Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I hope it is OK to recommend something from another line's posts.  I think the animal lovers amongst us would enjoy looking at Seabourn's Live from the Venture thread, page 3 post 58, for an unusual one minute  video - I found it thrilling.

Lola

That is a fantastic video. I've never seen that many together before! Since I don't read the Seabourn board, thanks for posting the info.

Cheers

Jennifer

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lincslady said:

I hope it is OK to recommend something from another line's posts.  I think the animal lovers amongst us would enjoy looking at Seabourn's Live from the Venture thread, page 3 post 58, for an unusual one minute  video - I found it thrilling.

Lola

Pretty cool! Thanks for pointing us to it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, lincslady said:

Lola

Officially jealous. Orcas apparently don't like me as they swim in the opposite direction or disappear the day before I am in the area.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Advance Notice.......Myster and I will be flying out for our big adventure on December 16th.  I will post my temporary swan song funny on December 15th from home.  After departure I will not have access to the accumulated funnies on our desk top computer.  I'm not abandoning the Cooler.  I intend to drop in as often as convenient as we sail.

Dearest Coolers, I hope you keep the doors to the Cooler Bar open, the lights on, the peanut shells swept up and the camaraderie alive and well.  This is a special place!  Please keep the lovely, welcoming, sympathetic, and accepting haven that we have all created and loved vibrant and alive!  🥰

• Like 16

Just back from family in the Great American Midwest.

Lovely time with daughter, son-in-law (from Poland), and these 3 beautiful granddaughters.  

Still, how nice to scroll through all of your funny and interesting posts upon a bit sad return.

image.thumb.png.92a4f2952f151b1abad0352ab02f4402.png

Chicago had many holiday places to visit, the Botanic Garden had a walk through light show.

image.png.39de05dfca3dacf814e45fffd06abce5.png.

JP, the lioness picture you led off with in an earlier post is, in my opinion, worthy of entering in a photo contest of some sort.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, mysty said:

Advance Notice.......Myster and I will be flying out for our big adventure on December 16th.  I will post my temporary swan song funny on December 15th from home.  After departure I will not have access to the accumulated funnies on our desk top computer.  I'm not abandoning the Cooler.  I intend to drop in as often as convenient as we sail.

Dearest Coolers, I hope you keep the doors to the Cooler Bar open, the lights on, the peanut shells swept up and the camaraderie alive and well.  This is a special place!  Please keep the lovely, welcoming, sympathetic, and accepting haven that we have all created and loved vibrant and alive!  🥰

Those are some mighty big Louboutins to fill. 

It is a rare and  special place thanks in no small part to you.  I'll do my best to sweep the peanut shells and keep the bar stocked. Velvet hammer is under the counter.  Remind me, how much gin do you put in the water cooler when you change the jug?

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Those are some mighty big Louboutins to fill. 

It is a rare and  special place thanks in no small part to you.  I'll do my best to sweep the peanut shells and keep the bar stocked. Velvet hammer is under the counter.  Remind me, how much gin do you put in the water cooler when you change the jug?

You're too kind @highplanesdrifters !  The Cooler exists because of the wonderful denizens who contribute to the joy and laughter, express their support and caring, keep the place respectful and accepting.  It could not continue without all of you!  I'm glad you found the velvet hammer!  You may need to dust off the cobwebs as it hasn't been used very often! 😁  As for the proportion of gin, just use your excellent judgment.  😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Remind me, how much gin do you put in the water cooler when you change the jug?

57 minutes ago, mysty said:

As for the proportion of gin, just use your excellent judgment.  😁

Use it all. We'll buy more!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/24/2023 at 7:20 PM, lincslady said:

Lola

Maybe it's my old tablet, but can't find the thread.  Would you consider posting a link.  Thanks much.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, highplanesdrifters said:

Maybe it's my old tablet, but can't find the thread.  Would you consider posting a link.  Thanks much.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2974972-live-from-the-venture-headed-back-to-antarctica/?do=findComment&comment=66487745

Edited by mysty
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mysty said:

Thanks M.  Yes, amazing video. And thank Lola for reposting.

OK, I need a time out - or more gin in the water cooler.  I thought it was somewhere on the Live from Venture Voyage Tracker Blog. Couldn't figure out the page 3 post 58.  Should have been my clue.

Also fun to follow, don't forget to hit the Hamburger in the upper left.

https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/experience/voyagetracker/index.html

• Like 1

So after six months without a cat in the house, we caved a week ago. Our friends were fostering these two little ones for a while, so now they have a new home!

Dora 

20231125_075805.thumb.jpg.2786458c92a12b6bf7ddcaeae96d9fe1.jpg

20231125_102239.thumb.jpg.6395d9c76a5e37397c803dc8c73e8cca.jpg

And Duma.

20231125_080108.thumb.jpg.5318ae1d93d8e1dc4caa50902bfa4817.jpg

20231127_213011.thumb.jpg.064b8339087284602063b0010144bafd.jpg

Duma rhymes with puma which fits him well, even though it's Swahili for cheetah (which is why we chose it). And if (when) he does something stupid we can call him Dumb-a. It's a good multipurpose name.

Side by side you can see that Dora is such a fluffball. Her tail is epic! If only she would help with the dusting. 

20231126_074408.thumb.jpg.34a5218446e86ab2d53a61684a99022a.jpg

They are quite energetic, now that they have stopped hiding and are comfortable in their new home. I hope we can keep up with them!

• Like 17