Carnival Ecstasy (interior for 5 people, Funtimes and Circle C and Club O2 activities

lelder1

Hi all, thought you might like to see how we set up our interior cabin for 5 adult size people on our Carnival Ecstasy cruise last week. Here is a link to the 4 day Funtimes and the Circle C and Club O2 activities as well. We had a fantastic time! The entertainment was amazing (the production shows are not to be missed). Gary the CD was so funny and got the party going. He taught a Scottish Dance class that was so much fun. The food was excellent and so was the service. The live music was a big hit. If you are thinking about a cruise on the Ecstasy but worry because she is small and older, don't let that stop you. It was great!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nTKcBxpjBx3Mg2vp7

840511190_CarnivalEcstasyInteriorSetupfor5people1.thumb.jpg.7f3718b0763223c738a1be1b39f11438.jpg

582392766_CarnivalEcstasyInteriorSetupfor5people2.thumb.jpg.8e3a6488ae014ee6e2f155c4993b87dc.jpg

2055322054_CarnivalEcstasyInteriorSetupfor5people3.thumb.jpg.134fcc902d7bf3a215548abb0d12ef11.jpg

Good for you. I can not imagine sharing a cabin with that many people.
Honestly, neither could we at first but we figured for a short 4 day cruise, it was worth a shot to save money. We ended up having no problems at all. Packing and unpacking required coordination and keeping the room organized was essential. But everyone got a drawer in the closet, luggage under the beds, and we kept the pull-down beds down all the time. The only thing that was difficult was there was really nowhere to sit unless it was the trundle bed or you pulled a chair or stool out from under the desk to sit (but then you were in the way if someone needed to walk by). But we were never in the room so really no issues at all.
  • Like 1

Wow, you've done me a service with this thread! Thank you for all the information! We leave on the Ecstasy on Saturday, so you did a lot to answer some questions I had lingering. Can't wait to compare pictures!
You are welcome! Have fun! Wish I could go back right now!

Hi all, thought you might like to see how we set up our interior cabin for 5 adult size people on our Carnival Ecstasy cruise last week. Here is a link to the 4 day Funtimes and the Circle C and Club O2 activities as well. We had a fantastic time! The entertainment was amazing (the production shows are not to be missed). Gary the CD was so funny and got the party going. He taught a Scottish Dance class that was so much fun. The food was excellent and so was the service. The live music was a big hit. If you are thinking about a cruise on the Ecstasy but worry because she is small and older, don't let that stop you. It was great!

We did this once. Short 4 night cruise and worked well for the teenage girls who shared the room. They only came over to use our bathroom a couple times.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information! We are cruising in February and bringing the son and his two small girls. I didn’t see the link for the Funtimes or the Circle C and Club O2 activities. Can you point me where they are? Thanks!

I have never actually seen the set up, so thank you for that. Looks like it worked out for you. That said, I think the rooms are crowded for two people. I could not even entertain the idea of three people, much less five.

When I try to see the photos, it tells me the album is empty. What am I doing wrong? My family of 5 has this same trip planned and I would love to be prepared.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing! We will be going on a cruise in May/June with 5 adult-sized people and sharing an interior room. People may think we're crazy, but our family has done 2-3 week cross-country road trips using a little pop-up camper. SO... we're used to tight quarters. We won't be in the room a lot anyway, so we figured we could survive (we're planning on sending some of us to use the spa/gym showers as others have suggested in other posts).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

MtnMommy23:  We are Pop Up campers too.  And have done 5 in a room.  It's easy, cozy and lots of fun!!!  Two adults, 3 teenagers.  You will not only 'survive' you'll have so many laughs - especially at night setting in.  Enjoy!

10 hours ago, Karilc said:

MtnMommy23:  We are Pop Up campers too.  And have done 5 in a room.  It's easy, cozy and lots of fun!!!  Two adults, 3 teenagers.  You will not only 'survive' you'll have so many laughs - especially at night setting in.  Enjoy!

Thanks, Karilc !  I love that you said, "You will not only 'survive' you'll have so many laughs."  I totally agree and plan on this!  It will be 2 adults and 3 teenagers, too.  It will also be our kids' first cruise, as well as a "last" family trip, as our oldest will have just graduated from high school.  So, we are wanting that family togetherness.  We've had so many wonderful memories made from our cross-country road trips, with everyone squished together and invading each other's space and experiencing new and wonderful things together (just typing this brings back a flood of memories and makes my heart full...).  We are looking forward to the memories that we will make on this cruise!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Karilc said:

I agree!  We have cruised over 15 times, and have always had a quad cabin. It's not that big of a deal and can be comical at times.  We also camp together, and we stayed in Amtrak sleeper cabins 3 nights earlier this summer.  Now THAT is cramped quarters!  I am tight with paying for my cabins, but I splurge on shore excursions to create wonderful adventurous vacations.

BTW, if you have ever tent camped with a family, the 5-person Carnival cabin is totally luxurious.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpcaruth said:

I agree!  We have cruised over 15 times, and have always had a quad cabin. It's not that big of a deal and can be comical at times.  We also camp together, and we stayed in Amtrak sleeper cabins 3 nights earlier this summer.  Now THAT is cramped quarters!  I am tight with paying for my cabins, but I splurge on shore excursions to create wonderful adventurous vacations.

BTW, if you have ever tent camped with a family, the 5-person Carnival cabin is totally luxurious.   

LOL, I bet a Carnival cabin would be luxurious after having tent camping experience!  :)  The Amtrak sleeper car would be so much fun!  I love - and share - your thoughts about when to be tight and when to splurge with money.  Thanks for sharing that you have cruised multiple times with 4 to a cabin and that it wasn't a big deal.  It's confirmation that we aren't being too stupid to think about attempting this...

4 hours ago, NYcruzzer said:

Great pic. Any snorers in the bunch ?

That's what I was thinking!  My lady friends and me, we could make this work and have fund doing it, but my own family, no way.  I have two in my family who snore. One wears a CPAP, so he's not a problem anymore, but the other doesn't, and I can hear him from across the hall with our bedroom doors closed. No way. 

• Haha 1

MtnMommy: It's funny because when we were first planning our first cruise, we were going to have two separate cabins... we kind of liked the idea of having our own time....  but... due to cost we didn't. I just am SO glad we opted to stay with the kids.  They are old enough that we let them be on their own most of the day (and night) and it was so much fun listening to the stories and full out laughing as we were trying to fall asleep.  The ships have curfews and a couple nights we were in bed before the teens (who were always instructed to STAY together, of course!)  Listening to them come in at 1 am, laughing and full of stories was too much fun. When they get to be older teens, you really start to realize that the days of snuggling up cozy in a small space become more and more precious as they get older and on their own. As a step-parent, I already missed out on too many of the early years, so I feel like I'm extra clued in to the reality that "it goes by fast"!  Don't second-guess your choice.  In addition to the showering in the spa -which is a great idea, we also had an informal "don't stink up the bathroom rule" LOL. Ha ha.   That may be TMI (too much information) but it really cuts down on the annoyance factor.  There are SO many public restrooms all over the ship, that it's easy enough to accommodate that "rule". As for space, Just pack light, and spend some time when you first get in the room organizing the cabin, just like you would with a Pop Up.  There really is more space than you think with the closets and drawers as well as space for toiletries in the bathroom. And suitcases fit nicely under the beds. Bring white-boards too, so that all of you can keep track of each other.  With no cell service, the old-fashioned White Boards and Dry Erase markers worked great to let everyone know who was where and where to meet up.  Have fun planning!  Our trip was a surprise Christmas Gift, which was just so much fun to give:  Excuse the small dog barking - Belle was dog-sitting and he was super excitable. 

• Like 1

StefPaints:  We are on the SAME cruise I think!  I saw your name on the roll call perhaps?  Feb 15 2019 Ecstasy?  How old are your grandkids?  My sister and a friend and her family are also traveling with us, so we have 13 people in all! How fun!  All the kids are teens except one of the girls is aged 10 so perhaps your grandkids will join her in Kids Club at some point! 

Edited by Karilc

Oh my goodness, Karilc, love the video (the little dog barking cracked me up)!  Love how the kiddos reacted to the present <3  And thanks for all of your tips - they're awesome!  I never would have thought of the "don't stink up the bathroom rule" - what a great idea!  I am SO looking forward to being able to hear my teens' conversations and laughter at the end of the day <3

• Like 1