Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 hour ago, drron29 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.aac906748d8835f29ddd6f374437c09f.jpeg

image.thumb.png.5e9f14c8c32dd5aca16162c5185efbef.png

I have one cat in Particular, called Rose West (look it up), that has the sharpest instinct for such people. She’s extremely aloof unless of course they utter one of two fatal phrases. The first being I Dont like cats, the second being I’m allergic. They are the only people she ever goes to. Good girl Rose.

Edited by DavyWavey70
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 9/6/2024 at 9:44 AM, spinnaker2 said:

And rabid fan here:

Yes, congratulations to Spins in South Florida for being a "rabid fan" for her Miami Hurricanes and Michigan Wolverines.  Yesterday, those 'Canes did super well with a big win.  However, up in the "Big House" in Ann Arbor, Michigan, her UM team got pounded by a strong and effective third-ranked Texas.  

Plus, Notre Dame got upset by an unknown Northern Illinois on the Irish's home field.  AND, highly-rated Oregon nearby got upset.  Lots of drama and fun finishes in a number of games yesterday.  

Many more weeks of exciting college football to come.  Plus, today the NFL gets into full gear with a wide range of games.  There were initial NFL games Thursday and Friday, but today is the BIG KICK-OFF.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 57,321 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

On 9/6/2024 at 9:22 PM, Lirio said:

Currently in a bar in Atlanta watching an NFL game in Brazil (with VPN) in portuguese.....

Great to hear that our Brazil friend got to see part of the exciting Philadelphia versus Green Bay game.  That NFL contest was a "thriller" down to the end.  More excitement to come today and for the future weeks.  Keep watching and joining in with the fun.  

On 9/6/2024 at 1:49 PM, TakingFlight said:

@TLCOhio Yes, we will be attending the Ohio State vs. Iowa game on the 5th. It will be fun to observe the long-time rivalry between these two teams. Thank you for your offer of help for our road trip.  I would appreciate any ideas for breakfast or lunch in the Amish country. We'll be staying in Millersburg but only for one night. Then it will be on to Columbus for the game.

Appreciate this great follow-up from our California coast friend.  Millersburg is the county seat for Holmes County, but it does not have the "charm and character" to be found in the rural areas east of that town where you are staying overnight.  

Specifically, the village of Berlin can be a little on the tourist-side, but has a charming dining location called Boyd and Wurthmann Restaurant.  Great pies and home cooking there in the middle of their main street down the middle of this Berlin in Ohio.

For Ohio's Amish Country, the key is exploring some of the rural roads, going to small villages like Charm, Mt. Hope (with Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen great buffet), Bunker Hill (Country Furniture & Bookstore), etc., etc.  Below are a couple more examples for what you might observe in Amish Country.  

image.thumb.jpeg.9cc3d011b67a52569c8e61698f88603c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.964559debec6b4875763a57c26bda492.jpeg

As to Columbus, depending as to where you are staying, I am happy to provide more tips, dining suggestions, local insights, etc.  Let me know what helps. Or, an email so that we can connect directly.  Whatever is helpful to welcome you to Ohio!!   Here are two visuals for what you might see and experience being in 100,000-plus-fan-occupied Ohio Stadium during the Iowa game.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1aa929650d90e51c68578d94ba5fe641.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7d8b8e83c466c52015c6ea90bab24cce.jpeg

And in this historic stadium going back more than a hundred years, the pre-game and half-time shows merit your attention.  You'll enjoy what is called here "The Best Damn Band in the Land."   They generally do a moving formation called "Script Ohio" that is interesting and fun!!

image.thumb.jpeg.f0d623889d3f036d090c0a6ae66d80fe.jpeg

Canada 2022/2023: Scenic visuals, details from Canada Maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Cape Breton Island).  Plus, new from Aug. 2023, exploring historic/charming Quebec City.    Visual/Info Summaries:

www.flickr.com/photos/196555480@N08/albums

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissSophia said:

Mr Henry patiently waiting for the leftovers from Sunday lunch…Sadly out of luck as it was lamb…too rich for him…dare not risk it.  He did however get a doggy treat! 😊

Mr. Henry looks very handsome and well-deserving of doggy treats.  Nice, tasty treats!!   Is Mr. Henry a Black Lab?  A few years back we had a wonderful Black Lab, Roxie.  Below is our current housemate, Lizzie, an Aussie Labradoodle.  She will celebrate her second birthday in early November.   

image.thumb.jpeg.7adf91941f0ea907a8390b14afd91b99.jpeg

When walking Lizzie, I will sometimes run into other "pets" along our wooded ravine trails near our home.  Here is a "friend" that Lizzie and I encountered earlier this summer:  

image.thumb.jpeg.3bb6703c58f9757c8bc5daaafa1daca2.jpeg

We do not feed these deer, but they hang out our home, eat our plants, chew on bushes, etc.   These deer are cute, but make having flowers, hosta, etc., impossible.  

image.thumb.jpeg.45dad607755883818ed10df10ba982a9.jpeg

India to Singapore 2024:  Live/Blog over 22,800 views with many visuals, including for “Golden Triangle”, Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Malaysia:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992045-live-terryohio-india-to-signapore-silver-moon-rising-pix’s/

• Like 6

Thank you, @TLCOhio for all of the great travel tips! We will definitely check out the area east of Millersburg as we will be driving in from Canton. I am still recovering from yesterday’s debacle. Hoping that Notre Dame picks themselves up and can move on from here. 

17 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

Terry, Mr Henry is a Borador …his Mum being a border collie, Dad a pedigree black Labrador….he’s an absolute darling 😊

Great background for Mr. Henry.  Roxie and later Rudy were both pure-bred English Labs.  Both wonderful!!  But, Lizzie being a "mix" has its advantage, too.  As we were told, Lizzie has not just Aussie, Lab and Doodle in the mix, plus three other DNA connections.  Doing such skilled breeding brings out some very good qualities.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

Terry, Mr Henry is a Borador …his Mum being a border collie, Dad a pedigree black Labrador….he’s an absolute darling 😊

Dali was a Dalvador (Dalmation Labrador) hence the name Dalvador Dali.  She lived to the ripe old age of 17!  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TLCOhio said:

Great background for Mr. Henry.  Roxie and later Rudy were both pure-bred English Labs.  Both wonderful!!  But, Lizzie being a "mix" has its advantage, too.  As we were told, Lizzie has not just Aussie, Lab and Doodle in the mix, plus three other DNA connections.  Doing such skilled breeding brings out some very good qualities.  

“Bitzers”, “Heinz 57”, or “mixed breed” goes towards a strong, healthy dog. When I was a kid, no one had a purebred dog.  Most were called a fox terrier cross no matter what, and made wonderful family pets.

• Like 6

Mr Henry and Miss Roxie both look adorable. Collie/Lab is a wonderful mix MissSophia, makes for a lovely dog. Terry, are you braced for the terrible two’s? My Bertie is in the midst of them right now, little terror. 

IMG_5940.jpeg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Mr Henry and Miss Roxie both look adorable. Collie/Lab is a wonderful mix MissSophia, makes for a lovely dog. Terry, are you braced for the terrible two’s? My Bertie is in the midst of them right now, little terror. 

IMG_5940.jpeg

Thanks DW….your Bertie is gorgeous….

The Borador breed are a brilliant mix of intelligence and cleverness…in all fairness Mr H has been an excellent example…😊

55 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

Thanks DW….your Bertie is gorgeous….

The Borador breed are a brilliant mix of intelligence and cleverness…in all fairness Mr H has been an excellent example…😊

He's super cute MissSophia but a little b(e)ggar. He identifies as a Lion. Anything you tell him to do you get that look that implies that if he he'd two fingers... before he goes off and does completely the opposite. His condition makes him even more endearing. He's forever trying to escape and when he does manage it he actually looks like he's laughing as he skips and bounces along. What do they say about dogs and owners? We recently went to the Eglwysbach show and he scritched his belly half way around the show ground on the freshly cut dry grass having the time of his life. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Appreciate these great follow-ups, dog visuals, etc.  Fun!!  

No, sorry, we are not "braced" for the "Terrible Two's" with our Lizzie.  But, now we are properly warned. Will prepare accordingly.  

Keep it coming with the wonderful doggie video's, sharing, tips, pix's, insights, etc.  Cats??  Cute, but do they show the "love" the way a good dog can?? 

Early 2020, many visuals and details from New Zealand/South Pacific in going from Auckland to French Polynesia.  This includes Bora Bora, Fiji, NZ experiences, etc:  Live/blog:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2735732-live-terryohio-“new”-regatta-south-pacificnz-pix’s/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Thank you, @TLCOhio for all of the great travel tips! We will definitely check out the area east of Millersburg as we will be driving in from Canton. I am still recovering from yesterday’s debacle. Hoping that Notre Dame picks themselves up and can move on from here. 

Good luck Saturday to Notre Dame in traveling south to play at Purdue.  It's a long season and there are chances for recovery.  Remember the Irish Head Coach is an Ohio State product.  

As you get closer, keep me posted as to any other Ohio insights and tips that I can provide.  Happy to be of any help or connection.  

For the college football (American-style) fans at the Cooler, including Spins, here is my upcoming preview/summary:  

These are the six college football games that might merit viewing this weekend.  The first four games listed all involve unbeaten teams. 

Friday, September 13, 2024
#20 Arizona at #14 Kansas State, 8:00 pm on FOX

Saturday, September 14, 2024
#4 Alabama at Wisconsin, 12 noon on FOX
#24 Boston College at #6 Missouri, 12:45 pm on SEC Network
#9 Oregon at Oregon State, 3:30 pm on FOX

Trying to rebound Saturday after surprising early losses are: 
#16 LSU at South Carolina, 12 noon on ABC
#18 Notre Dame at Purdue, 3:30 pm on CBS

From the AP Top 25, the SEC has six of first seven spots.  Ohio State third, Penn State eighth, Miami tenth, USC 11th, Utah 12th.  Any top favorites missed?  

How many SEC, Big Ten members will make the 12-team College Play-Offs after all of the upcoming games within their highly competitive conferences and final championship games?

Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 260,674 views.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1362155-solstice-livefirst-timer-reportspix’s-italycroatian-june-7-19/