Another Website Complaint

CherryG

I suspect that 15 percent is low. My guess is that it is more like 20 or 25 when the agency volume adders and the cost of HAL agency sales and support teams are included. Minus of course the costs of their PCC's and website.

That is precisely why the website is such a valuable tool. Not just from a marketing perspective but also from a cost perspective. Just think of how much it costs to book an on line reservation instead of a PCC or an agency reservation.

Make no mistake. Customers form impressions and opinions about businesses and their willingness/desire to do buy from those businesses based on web design, navigation, and performance. This is why this mess, and how long it has been going on, is so perplexing to me.

HAL finally listened to me! The colorful map on the web page for my upcoming Eurodam Sea of Cortez cruise showed La Paz Mexico below Puerto Vallarta. I advised them on the survey about it and nothing changed. I called them and pointed it out, and that it made them look foolish. It is now on the Baja Peninsula where it belongs.

Regarding the spinning circle when you pick the option "select your own cabin" it may be they only are doing guarantees at this time. When I encounter it I just go to my Big Box web site.

Karen

A company's website is the face of the company to the consumer who logs on. It is an indication of how well run the company is. There are several firms that we stopped ordering product from because of their abysmal web site. Why bother when their competitors had such good web sites that were a pleasure to shop.

I agree. The main reason I've never taken a Celebrity cruise is because their website was so awful whenever I've looked. I still don't like their website. The new HAL website has a similar format. I've booked 2 HAL cruises in the past few weeks and I've had to make a phone call to reserve both of them. If I wasn't a past customer, I probably would not have booked the cruises because of the awful impression the website gives.

Frustrating, I agree. Call it luck, but I was able to print my e-docs from my iPad by clicking SEVERAL times on the print button, then opening it on a separate page. Our friends who are traveling with us tried to print a day later but it did not work for them. Good luck! It seems to be random as to when the website works properly. I just booked a cruise on the Princess website no problems. Much easier to use.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I finally figured out how to print my docs and luggage tags. Ridiculous process. First, disable pop-up blocker (I don't know if this is necessary, but that's what's recommended on the website). Click on boarding pass > save > open folder > new document list comes up, click > list of programs to choose from, I used Adobe reader > ok > bingo!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I finally figured out how to print my docs and luggage tags. Ridiculous process. First, disable pop-up blocker (I don't know if this is necessary, but that's what's recommended on the website). Click on boarding pass > save > open folder > new document list comes up, click > list of programs to choose from, I used Adobe reader > ok > bingo!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Ridiculous is the word of the day. To browse the excursion offerings for a specific port, I counted 13 clicks and 12 long scrolls to get to the excursion listing. The lack of any indication that one must actually close the port list to access the search bar probably frustrates some searchers. Three more clicks and 3 additional long scrolls finally got me the description of a given excursion, bringing the step count to 31.

Ridiculous is the word of the day. To browse the excursion offerings for a specific port, I counted 13 clicks and 12 long scrolls to get to the excursion listing. The lack of any indication that one must actually close the port list to access the search bar probably frustrates some searchers. Three more clicks and 3 additional long scrolls finally got me the description of a given excursion, bringing the step count to 31.

I hate the part where you have to click multiple times to find a departure port in the cruise planner bar. Why not just a long list to scroll.

I have to go to another very simple cruise offering website to get the HAL inventory. Only when I find it there, do I try to plug it into the HAL website. I have to know what I am looking for up front because there is no sane way I can find anything without multiple, multiple clicks on this new website - I don't have time for that. No excuses to make the customer work so hard to find what other websites offer in a few quick keystrokes ...for all cruise lines.

Sorry I can't mention the name because the HAL tech people ought to go hire them to learn how they make that user friendly website .......tick.

You just can’t make this stuff up! I just looked at my upcoming Sept. 1, 2018 NA Alaska Inside Passage Cruise and they have our departure date on Sept. 1 listed as a MONDAY rather than a SATURDAY! After having palpitations, I double checked my HA printed boarding pass and e-docs. We leave Saturday Sept 1, 2018. Seriously HAL? Enough is enough! Fire these web folks! 6e4494b02953e776b2779b791dac9f3c.jpg

You just can’t make this stuff up! I just looked at my upcoming Sept. 1, 2018 NA Alaska Inside Passage Cruise and they have our departure date on Sept. 1 listed as a MONDAY rather than a SATURDAY! After having palpitations, I double checked my HA printed boarding pass and e-docs. We leave Saturday Sept 1, 2018. Seriously HAL? Enough is enough! Fire these web folks! 6e4494b02953e776b2779b791dac9f3c.jpg

YIKES!!!!!!! :mad: That is a shocker and over the top in total incompetence. I appreciate you being totally rattled by this.

Thinking that someone had possibly used last year's or next year's calendar by mistake, I looked and found that the next time September 1 falls on a Monday is in 2024. Inexcusably sloppy work. Again!

Just hope the ship's captain has it right!:cool:

I've got a March 1, 2020 cruise booked. Sometimes the website tells me that I'm sailing on Feb. 29. I'm sure at some point someone is going to show up on the wrong day for their sailing because of misinformation from the website. HAL better get its act together soon.

I've got a March 1, 2020 cruise booked. Sometimes the website tells me that I'm sailing on Feb. 29. I'm sure at some point someone is going to show up on the wrong day for their sailing because of misinformation from the website. HAL better get its act together soon.

The 29th is a Saturday and the 1st a Sunday. Is the website at least consistent with the day of the week?

:pI have this mental image of HAL's IT team checking in with Cruise Critic each morning, before rushing off like a flock of headless chickens trying to put out that day's fires...............Am I being unkind (or unrealistic)?;p

LOL. Great minds etc. I had the same image of the IT team huddled around a laptop logged in to CC.

:pI have this mental image of HAL's IT team checking in with Cruise Critic each morning, before rushing off like a flock of headless chickens trying to put out that day's fires...............Am I being unkind (or unrealistic)?;p

You are being hopeful. We wish.

I'm getting 7 spinning circles when I go to the website using chrome. On Edge, I can log in and go to my cruise, but when I try to bring up my luggage tags, I have to save them and when opened, it is gibberish. I do have time........

We have been using the HAL website for a long time, and we never had any issues with the old one. There was an occasional complaint on CC about some minor issues, but no where near the absolute disaster that is happening now with the new one. So, if few people had issues with the old site, why doesn't HAL simply dump the new site and restore the old one ? At least until the "lowest bidder" contractor they hired to develop the new site can get it fixed and working at least as reliably as the old one.

I don't want to hear these lame excuses that "you must keep your browser updated, Java and Flash Player updated, etc. and if you don't, then it's your fault that the site is not working". Hogwash !!! The old site worked fine for me with Chrome, IE and Firefox and on an Android tablet. Never a problem. If you develop a new site that is incompatible with the hardware/software of your customers, you are kissing goodbye to a lot of business. That is exactly why the Beta test phase for new websites is so important and supposed to reveal these browser incompatibilities. I have a feeling that to meet some kind of artificial deadline involving financial penalties to put the new site online, the beta test phase was cut short, otherwise, these problems would have been addressed and fixed.

Thanks for the instructions, but I do know this. It just goes round and round when I say pick my own cabin. Nothing loads properly. I know it's not my computer, as it's only a few months old, and I had the same problem with old computer. Same issue if I try to use my ipad. It's just a crappy website. I think people would be happier having a quick, well detailed site, instead of fancy pictures, etc.

The same thing has happened to me. It is outrageous. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear. Now they can work on HBCcruiser's date issue. :)

They fixed it. What happened if someone booked it thinking it sailed Monday-Monday then booked airline and hotel? Ummm they will miss the boat!! Costly to HAL in the long run.

LOL!🤣🤣🤣

My image is more of a HAL customer chasing the chickens with a rotisserie spit and a bottle of spices.

I'm getting 7 spinning circles when I go to the website using chrome. On Edge, I can log in and go to my cruise, but when I try to bring up my luggage tags, I have to save them and when opened, it is gibberish. I do have time........

That because it's saving them as a .txt file. When actually they should be .pdf. Just rename them and they open fine.