Miami or Fort Lauderdale Help

:cool:Hello there,

We had originally booked flights from Vancouver, BC, Canada for our upcoming harmony cruise in October back in March onto FLL. Then in April out travel agent informed us that their was a schedule change and now we get into FLL past midnight long story short we now fly into Miami. So I needed to figure out how to get there, and I did my homework......

The best option is to rent a car from Budget Car rental from Miami airport and drive to FLL its $40 for 1 night and $88 for 2 days. The best thing is that Budget has a car rental drop off at the pier for cruise passengers. You can drop off the car and they have a great shuttle that takes you to the terminal. We fly on Thursday and our cruise is Saturday. The hotel I booked was Hyatt Convention on 17th for $200. From a hotel booking site......if you need I can give the addresses of drop of location for car rental..... hope this helped

Hello Gary... just cruised in the UK on Brilliance... LOVED Baile Atha Cliath! :D

The following company absolutely saved me during the Jan 2017 Ft Lauderdale airport shooting with a last minute hire... and I had also used them before (Limo-Town Car both times) in the reverse direction from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, so I would like to refer them to you if you wish to consider it and get a quote from them

FGcarservices (owner: Fransisco)

https://fgcarservices.com/

(perhaps when you email them, mention a cruise critic referral... who knows, may offer you a "special" price?)

From your Avatar you look young(er)... Have you ever been to Miami? Perhaps have a fabulous night at Miami Beach and stay at a Miami beach hotel (ie. I've stayed at The Beacon ... seeing $150US per night in Aug). Memorable, lots of fun and excellent night life pre cruise especially on a Fri or Sat night. So taxi from Miami airport to hotel, then fgcarservices (or equivalent) the next morning to the cruise.

I'm 38. Never been to Miami before. I will defo check them out. Is FL a quiet place compared to miami??

Thanks

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Forums mobile app

Great thaks. Seems the flight and hotel combo for FL is about €400 difference for us compared to Miami

I concur, we are also flying from Dublin and not only is the price difference huge the flight times aren’t as good which is why we have booked our flights to Miami though we decided to get a hotel at the airport and travel up the next morning.

I concur, we are also flying from Dublin and not only is the price difference huge the flight times aren’t as good which is why we have booked our flights to Miami though we decided to get a hotel at the airport and travel up the next morning.
Ok excellent. How are you travelling to FL or have you decided

:cool:Hello there,

We had originally booked flights from Vancouver, BC, Canada for our upcoming harmony cruise in October back in March onto FLL. Then in April out travel agent informed us that their was a schedule change and now we get into FLL past midnight long story short we now fly into Miami. So I needed to figure out how to get there, and I did my homework......

The best option is to rent a car from Budget Car rental from Miami airport and drive to FLL its $40 for 1 night and $88 for 2 days. The best thing is that Budget has a car rental drop off at the pier for cruise passengers. You can drop off the car and they have a great shuttle that takes you to the terminal. We fly on Thursday and our cruise is Saturday. The hotel I booked was Hyatt Convention on 17th for $200. From a hotel booking site......if you need I can give the addresses of drop of location for car rental..... hope this helped

Sorry forget to mention the shuttle to the pier is FREE

The shuttle is not at the pier. It's 2 miles away and that free shuttle they offer can sometimes take quite awhile to get on. Lots of people doing the same thing

When we leave from Ft Lauderdale, we stay at the Bahia Mar. it’s closer to the beach than those hotels on 17th St, and it’s closer to some pretty decent nightlife. There’s plenty of bars and restaurants along the street at the beach and many have live music. And it only takes 10 to 15 minutes to get to the pier on cruise day. Just another option.

Transport between Miami and FLL area is discussed almost daily on the FLA departure boards.

UberX or standard Lyft, good for 2-3 passengers and normal bags, should be about $35-40 for the car. If you have more people, or someone in your group who packs like my wife :( , the UberXL fare will be about $70. Taxis, including SUV and minivan cabs for larger groups, will also ba about $70+

There are several shared shuttle companies that focus on transport between FLL and area hotels to POM and some downtown Miami hotels, with fares starting at about $15 per person each way. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport Shuttle. Most of them do not service the MIA airport. For private transport I would contact either Larry's Limos or Go Airport.

Have a great cruise! :D

Embassy Suites is $10 per person. Crowned Plaza is also $10.

I know some are free, but many charge. If you are staying 17th Street area, like Embassy Suites, cab or Uber is definitely cheaper for two or more people.

Agree! Wouldn’t wait for the shuttle AND experience the crowds and lines for it if it was still free! certainly wouldn’t pay $10pp when Uber is much cheaper. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transport between Miami and FLL area is discussed almost daily on the FLA departure boards.

UberX or standard Lyft, good for 2-3 passengers and normal bags, should be about $35-40 for the car. If you have more people, or someone in your group who packs like my wife :( , the UberXL fare will be about $70. Taxis, including SUV and minivan cabs for larger groups, will also ba about $70+

There are several shared shuttle companies that focus on transport between FLL and area hotels to POM and some downtown Miami hotels, with fares starting at about $15 per person each way. Check with SAS, QLS, MJS and Go Airport Shuttle. Most of them do not service the MIA airport. For private transport I would contact either Larry's Limos or Go Airport.

Have a great cruise! :D

I've just got a quote back from Larry's Limos for a return trip from Miami airport to the Port and back again, approximately $240 including tips and toll charges. It's a sizable fee but compared to flights into Fort Lauderdale from Dublin it's still a considerable saving flying into Miami instead and doing the transfer to the port.

I've just got a quote back from Larry's Limos for a return trip from Miami airport to the Port and back again, approximately $240 including tips and toll charges. It's a sizable fee but compared to flights into Fort Lauderdale from Dublin it's still a considerable saving flying into Miami instead and doing the transfer to the port.

That's no deal

I had the reverse situation from OP a few weeks ago... i.e., our flight was into FLL with cruise leaving out of Miami. But I'll still add in my recommendation for just using Uber. It was really easy going between the cities and for getting to the port, and far superior to prior experiences using shuttles.

What date are you going do you mind me asking. Would be funny if we were on the same time.

Just booked direst flights with Aer Lingus this morning to Miami