7 or 10-Day PG Cruise?

Hutchinj

On 7/29/2018 at 12:20 AM, FlightMedic555 said:

We got off the ship today after the 10 day cruise. This was our 6th time and would definitely suggest the 10 day option. The E cabins are perfect and much more economical. Let the ship be your balcony. .

Hi - I am booking a Cat E on an upcoming PG cruise. I would appreciate any cabin number advice? 418, 420 or 416, 413 more forward? thank you! paula pstolicny@gmail.com

32 minutes ago, cruisin' honeys said:

Hi - I am booking a Cat E on an upcoming PG cruise. I would appreciate any cabin number advice? 418, 420 or 416, 413 more forward? thank you! paula pstolicny@gmail.com

We've always been behind the Reception area on deck 4, not forward.  Those cabins like 420 have been great, can't comment on whether the forward ones are better or worse.  Except that I try for midship because of seasickness issues.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Call us crazy but we really like AFT cabins. Have had those on a couple cruises so far and they've been our favorite. Something mesmerizing about the ship's wake when underway. So for our 7-night PG cruise we've booked the center most aft cabin #767. No bathtub (we are shower people, anyway) and the cabin and balcony are a bit larger than other Cat C cabins (229 ft2 & 74 ft2, respectively).

Due in part to the comments in this thread, I am now seriously considering adding a pre-cruise stay of a couple nights at the Hilton Moorea. So 1 night at IC Tahiti, 2 nights Hilton Moorea, 7-night PG cruise, and 4 nights St Regis Bora Bora is adding up to a considerable trip in time and money, but hey, you don't celebrate a 50th anniversary every year, right? :)

2 hours ago, Hutchinj said:

Call us crazy but we really like AFT cabins. Have had those on a couple cruises so far and they've been our favorite. Something mesmerizing about the ship's wake when underway. So for our 7-night PG cruise we've booked the center most aft cabin #767. No bathtub (we are shower people, anyway) and the cabin and balcony are a bit larger than other Cat C cabins (229 ft2 & 74 ft2, respectively).

Due in part to the comments in this thread, I am now seriously considering adding a pre-cruise stay of a couple nights at the Hilton Moorea. So 1 night at IC Tahiti, 2 nights Hilton Moorea, 7-night PG cruise, and 4 nights St Regis Bora Bora is adding up to a considerable trip in time and money, but hey, you don't celebrate a 50th anniversary every year, right? 🙂

Absolutely!!  You and your bride have earned that celebration!!

6 hours ago, Hutchinj said:

Due in part to the comments in this thread, I am now seriously considering adding a pre-cruise stay of a couple nights at the Hilton Moorea. So 1 night at IC Tahiti, 2 nights Hilton Moorea, 7-night PG cruise, and 4 nights St Regis Bora Bora is adding up to a considerable trip in time and money, but hey, you don't celebrate a 50th anniversary every year, right? 🙂

Sounds lovely!  Congratulations on your big anniversary.

Congratulations on your milestone anniversary!  So special that you are creating this incredible experience for your wife!

My husband and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary and a milestone birthday last July on our first trip to French Polynesia.  We did a 3 night pre stay on Tahiti before boarding the PG for 10 nights...then we flew to the St. Regis, Bora Bora for 4 nights before flying home to Toronto, Canada.

The trip was incredible!  I think that you have made a fabulous choice to stay on Moorea pre cruise and to also experience Bora Bora post cruise!  

In looking back, we wish that we had gone to Moorea pre-cruise, as 3 nights in Tahiti beforehand would have been better spent elsewhere. We did love boarding the ship in the afternoon and our 10 nights on the Paul Gauguin was amazing....beautiful sites (especially some of the smaller islands like Fakarava, Huahine, and two nights on each of Moorea and Bora Bora), staff and food.  We would return to do another cruise in a heartbeat and would opt this time for a Deck 4 cabin as a balcony in our room was really not needed, as someone else said, the ship has so many wonderful common areas that the extra cost is really not worth it for a balcony IMO.  The snorkelling in French Polynesia, especially in Bora Bora, is outstanding!

The beauty of the St. Regis, Bora Bora resort is indeed also incredible...definitely a splurge for a big celebration!  We bought some alcohol at the duty free in LAX to take to the St. Regis post stay...Do be sure that they know about your big celebration because they also had a lovely bottle of champagne, flower turn down service, and a delightful mini chocolate cake for us during our stay at the resort.  I did use a separate TA to make arrangements for our pre and post cruise stays and they had lovely perks. 

Keep an eye out for promos on the PG cruise, especially around Valentine's day, as you can add a lovely complimentary bottle of bubbly, Godiva chocolates and an extra OBC simply by calling PG directly or telling you TA to do so.  The ship also recognized our celebrations in a lovely way.

I am attaching a few photos of our stay at the St. Regis below....you will have an incredible time!  Enjoy!

Cheers,

Lisa 🙂

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4342.JPG

BB - Another look at Mt. Otemanu copy.jpg

DSC04777.JPG

fullsizeoutput_13d4.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alwaysonaship said:

Thank you for the pictures of the St Regis. We will also be celebrating our 50th. Love  the PG and enjoyed Moorea so much last time, and wanted to spend more time in Bora Bora..looks like we picked a nice hotel

Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary as well!  We absolutely loved the range of experiences that we had aboard the PG and the on island stay on Bora Bora.  

The St. Regis resort on Bora Bora is gorgeous, the staff are wonderful and the breakfast that is included is just lovely.  

You will have an incredible time, I'm sure!  🙂

Thanks also for the St Regis photos. Just can't get enough of those! :)

We've settled on the 7-night cruise and are still trying to work out the details (and economics) of both pre and post-cruise stays but a few days at the St Regis Bora Bora before flying home is a given.

"alwaysonaship" -- congrats on your upcoming 50th! When are you cruising?

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2018 at 3:23 PM, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Someone else will have to give their opinion of the OWB's at the IC. And yes, everybody wants to stay in Bora Bora, but Moorea is much more economical and just as beautiful. And easier to get to.

I'm doing the 7 day cruise with overnight in Bora Bora. 

Any suggestions for a OWB in Moorea. Does not need to be fancy. I'd prefer just a basic one since its only one night

13 hours ago, dolls123 said:

I'm doing the 7 day cruise with overnight in Bora Bora. 

Any suggestions for a OWB in Moorea. Does not need to be fancy. I'd prefer just a basic one since its only one night

There's no such thing as a "basic" OWB anywhere.  Sorry I can't really help, I haven't stayed in the big resorts.  We've stayed twice in the smaller Les Tipaniers, which caters to European and Polynesian mostly.  They have bungalows and a beach, but no OWB.

1 minute ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

There's no such thing as a "basic" OWB anywhere.  Sorry I can't really help, I haven't stayed in the big resorts.  We've stayed twice in the smaller Les Tipaniers, which caters to European and Polynesian mostly.  They have bungalows and a beach, but no OWB.

Thanks! Guess I worded it wrong. 

Does not need to be 5 star. 

3 minutes ago, dolls123 said:

Thanks! Guess I worded it wrong. 

Does not need to be 5 star. 

Yeah, I get you.  Really, there aren't any.  All the OWB's pretty well everywhere are expensive.  On Moorea it's the Intercontinental, Sofitel, Hilton or Pearl.  I guess the Pearl would be the most basic.

19 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yeah, I get you.  Really, there aren't any.  All the OWB's pretty well everywhere are expensive.  On Moorea it's the Intercontinental, Sofitel, Hilton or Pearl.  I guess the Pearl would be the most basic.

Thanks! I’ll check those out