BEEN THERE, done that. Need help.

margaret91326

How about SCUBA diving? The most beautiful part of the island in my opinion is underwater. If not that then the submarine trip will give you a flavour of that.

Cayman has some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean - check out http://www.caymangoodtaste.com/ to see some of the offerings. Doing a nice lunch somewhere a bit exotic might be fun.

Where did you snorkel? There are quite a few places, each with their different characteristics. Eden Rock for an idea of the mini wall, Spotts Beach for sea turtles and so on. I could spend multiple days snorkelling and I don't think I would ever get to the "been there, done that" stage.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't recall the exact spots we snorkeled but have done it by catamaran, aquaboats and shore. Not against snorkeling at all. Just don't want to go to the stingrays again. If a private charter weren't so expensive, I would do that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If scuba is not your thing, and if it's offered. SNUBA is an alternative. Kinda like scuba but the tanks are on a dingy and you dive with just a long hose. Grand Cayman is really awesome. I've not done snubs there but in Mexico.

We like the Turtle Farm and Hell. The dolphin encounter is across the road from the Turtle Farm.

• 4 weeks later...

We are going to head out to west bay to the Macabucca beach bar that is part of the cracked conch restaurant. Cute bar and restaurant by the water right next to a cove I believe called turtle cove that you can snorkel in and also night dive. We bring our gear, have lunch and drinks, snorkel, maybe a few more drinks relaxing and enjoying the view. Then we will head back into town to shop and call it a day. I’ll let you know how it goes! We cruise on dec 2

Well, there is no beach at Macabuca - I think it's formal title is "Macabuca Tiki Bar". There is a ladder (45 degree, not vertical) that lets you get into and out of the water to swim or snorkel. Turtle Reef which is there is very popular with the divers during the day and in the evening for night dives. The place has a good selection of food and drink, and a nice vibe.

I have snorkelled there quite a few times and usually see quite a bit of stuff close to shore - not many corals to speak of but lots of fish. The corals there are out at the mini wall and are in about 30 feet of water, which isn't an issue because the water is so clear.

Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.fatfishadventures.com

One of our favorite excursions while staying on GCM!

Maybe they can modify your tour for more time at Rum Point and skip the sandbar, but the experience at the sandbar is more personalized with this excursion...

I second Fat Fish. Outside of the great snorkeling we had some decent time on the jet ski. Wife and I had our own and it was a blast! They let you go as fast as you want too.

• 1 month later...

We booked Locked Inn for our next cruise. It has 4 escape rooms. We chose the Pirate Room. TripAdvisor has the details. The reviews for the most part are 5*. 

We’ve done EVERYTHING in the Caymans including golf. Looking for something very different this time. It is very close to the tender dock.