Crown Speciality Dining - booking in advance.

packingmysuitcase

We are newbies cruisers about to go on the Crown in the Med in September. We would like to eat at the speciality restaurants and were looking at booking these in advance - however we realised we would need to pay upfront. Is there any advantage to doing so (other than having it already paid). Do they book out? We are keen to do it on at least one of the formal nights.

Thanks

Same cost either way. Formal nights tend to book quickly. Over recent years, I’ve found that waiting until I board the ship and deciding which day and time, often, only later (8:15 or later) times are available. If there was a promotion for my sailing that included dinner in a specialty restaurant, such as the “3 for Free” promotion, the Crown Grill is fully booked for the cruise by Muster time.

Good info Pam; thanks for posting. My question to you; if you book with 3 for free; when can you book those; before or after you get on the ship? Thanks
Good question. If you pre-book, you have to pre-pay so it’s not a “3 for Free” reservation. If you have the “3 for Free,” you get a card in your cabin that you present when you go to dinner at your reservation time. I don’t know if you can talk to the restaurant Maitre ‘d and get OBC for pre-paying and then using your card for the dinner.

Just FYI, if you’re sailing solo in a cabin, your card is good for two people. Bring a friend. :) We were four ladies cruising together but each with our own cabin booked under the “3 for Free” promotion. We used two cards one night and got a second night using the other two cards.