Digital photo workshops offered for Mac users too or only Windows?

liamur14

Windows only, HAL ignores the billion plus I device users. I know it has to do with corporate sponsors and deals but if HAL wants a younger crowd, they should consider alternatives.

Some lines sell Coke, other lines sell Pepsi. Some offer Microsoft, others offer Apple. Even if HAL could sell both, I'm not convinced that Apple would necessarily attract a younger crowd. I'm a septuagenarian firmly entrenched in the Apple universe.

My observation is a lot more young people use Apple, as I type this I look around the airport lounge and don’t see a single Microsoft device. That doesn’t mean older people don’t use them, we are an Apple family as well.

It is too bad HAL can’t offer both.

I am younger and always learn from classes eventhough I certainly do things on my own. One thing that I have certainly learned is that just because something is intuitive doesnt mean it is the most efficient or the best use of the application.

That a Seattle based company (Holland America Lines) cuts a deal with another Seattle based company (Microsoft) for the right to offer Microsoft based computer courses on it ships is not surprising. We were on a Celebrity cruise several years ago and they offered Apple (iOS) courses. On Celebrity a few of the courses were free, and many had a fee. People say Apple computer are intuitive, but their courses through Apple Stores are valuable. On Celebrity, the content was much the same as offered at an Apple Store.

Thanks everyone. I was expecting photo shop editing classes, and not beginner classes. However ... this old gal loves learning new tricks.
The photo editing is taught using the photo editing built into Windows10. Still good stuff.