Ultimate beverage package

geenafeena

You can search for menus on this forum. I do not believe I have ever seen a "list" on the NCL website. This is what is currently listed on the "terms & conditions" of the 5 Free at Sea offers:

Ultimate Beverage Package (Unlimited Open Bar):

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Eligible guests are entitled to one beverage per person per transaction.

Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board.

Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Does not include Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change),

bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.

Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.

Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package ($17.80 USD per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.59 USD per person per day) prior to cruise.

Retail value of Ultimate Beverage Package is $89.00 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

Retail value of the Adult Soda Package is $7.50 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package and/or Soda Package are included when booking through the Australia office.

When booking through the Australia office, gratuities related to beverage and soda packages are included.

Are "shots" included under $15? Also want the good stuff as far as brands...premium liquors

Yes, shots are included. I don't know that there is any current list posted online for brands. I did see a thread recently where someone was upset their favorite brand of scotch is now over $15. Remember, though, even if you do order a drink that is over $15, you only pay the difference and the 20% gratuity on the difference. So if you order an $18 drink, you would only pay $3.60 for it. I personally have been on two sailings with NCL so far and never ordered a drink over $15. The ones I have seen on the bar menus that are over $15 are usually in souvenir glasses/cups. "Flights" are also not included at all, like the mojito flight available at Sugar Cane. But feel free to order the full size mojitos individually!

This is a little outdated, 2017, but here is a list: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53725998

Super Premium or Ultra I believe you would need to pay the difference, beyond $15.

I know its not directly related, but does NCL have any Happy Hours? The last post I saw on this (2013) said ever since they start the UBP, ultimate beverage package, they discontinued drink hour specials (happy hour). I also saw this post which suggest there is no real happy hour, https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2592956

Edited by Gergnad

There isn’t a list as such. It is basically all alcohol with a few exceptions (wine bottles and things like the ice bar or some specials in some restaurants - champagne in Le Bistro for example). Restricted to $15 per drink, with any amount over that chargeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a little outdated, 2017, but here is a list: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53725998

Super Premium or Ultra I believe you would need to pay the difference, beyond $15.

I know its not directly related, but does NCL have any Happy Hours? The last post I saw on this (2013) said ever since they start the UBP, ultimate beverage package, they discontinued drink hour specials (happy hour).

To spare you all the searching that I just did, here is the drink menu referenced in that thread:

092afbad0770a4169f96edc59e2aa753.jpg

c3a9abc11ca3eb961f0cbd232a0da886.jpg

1142f9a1c829641abf193176027ad2de.jpg

7c17b9fc58f6f0dfab8415e8b31afb5f.jpg

I recently got off the Star so my memory is pretty fresh with what was included in the up to $15 liquor choices. I'll only list the premium brands I drank. Oh and make sure you specify the brand or else they grab the no name bottom shelf liquor to make your drink. I had no problem getting shots of Patron.

Vodka:

Grey Goose, only regular, no flavours

Belvedere

Titos

Scotch:

Johnny Black

Glenmorangie

Tequila:

Patron Silver

Cognac:

Courvoisier VS

Hennessey VS

Gin:

Bombay Sapphire

Tanqueray

Rum:

Gosling's Black Seal

We picked this as one of our perks for upcoming October cruise. Trying to find a list of included alcohol (brands), wine, etc. I believe coffee and bottled water are NOT included. Hoping martinis are included. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

There are a few top shelf liquors that are not included, and surprisingly some things that I consider top shelf that are included. Martinis are included. You can get any liquor on the ship as part of the package. If the retail cost for the drink is more than $15 you pay the difference between the cost and $15 plus the service charge on the difference.

Specialty coffees and bottled water are not include in the package. Regular coffee or decafe is always available to everyone without charge.

Wasn't the name changed to "Unlimited Open Bar" because "Ultimate Beverage Package" was so misleading (as is much of NCL's marketing gimmicks). Although, Unlimited Open Bar is misleading as well since so many items are considered "super/ultra premium" and not included as well. It's funny looking at the list, I was getting Patron Anejo (ultra premium supposedly) on Royal Caribbean included with our drink package, and the maximum per drink on Royal is only $12 compared to $15 on NCL. Go figure.

Once onboard we ask the bartenders and they go through exactly which of the liquors that we like are included. There are some odd things- like one time Jim Beam wasn't included, but Bulleit was so we spent the week having the more expensive Bulleit and gingerales for free.