Ruby princess mini suite or suite?

Mslmesq

we usually book a mini suite, but now have a child. I would like some thoughts on a mini suite vs a full suite (it would be a penthouse on deck 14 midship) on the Ruby princess for a mexico sailing. Traveling with a four year old. We are already platinum level with princess.

I’ve never had the club class dining. I have never been in the thermal area on the ruby. So I’m unsure of the value of these two items.

I do like the idea of extra room in the cabin for three people.

Price difference will be $1000 more total to upgrade from a mini to full suite.

Thoughts please.

We have done over 25 cruises on Princess with our son who is now 20. He started when he was 3. We have sailed in balcony cabins which were our least favorite for 3 people. 18 were in mini suites and they were great for us. My son thought the sofa bed was great for him since it was his own space. Tub nice too since he would take baths when he was little. 4 of them were in suites which were fabulous as well. We only do that when the price is right for us.

As far as dinner goes: we would do set time early when he was little. The rest were anytime dining with no problems. The crew loves the kids and take great care of them. When our son would fall asleep at dinner they would give me food to put in fridge in case he was hungry later.

We are going on a cruise in a few days and are in a club class mini suite. Will see how dinner goes with this. Ready for the experience!

BTW we live the Ruby. Thermal suite nice but usually busy and loud (from gym above) when I have been there. Too me not worth the $ just for that.

Edited by cheeseclan

I wouldn't choose a suite for the thermal suite. Club class dining is lovely (we had it in April), but I wouldn't pay $1000 for a week of it! That said, only you can value the extra space. You know how much space your child wants/needs. If I book a suite, it would be for the space--the rest of the goodies are nice perks, but not worth booking just to get them.

We really enjoyed being in a full suite when we traveled to Alaska with our child. He was only 1, so significantly younger than yours, but it was nice to be able to pull the curtain closed during nap time that separated the living from sleeping areas.

We only took him to club class dining once when we were docked at port so it wasn't very crowded. Although it was a fun experience for us adults, the meal ran a little longer than in the regular dining room and it was so quiet and peaceful that we felt a little stressed trying to make sure the toddler behaved. He was great, but we preferred to just eat in the regular dining room where there was more background noise. A four year old would probably be fine assuming he/she is used to eating out in restaurants.

We were also able to order food from the main dining room to eat in our suite. This was great when we knew our child needed a nap, but excursions had caused a delay in his schedule. We got delicious food delivered to us, and our child got the sleep.

If you can pull it off, I think it is definitely worth it. The extra amenities made traveling with a child so much easier and made our vacation relaxing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How do you answer financial questions when you don't know the individuals budget and spending habits. A suite is nicer then a mini, a filet mignon is nicer then a hamburger. The question is really up to you how much you're comfortable spending, I would always prefer a full suite, I love the tile heated loungers in the thermal suite.

How do you answer financial questions when you don't know the individuals budget and spending habits. A suite is nicer then a mini, a filet mignon is nicer then a hamburger. The question is really up to you how much you're comfortable spending, I would always prefer a full suite, I love the tile heated loungers in the thermal suite.

Easily. I’m asking for opinions of others. The financial aspect I will decide for myself. Lol.

I've cruised in balcony's, mini suite and suites. Suites are my favorite, by far. I do not travel with a child, but I can imagine the extra room in the suite would be nice to have. Also, the breakfast at Sabitini's would be great when traveling with a young one. There are few people there (in my experience) and you get fantastic one on one service. The bathroom space would also be nice to have. Check the suite on the ship...most have tubs which would also be nice for your child. Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise and be sure to come back and let us know your experience.