Different terminals

indiana123

I know I could research this but thought a question on here might be quicker and perhaps helpful to others.

We go out on our cruise from City Terminal but come back to Queen Elizabeth Terminal.

We park our car at City, I presume. What happens when we come back to another terminal.

Are they close? Is it all one big car park for all terminals or

do we have to transfer to the car park, or do they move the car?

Thank you

Cunard does not have parking directly at City Terminal. I am guessing that they will have an arrangement, as they do at QE terminal, whereby you will drop your luggage, hand over your keys, your car will be taken to a secure car park, and will be waiting for you to collect by the Queen Elizabeth Terminal when you get back.

We don’t like leaving our keys, and having our car driven, so we usually stay at the Holiday Inn, with parking included in our stay. You can walk a short distance to the City Terminal, or use the taxi included in their stay and cruise deal, and then get the included taxi back to the hotel to collect your car. Very well organised system.

If you have used CPS then there is no actual parking at the individual terminals for the duration of your cruise. Your car is driven away and parked elsewhere within the port boundaries and then they return it to the small car parks at each terminal the day before your disembarkation, port authority regulations, and then it will be waiting whichever terminal it is. If you think about it the car parks where you pick up your car are not big enough to park and leave there for duration of cruise if you imagine how many cars are parked at the port by the 3 Cunard ships and also P&O ships who have same contract and procedure with CPS.

By the way Cunard/P&O do not usually use City terminal they usually use Ocean, Mayflower and QE11 terminals but Mayflower is not available possibly because they are doing building work in the area for the arrival of Iona.

Majortom - on the 10 Aug QM2 departure, it has been moved from Ocean to City terminal, with QV using Ocean instead. My original eticket said Ocean but it has been changed to City recently. I don't know the reason why as I thought QM2 took precedence at Ocean terminal due to its size. Not sure if it's because there is supposed to be a Red Arrows sailway on 10 August - not long to wait now though.

Answering Indiana's query, if using CPS, they drive your car away from one terminal, park it elsewhere for the cruise duration and return it to whichever terminal the ship is scheduled to arrive at. If coming into QEII terminal, you will have to walk through the "shed" to collect your keys from the hut, walk over the road and into the car park opposite to collect your car.