Excursion Booking Question

katz

I am looking at O's excursions for two upcoming cruises. When I go online and go to the "Shop for Excursions" section for my bookings, for most ports I am able to click on the port name and the box will turn from light blue to dark blue, with the list of excursions underneath. A few of the port boxes are in white and do not change color and do not list any excursions. What does this mean? Have they just not finalized tours yet, or does this mean something else. My cruises are B2B and the sailing date is about six months from now.

Just wondering, since this has never happened before. All the ports in question are in Japan.

Might be a bit early but then again there was a thread here about those on B2B cruises not being able to book excursions online

I would call Oceania & ask if this is the case with your cruises

The OP is on a B2B; I understand that day there are often no excursions on turn-over day.

katz, do recheck as for the current no torus listed days they could be added. Also if you miss one you want as it is sold out, check back as new times are sometimes added.

Thanks everyone. All the ports without a listing of excursions are in Japan, including Tokyo. Weird that Tokyo tours are not listed. I will keep checking the website to see tours have been added to these ports.

I think you are a little early. I've never seen a port with no excursions. That's lost revenue.

Our world cruise is in 5 months and excursions have been out since June. But there are 5 ports without any ship excursions offered. 4 are in Japan and the other is Rome. So, it does happen.

Not excursion related but since you are going to Japan, in case you do not know, the Japanese government does not allow any ships to have internet service while in Japanese waters - if needing internet while there you need to use shoreside internet service.

Not excursion related but since you are going to Japan, in case you do not know, the Japanese government does not allow any ships to have internet service while in Japanese waters - if needing internet while there you need to use shoreside internet service.

I have read that as well but we had no trouble with internet aboard Diamond Princess when we were on B2B2B cruises around Japan.

About the internet---We were on Diamond Princess last year, their Circle Japan cruise, and we did not have any problems with access.

Go Bucks---we are on two of the RTW segments, Sydney to Tokyo and Tokyo to Singapore.

I thought it was China that blocked the internet??

Did you have problems there?

I was in China in 2016 and no internet problem but we lost internet the night before entering Japanese water until we left several days later. This was pre-announced on Insignia. I just did a quick internet search and don't see any mention so hopefully it has changed since then.

Katz - enjoy your cruise