Can people with deluxe drinks dine with people with the free beverage package?

tallyho8

On the Seaside I upgraded my free beverage package to a deluxe package. I am traveling with friends who have the free package and do not want to upgrade and we linked our reservations to the same dinner table.

The rules on the deluxe package state that everyone you are dining with must have the deluxe package also. Is this enforced?

Has anyone with the deluxe package linked their dinner table to others with the free package and already sailed?

I believe the rules say that everyone in the STATEROOM must have the same package level; not whomever you choose to dine with. Yes, it will be a bit more challenging for your servers as the Drinks on us package folks will have to be rung in and have their cards swiped to pay the gratuity, but they will figure it out.

I believe the rules say that everyone in the STATEROOM must have the same package level; not whomever you choose to dine with.

This is the rule I was quoting:

*TERMS & CONDITIONS: The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be interrupted and refunded.

This drink package must be booked by all guests occupying the same stateroom, or friends/family traveling together and wishing to eat at the same table for dinner, including minors who must book the Child non-alcoholic or soda version of the package. Mixing & matching of all-inclusive drink packages (Deluxe vs. Restaurant & Bar vs. Mealtime Restaurant for Adults) is not allowed between passengers sharing a stateroom or family/friends of different staterooms wishing to sit at the same table for dinner.

This is the rule I was quoting:

*TERMS & CONDITIONS: The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded. The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except for the day of disembarkation; the package cannot be purchased on daily basis. Once activated on board, the package cannot be interrupted and refunded.

This drink package must be booked by all guests occupying the same stateroom, or friends/family traveling together and wishing to eat at the same table for dinner, including minors who must book the Child non-alcoholic or soda version of the package. Mixing & matching of all-inclusive drink packages (Deluxe vs. Restaurant & Bar vs. Mealtime Restaurant for Adults) is not allowed between passengers sharing a stateroom or family/friends of different staterooms wishing to sit at the same table for dinner.

I believe they can only enforce the rule for family, in different cabins, who have linked their bookings

1) so as to eat at the same table,

2) or by being on the same booking,

3) or by linking their onboard accounts to the same payment card

On the Seaside I upgraded my free beverage package to a deluxe package. I am traveling with friends who have the free package and do not want to upgrade and we linked our reservations to the same dinner table.

The rules on the deluxe package state that everyone you are dining with must have the deluxe package also. Is this enforced?

If you already have your reservations linked and they allowed you to upgrade the package without insisting on your friends upgrading too, then there shouldn't be a problem.

We have traveled with linked reservations with those who have an all inclusive drink package while we had none.

There was no problem sitting together at dinner (assigned table).

We were told that as long as there are separate onboard accounts, it is not be a problem.

This restriction does seem to kick in when there is a group booking. All in the group must have the same, or none, drink package.