Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

7 hours ago, drron29 said:

Lunch at Whitegrass, Singapore. Fay.

The amusee bouche. Lobster, chestnut cake and 5 spice lettuce. All very flavourful.

IMG_5982.thumb.jpeg.df379a7aec2ea246e2b676547b79c3b5.jpeg

Lovely bread with French butter.

IMG_5983.thumb.jpeg.f74aa59ac8499a166bc16f1222fedf8f.jpeg

IMG_5986.thumb.jpeg.d5c560875d7bea01c64577b167e60408.jpeg

Hokkaido scallop. Best scallop I’ve ever had.

IMG_5984.thumb.jpeg.c780edc6bc03abde5d108fd7cc031beb.jpeg

Than a lilybulb soup. The only let down as bland.

IMG_5985.thumb.jpeg.6e78c18eb9bfd5b33962cbc3d29df729.jpeg

Rojaan had the Waygu which just melted in her mouth. Not a great steak eater but she finished before me.

IMG_5987.thumb.jpeg.e388dd300f3c097c684a03e40fce4c39.jpeg

I had the duck which was perfect.

IMG_5988.thumb.jpeg.05a81a8dececdf67fba16643b8a964be.jpeg

Then a lovely palate cleanser with apple, ginger and Japanese pineapple.

IMG_5989.thumb.jpeg.3d95d8a3e1dc7d2e8ff85ac59a52e8f2.jpeg

Then desert. Fig on a rum biscuit and cream with lemon sorbet. Delicious.

IMG_5990.thumb.jpeg.1ae8906877e31679342088c769235d63.jpeg

To finish A financier with honey and coconut mochi with a raspberry jelly.IMG_5996.thumb.jpeg.4471fcaf297422a6dadcecfe4a4e0e13.jpeg

Had a bottle of an Italian Pinot Grigio rose.

Then a visit to our table by Chef Takuya Yamashita.

A great meal and a definite recommendation if you are visiting Singapore.

Next time😊

After disembarkment we IMG_5475.thumb.jpeg.cf1cfd8b4b4c4e62f2c8c7d931f52bbc.jpegIMG_5476.thumb.jpeg.e61de1ea574cbd251fe64e01054c0daf.jpegwent to the National Kitchen by Violet Oon (the one in the National Gallery) for some typical Peranakan cuisine. Excellent meal! 
Saté, Gado Gado, a melt in your mouth beef Randang and some mixed veggies. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Grand Duchess said:

Next time😊

After disembarkment we IMG_5475.thumb.jpeg.cf1cfd8b4b4c4e62f2c8c7d931f52bbc.jpegIMG_5476.thumb.jpeg.e61de1ea574cbd251fe64e01054c0daf.jpegwent to the National Kitchen by Violet Oon (the one in the National Gallery) for some typical Peranakan cuisine. Excellent meal! 
Saté, Gado Gado, a melt in your mouth beef Randang and some mixed veggies. 

Oh yum!  That looks divine! 

15 minutes ago, Grand Duchess said:

There is one in Changi airport too...

@Grand Duchess , if you get a minute, would you kindly let me know how you made your way to the National Gallery site please?  We are in Singapore in March for a couple of days.  You have whet our appetite!  😋

The easiest way from the cruise Centre where the Muse is docked is by Taxi. our restaurant is a little bit further away than the Art gallery and the fare was $S12 there and $S10 back.

It isn't as far if docked at the Marina Cruise terminal.

There is an MRT station not far from the Art gallery -City Hall station on the Red or green line. A red line station is close to the Marina Cruise Terminal.

There is also a MRT station very close to the cruise centre but you would have to change trains.

The Art Gallery has free admission. There is also a Restaurant that has been number 1 in Asia and in the World's top 10 Restaurants - Odette. We have gone there and the food is exceptional, presentation fantastic and service excellent. However way too much food for us. Also much more expensive than Whitegrass.

https://www.odetterestaurant.com/accolades/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, drron29 said:

The easiest way from the cruise Centre where the Muse is docked is by Taxi. our restaurant is a little bit further away than the Art gallery and the fare was $S12 there and $S10 back.

It isn't as far if docked at the Marina Cruise terminal.

There is an MRT station not far from the Art gallery -City Hall station on the Red or green line. A red line station is close to the Marina Cruise Terminal.

There is also a MRT station very close to the cruise centre but you would have to change trains.

The Art Gallery has free admission. There is also a Restaurant that has been number 1 in Asia and in the World's top 10 Restaurants - Odette. We have gone there and the food is exceptional, presentation fantastic and service excellent. However way too much food for us. Also much more expensive than Whitegrass.

https://www.odetterestaurant.com/accolades/

Awesome @drron29 !  Thank you!  I love options!

5 hours ago, mysty said:

Awesome @drron29 !  Thank you!  I love options!

https://violetoon.com/national-kitchen-by-violet-oon-national-gallery-singapore/

It had to be National Kitchen this time since I had been to Odette last time in Singapore. Fabulous and excellent service but of course much more pricey since high level French cuisine.

• Thanks 1

Hi from the Okavango Delta! We left Kalahari yesterday after 3 great days of wildlife sightings. We got here yesterday afternoon and of course, went for another game drive.

It's dry here and the wildlife isn't super dense. But yesterday's highlight was a mating pair of leopards! We arrived during a break in the action. The guy was lying there all proud of himself. 

20231108_185050.thumb.jpg.9b7934f6aeeaa34c295875b38d56fc16.jpg

The girl was hiding from him. In case he had ideas. Or she was embarrassed. 

20231108_185517.thumb.jpg.e886fdbd8fdfe4ec1cceb13eba67075a.jpg

This morning we started out slowly and went to the far northern reaches of the reserve. We saw a wake of vultures. When they are on the ground, something interesting is usually there.

20231109_091917.thumb.jpg.4e58da33cd99237514510ae171a32d6c.jpg

Yup. An antelope leg!

20231109_091849.thumb.jpg.8c965ec319095eaed30136ebd6717b0c.jpg

Our guide recognized this as a leftover from a Wild Dog kill. So we went looking for the pack. And found them!

20231109_092826.thumb.jpg.7f27593376a5f824b158b0b3994bd5f5.jpg

20231109_093831.thumb.jpg.f5946e2372217109c25a1e4476d87de4.jpg

20231109_094533.thumb.jpg.26bc8f0680e9f7d9ec6d00f352fa3a36.jpg

We were thrilled to see these creatures in the wild. They are very endangered. And I can't believe that our guide figured out how to find them for us!

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 11

I have always had a thing for stars and our heavens.  Something new is coming.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/photos/esa-euclid-photo-scroller-1.7022468

"New telescope searching for unseen matter in our universe reveals stunning new images.
European Space Agency's Euclid telescope aims to create largest 3D map of universe.

Dark matter and dark energy make up roughly 95 per cent of our universe but can't be seen. In order to reveal their influence, over its six-year mission, the Euclid space telescope will observe the shapes, distances and motions of billions of galaxies out to 10 billion light-years and create the largest cosmic 3D map ever made. "

The images in the article are mesmerizing.  

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, mysty said:

I have always had a thing for stars and our heavens.  Something new is coming.  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/photos/esa-euclid-photo-scroller-1.7022468

"New telescope searching for unseen matter in our universe reveals stunning new images.
European Space Agency's Euclid telescope aims to create largest 3D map of universe.

Dark matter and dark energy make up roughly 95 per cent of our universe but can't be seen. In order to reveal their influence, over its six-year mission, the Euclid space telescope will observe the shapes, distances and motions of billions of galaxies out to 10 billion light-years and create the largest cosmic 3D map ever made. "

The images in the article are mesmerizing.  

Stunning, particularly the Horsehead Nebula.

• Like 1

Some observations from the Muse. Today I saw the ultimate lounge hog behaviour. A woman on Deck 11 as I began my walk put her bag and a pair of shoes on a double lounge on  the port side. When I went around she had walked to the starboard side and put her book and glasses on a double lounge. Then went back to the pool and brought back 4 pool towels. 

Yesterday as I was going to pick up our passports a couple at the gate asked if they could change their excursion for the day. But when we were queued for Immigration the couple in front of us asked if they needed their passports. Had been a few announcements about the need for taking your passports on any excursions or leaving the ship.

Then at breakfast at the Arts cafe a fellow called a crew member over berating her as no one had come and taken their orders. Then said he wanted a fruit platter but not one from the cabinet but one that was freshly cut up.

Sometimes I just worry about my fellow travellers.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

Some observations from the Muse. Today I saw the ultimate lounge hog behaviour. A woman on Deck 11 as I began my walk put her bag and a pair of shoes on a double lounge on  the port side. When I went around she had walked to the starboard side and put her book and glasses on a double lounge. Then went back to the pool and brought back 4 pool towels. 

Yesterday as I was going to pick up our passports a couple at the gate asked if they could change their excursion for the day. But when we were queued for Immigration the couple in front of us asked if they needed their passports. Had been a few announcements about the need for taking your passports on any excursions or leaving the ship.

Then at breakfast at the Arts cafe a fellow called a crew member over berating her as no one had come and taken their orders. Then said he wanted a fruit platter but not one from the cabinet but one that was freshly cut up.

Sometimes I just worry about my fellow travellers.

Oh well... A few days back early evening in Dolce Vita we observed a male being (won't call him a gentleman) with his feet up on the opposite chair, shoes on and all. Not that shoes off would have made any difference! The guy must be made of teflon since all the dirty looks he was getting from several people at the bar did not seem to register. And I'm usually really good at sending out killerbeam dirty looks😊

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We had a magnificent sighting tonight! Lions are great and all. But nothing is as beautiful (to me) as a leopard. A gorgeous specimen. 

20231110_173558.thumb.jpg.065a51ec85b57397629100ae255c9802.jpg

20231110_174443.thumb.jpg.aedac1e7fe2d6e308be547893ddd128b.jpg

20231110_174601.thumb.jpg.8f458caabab4407ccdaa3d1c395b588e.jpg

Such a thrill to be in her presence. 

Wow! These are incredible shots of leapards which are ususally very hard to spot!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had the perfect view. She was striding confidently along, then hopped up on the fallen tree to survey her domain. We were probably 10 meters away. She then proceeded to clean herself for her portrait. 

And apparently, she just gave birth a day or two ago. She had been last seen three days prior, very pregnant, vanishing into a hole in a large tree. We didn't see cubs but maybe the next group will!

• Like 7