Can you get off the ship in San Juan once you boarded but not yet sailed?

CACruiseLady

We are booked on the Carnival Fascination for this month and I was wondering if you could check into the ship and board, eat and then get off and spend a few hours in Old Town San Juan and then get back on before the ship left. We have a 1pm check in time and the ship sails at 10pm and we wanted to spend the afternoon in town, not on the ship. Does Carnival allow you to get on/off/on in Puerto Rico before sailing? I called them today and the agent didn't know.

You called Carnival and they didn't know.....WOW !!!!

Even though I only have experience with RCI...you can certainly checkin and then get off the ship.

Post your question on the Carnival board I'm sure you'll get more correct information than you did calling Carnival.

Yes, you can, however bear in mind there may not be an express line for people who have already checked in at the port due to space, so it may take longer than usual to reboard - you may have to wait in the pre-board area.

have done this with both celebrity and royal Caribbean and never waited with the preboard (you already have boarded). Plenty of taxis at the RCCL pan American pier and also at old san juan. Just keep track of the time.

The Fascination has a separate line for those who have already boarded and have their S&S cards. The procedure is the same as any time you come back from spending the day at a port. The Fascination pier is about a 5 - 10 minute walk to the heart of OSJ so no need for a taxi unless you have mobility issues.

We have done this cruise 14 times and will be doing it for 15 come Sept. 9.

Yes, you can get off and on as many times as you want. We have never had any long lines reboarding but we usually don’t reboard till later in the evening. However, we have done it both ways and ran stuff back on the ship, but still not much of a wait

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done this cruise 14 times and will be doing it for 15 come Sept. 9.

Yes, you can get off and on as many times as you want. We have never had any long lines reboarding but we usually don’t reboard till later in the evening. However, we have done it both ways and ran stuff back on the ship, but still not much of a wait

See you in 29 days!! [emoji6][emoji6]

have done this with both celebrity and royal Caribbean and never waited with the preboard (you already have boarded). Plenty of taxis at the RCCL pan American pier and also at old san juan. Just keep track of the time.

Good to know. I was wondering about this. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
We are booked on the Carnival Fascination for this month and I was wondering if you could check into the ship and board, eat and then get off and spend a few hours in Old Town San Juan and then get back on before the ship left. We have a 1pm check in time and the ship sails at 10pm and we wanted to spend the afternoon in town, not on the ship. Does Carnival allow you to get on/off/on in Puerto Rico before sailing? I called them today and the agent didn't know.

Check you r sail time They moved ours to 8 pm from 10 and on ship by 8 pm We sail in 2 weeks