Meeting with Maitre'd on embarkation day

skidroe

In the past, there was always a special desk set up in the Explorers Lounge where one could see the location of their dining table and make any changes, if they were available. No longer the case? That was always our very first stop once we got onboard.

Years ago, for some unclear reason, HAL changed the position name of Maitre d' hotel to Dining Rom Manager.

I believe the very new title now is Dining and Beverage Manager. both services are now combined in this top position.

I believe the very new title now is Dining and Beverage Manager. both services are now combined in this top position.

That's a big change. I wonder how many stripes this position will carry? Quite different skill sets to combine into one position.

Thanks for this info!

Interesting. We had a dining room manager, asst dining room manager and Beverage manager on the Prinsendam 3 months ago.

Interesting. We had a dining room manager, asst dining room manager and Beverage manager on the Prinsendam 3 months ago.

You must have also had a COM. Maybe you just forgot him or her ?

You probab ly had one

It has been Dining Room Manager, Culinary OPerations Manager and Beverage Manager for Years on all the HAL ships.

In the past, there was always a special desk set up in the Explorers Lounge where one could see the location of their dining table and make any changes, if they were available. No longer the case? That was always our very first stop once we got onboard.

Is the 'Explorer's Lounge' the same as the 'Explorer's Bar'. I see an 'Explorer's Bar' on Eurodam's deck plans (our next sailing), but no 'Explorer's Lounge'.

I guess I'm still a bit unclear as to where to go / who to speak to if we want to change our (fixed) dining arrangements.

NOt exactly.

Dining Room Manager, C ulinary Operations Manager and Beverage Manager... for years now,,, all answer to Hotel Director

Edited by sail7seas

Zaandam in May/June 2018, the cruise director's chat with the officers had this person explain this new title. Maybe it is not fleet wide or not going to be implemented on a ship soon to leave the fleet anyway.

NOt exactly.

Dining Room Manager, C ulinary Operations Manager and Beverage Manager... for years now,,, all answer to Hotel Director

Thank you. That was the combination - culinary and beverage now together - it was a point of great discussion during that chat so I assumed this was something new.

Is the 'Explorer's Lounge' the same as the 'Explorer's Bar'. I see an 'Explorer's Bar' on Eurodam's deck plans (our next sailing), but no 'Explorer's Lounge'
It's the same place. Before the Lincoln Center Stage was moved in there it was called the Explorer's Lounge on all ships, but now some have changed to LCS on one end and Ex-Bar on the other. If you look at the Noordam's deck plan it shows LCS on one end and Explorer's Lounge still on the other end.

Is the 'Explorer's Lounge' the same as the 'Explorer's Bar'. I see an 'Explorer's Bar' on Eurodam's deck plans (our next sailing), but no 'Explorer's Lounge'.

I guess I'm still a bit unclear as to where to go / who to speak to if we want to change our (fixed) dining arrangements.

This thread has quite a bit of drift. LOL. I don’t think it matters what the titles are the OP just wants to know if there is someone to talk to to confirm/change dining arrangements on embarkation day. The answer is yes. We did it on our last cruise by talking with the person (I don’t know his title) at the podium as we entered the dining room for lunch once we were on board. He was able to pull up our dinner arrangements in the computer and showed us where our table was located in the dining room. He would have been able to make changes, but we didn’t need to make them as we were happy with our table location (away from service stations).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

March cruise we booked the cruise late and got anytime, wanted early assigned. Tried to change to early and could not. We did get 6pm for that night and 5:30 for next. There was a stand set up where the adagio strings played. Went to dining room for lunch and spoke to the person at the podium about dinner reservations. They had someone there booking dinner times. Spoke to her for a few minutes and she booked us to 5:45 every night in anytime dining other than those I had already booked at specialty restaurants. The folks at the dining room were the most helpful. Do it early once you get one board. Time slots fill up quickly.