First time on RC so have a question

Can we carry our luggage on and get to our cabin immediately? Years ago gave luggage to porter and he left it in the street - luckily i was paying attention and took it - so am a bit hesitant to do this again. But we also don’t want to walk around with it for hours. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Can we carry our luggage on and get to our cabin immediately? Years ago gave luggage to porter and he left it in the street - luckily i was paying attention and took it - so am a bit hesitant to do this again. But we also don’t want to walk around with it for hours. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Any luggage that doesn’t fit through the scanner must be checked.

I can understand after what happened to you, you would be nervous but we have cruised over 35 times now and have never had a problem

The rooms will not be ready until about 1:30 so you will have your carryons with you until that time..

I do hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

If you wait until after 1:30pm to board, you can go straight to your stateroom and drop your bags.

You could also just wait another 45 seconds to watch the porter put your bag in the cart that all the luggage goes on to on the ship. I always do this, though part of it is I often fail to have a tip ready before they're already done.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can understand that your experience years ago was unsettling but that is really a situation and not a condition. We have sailed over 20 years and while some things about cruising have not improved, baggage handling, embarkation and debarkation are not one of them on RCCL. We use to get late luggage deliveries as a standard procedure and use to make jokes about luggage lottery. The last 7 or 8 years have been a big improvement.

Sometimes you can sneak into the rooms much earlier.

To the OP....please do not try to do this. It is very unfair to the poor room stewards who are desperately trying to get a large amount of rooms ready for the new passengers.

They can get their jobs done much faster if EVERYONE follows the rules and waits until the 1:30 time.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

We had one problem with luggage not being delivered and we has to search the ship ourselves at 11 PM but that was a different cruise line.

Don't count on it - corridor doors are usually locked or staff won't let you pass until 1:00 or so when rooms are ready.

Those door are never "locked"... the only cruisers that should be accessing them before the announcement is made are consecutive (B2B) cruiser's. We always do this quickly so other's won't assume they can.

Those door are never "locked"... the only cruisers that should be accessing them before the announcement is made are consecutive (B2B) cruiser's. We always do this quickly so other's won't assume they can.

Poor choice of words on my part. I should have said “closed” not locked.

Just like the dining room doors are closed before opening for each dinner seating (loved it when they closed again after 15 minutes or so, and latecomers were not admitted but that’s another story!!!)

In other words it’s pretty obvious that you are not wanted of allowed before the cabins are officially ready. Stewards work hard enough getting cabins ready without people pushing. I agree on a back-to-back I have gone to my cabin and closed the door so that it doesn’t look like it’s officially open.

Thank you to everyone who responded - this was very helpful (and we would never sneak into the cabin just to drop off luggage. We've sailed about 20 times and know the drill on turnaround day and how hard everyone is working) Thank you again