difference between a regular balcony and deluxe?

ChrisB123

I know the difference between a regular balcony room, a mini suite and a club class mini but for the life of me, I don't know what a deluxe balcony is. I see people asking about it and can't figure out what deluxe means. Is it larger or what? I haven't cruised in 3 years and am just now hearing the term. Is this new or what? Thank you.

I know the difference between a regular balcony room, a mini suite and a club class mini but for the life of me, I don't know what a deluxe balcony is. I see people asking about it and can't figure out what deluxe means. Is it larger or what? I haven't cruised in 3 years and am just now hearing the term. Is this new or what? Thank you.

Royal-class ships have a Deluxe Balcony cabin which is only slightly larger but is configured to include a loveseat size couch. If you check Royal-class cabins there are photos & a layout showing this type of cabin. We greatly enjoyed having the couch to watch the view when the weather wasn’t conducive to being on the balcony.

Some people confuse these with Premium categories of cabins which are the same type of cabin located in a more preferred location.

Edited by Astro Flyer

On the Royal Class ships the Deluxe balconies have a love seat type sofa and table for a sitting area that the standard balconies do not. The bathroom will still be the same as a regular balcony, with a shower not a tub. We did one on the Regal for a 7 night cruise and we liked the layout as we like to order room service and my husband likes a sofa area to sit on to relax. We enjoyed the extra room and found it's a nice compromise if you don't want to pay for a mini suite.

A Premium balcony on other class of ships refer to the locations. Such as a premium balcony on Caribbean Princess refers to Caribe deck balconies or aft located balconies. The balcony is bigger on that class of ship, thus the premium label. The cabin does not have the loveseat sitting area.

We have had the deluxe balcony cabin on the Regal, the regular balcony cabin on the Regal, and the Mini suite cabin on the Regal. There was no difference in the balcony size in any of the cabins. All the balcony's were the same size. The difference between a deluxe & regular balcony is the room size on the Royal & Regal. On some Princess ships the deluxe balcony's are based on location on the ship. On some ships the Caribe deck balcony's are larger this may be what you are thinking about.

Balcony Deluxe refers to that cabin size/category... not the size of the balcony that the cabin has.

The newer ships have the Balcony Deluxe category cabins.

You can look at images here on CC or on the Princess web-site that show the difference!

They are slightly deeper. (same width) which makes room for the two-seater pullout love seat on the one side, and a longer counter space on the other. Bathrooms are the same. Mini-suites and up have the bathrooms with the small tub. They also will have an actual table on the balcony, not just the little round footstool thing that you can maybe set your drinks on.

Standard balconies on all cabins (except for the Caribe balconies on some classes of ships). are all the same size. Except there are a few specific balconies that are larger, like on bump outs, that one can find if you are booking before they all get taken!

We just decided to upgrade from the balcony cabin we had booked, to a Balcony Deluxe.

The actual size of the balcony will be exactly the same. It is the cabin that is a little larger.

We had a deluxe balcony on the Royal. I found that by removing one side counter to make way for the couch, took away some storage space, which, when there is limited space, made a big difference, I'm not a big fan of the "deluxe" balconies on the Regal/Royal

A small love seat and a couple of feet.

We had a deluxe balcony on the Royal. I found that by removing one side counter to make way for the couch, took away some storage space, which, when there is limited space, made a big difference, I'm not a big fan of the "deluxe" balconies on the Regal/Royal

Yes!! We are on the Majestic in 3 weeks and have booked a Deluxe Balcony (obstructed)

I noticed the lack of storage, there is no set of drawers as the fridge is located on the desk side instead of drawers. I see one small drawer that would have the hairdryer in it.

Also there is no open side shelving ( on the fridge side on standard balcony's)

We like those open shelves to put bits in.

We will just have to organise a bit better this time:o

Yes!! We are on the Majestic in 3 weeks and have booked a Deluxe Balcony (obstructed)

I noticed the lack of storage, there is no set of drawers as the fridge is located on the desk side instead of drawers. I see one small drawer that would have the hairdryer in it.

Also there is no open side shelving ( on the fridge side on standard balcony's)

We like those open shelves to put bits in.

We will just have to organise a bit better this time:o

I was funny, we went from the "deluxe" back to a regular balcony..and with the lack of storage in the "deluxe", we adjusted so in the regular balcony we didn't even use the drawers in the desk...

I thought a deluxe balcony referred to the Caribe deck balconies' date=' which are significantly larger than the standard balcony. I'm talking about the size of the balcony, not the size of the cabin.[/quote']Some of the Caribe deck balcony cabins mid forward, mid, and mid aft are Premium balconies (Cat B1 or B2) but there are also standard balconies on Caribe deck forward and aft (Cat BD and BE). Premium is determined by location but has nothing to do with cabin or balcony size. The Caribe deck balcony cabins on the Grand and Coral class ships are NOT deluxe balcony cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...