Conflicting Pier Information

Eartha Kitten

We are leaving in two weeks and have conflicting departure information for embarkation. The Final Cruise Vacation Summary document from Oceania say one pier # but the actual port website indicates a different pier #. Which should we believe? Thank you.

We are leaving in two weeks and have conflicting departure information for embarkation. The Final Cruise Vacation Summary document from Oceania say one pier # but the actual port website indicates a different pier #. Which should we believe? Thank you.

Your Travel Agent MAY have received an update e-mail, which then should've been forwarded to you. If no TA, perhaps you have received it directly from O and it's in your spam filter(?) OR O has a wrong e-mail address.

In any case, you can call Oceania directly for the most up-to-date pier location. Also, check your CC Roll Call for any posts regarding the pier.

Keep checking the port's website up until embarkation day. The port authority can keep changing piers to meet their needs.

It is in Stockholm. An email with PDF of final summary was sent to our TA and states Frihamnen 650. But the website for the port says Frihamnen 638. Although I also see another ship listed with #638 on the same date. Very confusing.

It is in Stockholm. An email with PDF of final summary was sent to our TA and states Frihamnen 650. But the website for the port says Frihamnen 638. Although I also see another ship listed with #638 on the same date. Very confusing.

You can stop fretting. These 2 piers are side by side. All you need to know ,in order to arrive safely, is that the ship is at the Frihamnen Cruise Terminal.

1. The cruise ship berths are right next or close to one another. You’ll be able to see your ship as you approach.

2. Chances are 95%+ the taxi driver will know exactly which to take you to. If not he’ll call his dispatch and they’ll tell him.

Don’t over think it!

I only see Marina listed for the 19th :confused:

http://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

The Costa ship departs before Marina arrives

Looking at the map of the port area 650 & 638 are close so when you arrive you should see the ship

Sadly we only arrive the morning before so will have the balance of Saturday and then Sunday morning. Definitely want to see Vasa Museum though not sure whether there will be fewer crowds late in the afternoon vs. an early morning. Also plan of course to walk around Gamla Stan.

Sadly we only arrive the morning before so will have the balance of Saturday and then Sunday morning. Definitely want to see Vasa Museum though not sure whether there will be fewer crowds late in the afternoon vs. an early morning. Also plan of course to walk around Gamla Stan.
There is also a lovely outdoor folk museum that I believe is right across the street from the Vasa. Glass blowing demos, folk singing and dancing etc.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

we caught a local bus to the Vasa across the street from where we were docked and were there about 10 minutes before it opened. Other than the other 5 people waiting in line with us, that was all for at least 45 minutes....then the tour buses arrived.

Take your pictures quickly, THEN look at the info!

we always like to go everywhere early rather than later--we both get a little stressed that we might arrive back in port too late.

3 pieces of advice for arriving at Disney World 1) arrive early 2)arrive early 3)arrive early--we have adopted WDW advice for all of our travels!!!

and I agree with the idea of being out on Terrace or up top for the departure--one of the best sail away worldwide!