISA and I suspect its just a good idea to carry it anyway.

According to Princess, they will now accept the E-Visa upon check-in.

BUT, Brazil requires you to carry a print out of PDF paperwork that they will issue you with the E-VISA and I suspect its just a good idea to carry it anyway.

We have both BW and color copies of our E Visa's and have them on my IPhone and a copy of my passport as well

BTW when we first spoke to Princess as well as our TA they both recommended using the service thru Princess which was an outrageous amount of money

Howard

My niece and I used our 2 year E visa in January. No problems at all. We were at Iguazzu crossing back and forth from Argentina to Brazil. Customs had no questions. It worked great.

hm9912, Howard, I hope this answers your question and relieves your concerns.

See you at the Meet & Greet!

Ramona

hm9912, Howard, I hope this answers your question and relieves your concerns.

See you at the Meet & Greet!

Ramona

Thanks Ramona

Yes it does!

I'll sleep better tonight

Looking forward to meeting you and many others on the roll call

Howard

• 4 weeks later...
My niece and I used our 2 year E visa in January. No problems at all. We were at Iguazzu crossing back and forth from Argentina to Brazil. Customs had no questions. It worked great.

This may be a dumb question but what size did you print the e-visa for Brazil. I just got e-visas for Brazil and the PDF file is for a 11.7x16.5 inch document.

This may be a dumb question but what size did you print the e-visa for Brazil. I just got e-visas for Brazil and the PDF file is for a 11.7x16.5 inch document.

I printed mine out on 8.5 X11 standard paper. If you do a print preview it shows two pages but the eVisa only needs one sheet. Once printed out, I cut the actual document out. The pdf file may be "large" but the actual eVisa is not.

Ramona