Celebrity Equinox - medical emergency on Cruise departed on August 4

kevey

Hi all.

For those that are interested, just heard from my brother who is on the current Equinox cruise, that it had to be diverted to Bahamas today due to a medical emergency. It will be skipping San Juan tomorrow as a result.

Works out well for my brother as they have not been to Nassau before, but had been to San Juan last year already.

Hi all.

For those that are interested, just heard from my brother who is on the current Equinox cruise, that it had to be diverted to Bahamas today due to a medical emergency. It will be skipping San Juan tomorrow as a result.

Works out well for my brother as they have not been to Nassau before, but had been to San Juan last year already.

Hope the evacuated party is well--- just as an FYI, many readers of the board, though certainly not all, are from the US--- 4/8 looks like April 8th. You might wish to change the title of your post (or have admin change it) to August 4th. I was a little confused but curious, but some might not click thinking it is nearly 4 months out of date.

Hope the evacuated party is well--- just as an FYI, many readers of the board, though certainly not all, are from the US--- 4/8 looks like April 8th. You might wish to change the title of your post (or have admin change it) to August 4th. I was a little confused but curious, but some might not click thinking it is nearly 4 months out of date.

Good thought - being from UK we always quote the date before the month. How do I get this changed ?

Report the thread to the moderators and ask them to change the title to '4th August'.

Can see how to report a post, but how do I report my own thread - have tried looking around the website but cannot see any instructions/or buttons to click ?

See that little triangle with a ! on the top next to the # of every post...just click it and add any message you want to the moderators.

Thanks - so obvious. Not doing much for you yanks perception of British intelligence levels.....

Thanks - so obvious. Not doing much for you yanks perception of British intelligence levels.....

No such thoughts here;) I too initially thought the little triangle was only for reporting an abusive post. It never occurred to me that one could also use it to request a correction until someone mentioned the fact on CC. It’s certainly not at all obvious. Cheers:)

No such thoughts here;) I too initially thought the little triangle was only for reporting an abusive post. It never occurred to me that one could also use it to request a correction until someone mentioned the fact on CC. It’s certainly not at all obvious. Cheers:)

By the way - I shall be on the 7th Dec Reflection cruise too - how funny is that !

By the way - I shall be on the 7th Dec Reflection cruise too - how funny is that !

That’s an amazing coincidence! This will be our first Caribbean cruise, though we’ve been to Barbados for a lovely winter break at the beach. There’s a roll call if you’re interested in joining. Perhaps we’ll meet at the sail away. Cheers!

Dont worry about the ‘error’, we Colonials can live with it. It’s too bad we don’t use the proper day/month/year designation since that makes much more sense. Heck, when I use a date on a computer file, I use year/month/day and that way can find stuff much easier!

And maybe the Moderators will (or even can) change the title, but the Help section for this forum says the Modeators can’t (won’t?) make a changes to posts. Don’t know about changes to thread names. But don’t worry, many of us (included yours truly) has made errors on naming threads. Take a look at the Roll Calls where they ask us if we are starting a new Roll Call thread, Not to start it with the Ships Name since it will be in a folder that is under the Ships Name, and to start it with the cruise date. Many, many Roll Calls start with the ship name. Life.

Den

The title has been edited as requested.

That’s an amazing coincidence! This will be our first Caribbean cruise, though we’ve been to Barbados for a lovely winter break at the beach. There’s a roll call if you’re interested in joining. Perhaps we’ll meet at the sail away. Cheers!

We've done a couple before - one with Carnival way back in 2010 (used to do Carnival cruises in those days as we had a teenage daughter with us back then who loved the 'fun ship' vibe), and the other on the Equinox in 2015, but loved the look of the 7 Dec cruise as we have not been to any of the stops, plus it is a rare 14 day cruise which Celebrity hardly do in this region it seems.

We are going with another couple this time, but we don't usually join roll calls to be honest, as we prefer just to do our own thing. Perhaps we'll make an exception this time and join the roll call though.......

I understand. We usually do our own thing as well. When on holiday, we enjoy being able to leave work & home schedules behind, so we’re reluctant to make time commitments in advance. I’ve found the roll calls useful for shared private (small group) shore excursions, but that’s not necessary for this itinerary. Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful holiday:)

I understand. We usually do our own thing as well. When on holiday, we enjoy being able to leave work & home schedules behind, so we’re reluctant to make time commitments in advance. I’ve found the roll calls useful for shared private (small group) shore excursions, but that’s not necessary for this itinerary. Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful holiday:)

I did join a roll call a few years back for a NCL cruise that proved useful for a smaller group shore excursion to see the Pyramids in Egypt, but in general the 4 of us arrange our own shore plans, or do the odd ship excursion to use up our OBC. The same to you too :) - where are you from by the way as can't see by your name ?