Another not-so-great upsell offer

ZoeyVictoria

the best upgrade I got was going from an interior cabin on deck 7 aft of Conquest to deck 1 middle OV..... for $1.... not per person... just a dollar. I took it since I was skeptical of our room being higher and not in the middle (I get seasick pretty easy).

the best upgrade I got was going from an interior cabin on deck 7 aft of Conquest to deck 1 middle OV..... for $1.... not per person... just a dollar. I took it since I was skeptical of our room being higher and not in the middle (I get seasick pretty easy).

We got a random free upgrade from a balcony to a suite....but that was 15 years ago and havent ever gotten a free one since!

We got a random free upgrade from a balcony to a suite....but that was 15 years ago and havent ever gotten a free one since!

We got an upgrade on Inspiration about 10 years ago from OV to Jr Suite.

We've accepted a couple upsell offers since then.

But now, they are miserable offers when they come. Upgrade from OV to Balcony for $500-600 on Paradise.

To hell with that!!!

Very first cruise was 1999 on the Carnival Celebration out of N.O. Had booked an inside cabin. As we were checking in, I mentioned that it was our first cruise and asked if an upgrade was possible. They never answered but when we got to our cabin, it was an OV on the main deck! Still remember the cabin number. . . M80. :D

Got an email yesterday to go from an obstructed balcony on deck 5 to an extended balcony on deck 8 for $34. Not per person and not per day, but for the 7 day cruise! :p Of course I accepted!

I remember the days of those upgrades! I used to book inside really early and almost always got upgraded to OV by the time we sailed.

My mom recieved one , my sister and my grandmother all for the dame cruise Carnival liberty 12.9.18. My parents are two to a room so theirs was from an ocean view to balcony for $280. My sister and gma both are single rm holders and offered on both emails upgrade for $180 my sister for oceanview to balcony which she took..only saved her $70 from reg price and my gma inside cabin to balcony which she didn't take.

Kinda crappy offers it seems anymore.

[emoji312][emoji568][emoji572]next cruise: Carnival Liberty [emoji562] 12.9.18[emoji572][emoji568][emoji312]

I just received a call today for my cruise that leaves this Saturday. The offer was to fo from forward interior to midship oceanview for $50 total for two people. I accepted the offer. This was my second upsell contact for this cruise. I didn’t accept the first offer....forward interior to aft balcony on a lower deck for $334.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, an upsell offer (the 6th one for this cruise) that was almost good enough to accept. I just received a call (from "NO CALLER ID", not the usual Miami number) offering a switch from OV to a balcony for $200. The offer was for the very last balcony on the starboard side. If the balcony was wraparound, I would have taken the deal. Unfortunately, it had a regular balcony, the weather is still too hot for me to really enjoy any balcony, and that would have been a long walk to/from the cabin. I am encouraged that it was at least a better offer than the others. A few weeks ago I found an OV for the same price as my PT, so I had upgraded myself anyway.