"Transportation" from ship to port?

pampaul

I've heard on some ports they will have these "carts" that will drive you from the ship to the port. We leave Wed on the Horizon and will be visiting San Juan, Amber Cove and Grand Turk. Can you tell me whether either of these have this transportation? Thanks

I've heard on some ports they will have these "carts" that will drive you from the ship to the port. We leave Wed on the Horizon and will be visiting San Juan, Amber Cove and Grand Turk. Can you tell me whether either of these have this transportation? Thanks

Hi there

I don't believe any of these ports have transport from the ship to the gate (so to speak). The distances are not that great at these ports.

I would suggest that anyone traveling with a mobility issue where standing or walking becomes painful should consider travelling with a folding wheelchair. They can be picked up and put in a taxi very easily, or often carried on a bus. This allows you to do many things that otherwise might not be considered.

hope this helps

hope this helps

Amber Cove also has bikers with carts that transport you for a fee, the pier there is fairly long pier.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jimbo is right on this - the walk from the ship along the pier to the central area of Amber Cove is pretty long and they do have those bicycle-rickshaw type things which come in handy when returning to the ship at the end of the day. Especially if you're worn out or running late. :D

Jimbo is right on this - the walk from the ship along the pier to the central area of Amber Cove is pretty long and they do have those bicycle-rickshaw type things which come in handy when returning to the ship at the end of the day. Especially if you're worn out or running late. :D

With the possibility of Ocho Rios, it may well be the longest pier we have been on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums