MSC vs Celebrity

Celebrity has no reason to copy MSC due to it's already known presence. MSC is still creating a market for it's ships. I don't think you'd be sorry to try MSC. We did in 2015, and are going back in November. I don't know your status on X, but on MSC they will match to their status. Elite will mean Black card on MSC. You must apply for it, because it's not automatic.

Hi are you sure about MSC matching X status, where do we apply? THX

We are X Elite and Status Match gave us Black on MSC!

But perks are not as good as you might hope. But any blessing is a gift!

Since we're just starting out on X I guess it doesn't matter much. Cindy and I have been comparing the general ships X vs NCL vs MSC and we really like MSC. Some of the Celebrity folks say that I would be a better fit over here but we'll know more in October after we sail the Summit.

Anyone of you folks know what hotels MSC is status matching for?

Pizza, so many opinions about Pizza, most "american" pizza is just too bready and overloaded with cheese ansd sauce for me,

I seem to remember that Pizza in France and Italy was of the very thin type and not overloaded with cheese and sauce, this is what I look for in Pizza,,,very few Pizzerias, especially in FL, make what I call "good" pizza

(Sorry to go off topic on this, but pizza is one of my "favorite foods"!)

But to get back on topic we just booked an MSC cruise on Seaside for April 6, our last MSC was Divina in 2016, and although we loved the ship, the food was just OK....we don't expect a gourmet meal at every seating, but at least VERY GOOD! (and HOT)

Hilton, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, IHG, Accor, Fairmont, Starwood, Best Western, Sandals, Kampinski..........

Lots of good information on the MSC Website, under Voyagers Club.

Since we're just starting out on X I guess it doesn't matter much. Cindy and I have been comparing the general ships X vs NCL vs MSC and we really like MSC. Some of the Celebrity folks say that I would be a better fit over here but we'll know more in October after we sail the Summit.

Here's a link to a post with a link to the status-match chart which shows all the companies MSC status-matches with and what each level matches with:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56584465&postcount=12