Whatever happened to the Bucket of Beer?

It seems that since they instituted the UBP that the bucket of beer offer has disappeared.

Hate that.

Indeed. I don't like it either, but can certainly understand it. Since 90% of the passengers have the UBP, it's an understandable rationing control.

Depends on the ship you are on, and how willing staff is to accommodate you. UBP has stopped the advertisement of it. I have received buckets as of this past April on the Dawn from Boston and also the Escape from Miami.

Met a guy on Getaway in November who found a bar with a bucket, and he just kept the bucket for the week (with permission) and had it refilled. Point is, there may be some buckets on board but you may have to work a bit to find them.

It seems that since they instituted the UBP that the bucket of beer offer has disappeared.

Hate that.

The bucket is still there you just have to pay for it. The reason that it is not included with the UBP, is that there is no way to control sharing.

The bucket is still there you just have to pay for it. The reason that it is not included with the UBP, is that there is no way to control sharing.
This was not my experience talking to the gentleman who had a bucket on the Getaway. The beer he was getting was included in his UBP.

I don't drink enough to bother with the UBP (and yes, I mean I don't drink enough to make it worth getting it as a "freebie" and paying the 20% fee). I *do* drink enough to make it worth getting a bucket of beer. The nice thing about the buckets (aside from actually having a bucket) is that you get a discount on the price of beers. So "get as many beers as you like" and "bring your own bucket" are NOT solutions. I hope NCL continues the bucket of beer offers for people like me.

I don't drink enough to bother with the UBP (and yes, I mean I don't drink enough to make it worth getting it as a "freebie" and paying the 20% fee). I *do* drink enough to make it worth getting a bucket of beer. The nice thing about the buckets (aside from actually having a bucket) is that you get a discount on the price of beers. So "get as many beers as you like" and "bring your own bucket" are NOT solutions. I hope NCL continues the bucket of beer offers for people like me.

How much is a bucket of beer?

We're with you on this one!!

The "Buy 6 for the Price of 5" (or whatever it is) offer has always been a good deal... and still is for those of us without the UBP!

It was convenient for taking beers back to the room to enjoy on the balcony at a later time! The bucket kept them on ice as long as they lasted!

We'll save money if they really don't offer them anymore! HAHA!

How often are you getting a bucket of beer? Three buckets over the course of a cruise is about the same price as paying the gratituties on the UBP.

That was my point, but some folks aren’t good at math. :)

And it appears to be the two of you! 🤣🤣🤣

Most beers are around $7, multiply that by five and add 18% for gratuities is about $41. Three of those buckets is approximately what you would pay in gratuities for a single person.

And for those people who buy one bucket of beer, and maybe three or four cocktails throughout the week, UBP makes no sense but the bucket of beer does. My math is usually pretty good (unless I drink the whole bucket of beers at once ;p:D:')).

Most beers are around $7, multiply that by five and add 18% for gratuities is about $41. Three of those buckets is approximately what you would pay in gratuities for a single person.

But it’s enough beer for TWO people.

We can bring them to the room and drink them whenever we want.

We don’t drink “cocktails”.

And your math gets even worse when it’s a 14 day cruise!! [emoji849]

You stay out of my beer bucket, and I’ll stay out of your booze! HAHA! CHEERS!! [emoji481][emoji481]