Moscow Mule Ginger Beer ?

scubamommy!

Thanks Skypiglet! I am kind of picky about my ginger beer. It is such a waste when it is flat or not gingergy and if they just use ginger ale ( like some bars do) then it is down right WRONG! lol. I might have to bring my own Ginger beer if that is the case. At least now I know to bring a copper mug! Thanks for the tip! I can't believe they don't use copper mugs in even the Alchemy Bar. Crazy, a seasoned Mule drinker knows it DOES effect the taste! ;)

I think it is Q ginger beer.

This is correct. My favorite drink this last cruise was the Rum and Ginger Beer or the Tropical Mule, and they used the Q brand. It was more like a spicy ginger ale, which I like, than a Jamaican ginger beer. It kinda reminded me of Blenheim Ginger Ale.

This is correct. My favorite drink this last cruise was the Rum and Ginger Beer or the Tropical Mule, and they used the Q brand. It was more like a spicy ginger ale, which I like, than a Jamaican ginger beer. It kinda reminded me of Blenheim Ginger Ale.

Thanks!

I went to the Alchemy Bar on Horizon (the TA in May) and asked for a Dark and Stormy. Well, they don't have Gosling's Black Seal rum so she made it with some other rum but didn't say that. No idea what the ginger beer was but the drink just wasn't even close. I decided I didn't need to pay >$12 to not get what I ordered. She should have told me what she could make and let me decide whether I wanted to try it or not.

On HAL, they have the Gosling's rum but didn't have any ginger beer.

On NCL Star (eastbound TA prior to Horizon), they were able to make "real" Dark and Stormies for me. Black Seal rum and Black Seal ginger beer. With the unlimited drink package, I was very happy.

I'm not a hard liquor drinker typically. The only one is the D&S.

As for Ginger Beer, I absolutely love one they carry at Target. They come in 4-packs of small cans and have both "regular" and "extra ginger" which is my favorite. It's quite hot and makes a delicious drink (extra lime, thanks!).

Thanks Skypiglet! I am kind of picky about my ginger beer. It is such a waste when it is flat or not gingergy and if they just use ginger ale ( like some bars do) then it is down right WRONG! lol. I might have to bring my own Ginger beer if that is the case. At least now I know to bring a copper mug! Thanks for the tip! I can't believe they don't use copper mugs in even the Alchemy Bar. Crazy, a seasoned Mule drinker knows it DOES effect the taste! ;)

Agreed Scubamommy, A good ginger beer is nothing even close to the best gingerale. I live in Michigan, and we have a really good, potently strong gingerale called Vernors. It is not easily available in any other states, does wonders if you feel ill, but... it would be terrible in a Mule. Like you said, you need good ginger beer.

I have not had a mule on board yet, so I cannot speak to what they use, but I would be surprised if Alchemy wasn't using a halfway decent gingerbeer. On the other hand, you could bring some on board for your soda allowance and see what Alchemy can do with it...

As far as copper mugs are concerned, I agree. When I first heard of it, I thought it was the stupidest thing I had ever heard. When I tried it, the smell of the copper definitely completed the flavor. It's bizarre!

Yes! That's the Ginger Beer I get at Target. It's wonderful. Whatever I had on Horizon was not made with that. Even though the rum wasn't "black" I would've been happy had the Ginger Beer been correct. Perhaps they use whatever they're able to get. We were sailing from Europe, so that may have made a difference.

As to Vernor's - it's a very good Ginger Ale. I'm originally from Cleveland and we had it there.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had a problem carrying on ginger beer in cans, is it hard to convince them when checking in at the terminal that it's non alcoholic, the brand I use does not say non alcoholic on the can even though it contains no alcohol, we are boarding at Port Canaveral if that makes a difference.