Isla Pasion or Nachi Cocom?

Guym20

We're going this September and looking for a nice, relaxing but BEAUTIFUL beach.

I see Isla Pasion might be the answer and it looks gorgeous, but Nachi Cocom as well.

Which one you think is better?

Thank you

We are repeat visitors to Nachi, so that would get my vote. Mitsugirly is a frequent poster and has photo intensive reviews of both Nachi and Passion Island (as well as Chankanaab, Money Bar, Sanchos and Paradise Beach) linked in her signature - check them out! ;)

I would love to read the reviews you referenced. As a new user of this board I cannot figure out how to find that member... I did and put the member name into a board search and nothing came up... Can you share a link? Thanks!

I would love to read the reviews you referenced. As a new user of this board I cannot figure out how to find that member... I did and put the member name into a board search and nothing came up... Can you share a link? Thanks!

To find a member:

Look at links at the very top of this thread.

Open drop down list “More” - members list - search members - put in members name - search

Open “Find posts” - open one of her posts.

Expand her signature at the bottom of the post, and you will find all her reviews.

Nachi

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36542241#post36542241

Isla Passion

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44935325#post44935325

We're going this September and looking for a nice, relaxing but BEAUTIFUL beach.

I see Isla Pasion might be the answer and it looks gorgeous, but Nachi Cocom as well.

Which one you think is better?

I haven't been to Isla Pasion, but we went to Nachi Cocum last September and it was great. We would definitely go back.

Here's a video of Nachi Cocum if you are interested:

We’ve not been to NC but we were not impressed with IP. It’s ok, but nothing special. We prefer a less crowded beach and we we would head to Playa Palancar. Longer taxi (or rent a car from Margarita at ISIS), but that’s why it is less busy...

Thank you

According to that video it seems like a few things might bother me. Please tell me if I'm wrong:

1. The water has a lot of rocks and vegetation, which makes it less fun to walk in

2. The water are quite dark and aren't as turquoise as in Isla Pasion

Am I wrong?

Thank you

Thank you

According to that video it seems like a few things might bother me. Please tell me if I'm wrong:

1. The water has a lot of rocks and vegetation, which makes it less fun to walk in

Am I wrong?

Thank you

I think the rocks/vegetation you see is further out where people go snorkeling. On the beach area entering the water, we have always found it to be very smooth and not rocky.

I agree with the previous post as I never had an issue with rocks. I honestly don't remember the vegetation being close to shore and it's been less than a year since we were there, so I don't think it's an issue, but there may be some.

The water was turquoise and like you normally seeing in the Caribbean. I think some of the pictures in the video look dark just because of camera settings, especially those taken while out in the water snorkeling or the ones at the beginning which were taken first thing when we got there and the sunny wasn't high in the sky (or later when a storm was coming in). But, it's pretty clear water and some of the snorkeling pictures give you a better idea how clear it is because they are not dark.

Every person's needs, expectations and experiences are different, but just giving my opinion...we really enjoyed Nachi Cocum, thought it was quiet, scenery was beautiful, and will definitely go back next time we are in Cozumel.

Thank you for clarifying

Will also be happy to hear from someone who's been to both and can say what was better for them :)

If you search for Mitsugirly on the members list, she has intensive photo reviews and opinions of both in her signature although they are probably from a year or so back now.

ETA I see JohninDC already suggested that to you!

I would also check in with folks on the Trip Advisor Coz forum just before you leave for current info on the different beach conditions. Good source from residents and visitors for current feedback on the sargassum situation at different beaches along the west coast.