Bermuda 2019 price hike

ALS1214

I booked July on the Gem to Boston and I usually pay roughly $3400 on Dawn and next years trip is $4500 this is with drink and dining package. Wonder why it has increased so much and hopefully it will decrease.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sure the "upgrade" from Dawn to Gem is a big part of higher fares . I would book now and watch for price drops before final payment . I suspect they are testing the waters to see how much people are willing to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sad about the price increase because cruising from Boston is my "go to" summer vacation. The suites are more expensive too, maybe given the presence of the small Haven area, and there's nothing on Gem comparable to the family suites with balcony on the Dawn.

Simple marketing. It is the SHIP :) The Dawn has been a poor sell for at least the past 3 years. I've never failed to pick up price dumps last minute on UNSOLD space.Some of this demographic don't fly (don't understand it??) and repeat this cruise over and over. You don't find that as much with other demographics who move on to other areas. It's a seasonal port with few ships as well.

Add to the mix, it's very limited where it can go.

A different ship is going to stimulate sales. and the ability to get higher prices. Final nail- final payment 120 days prior to sailing. That is a LOT of time left for continued sales, in this easy drive up market. I wound not expect any massive price drips for those who booked ahead.

wow, big difference and I do not see where the GEm is any better than the Dawn. I love the Jewel class ships but not for that price. That being said I am relatively sure the rates will go down as the year goes on. If you really want this cruise book and keep your eye on the price.