Is Royal IQ app worth the $8.00 on The Harmony?

Yes, people have reported it working, mostly.

However, if you all have iPhones, try using iMessage without paying the extra. Some have reported that hole in the firewall is still working.

Stupid question so please forgive me.

I have an iphone.

iMessage is when i hit the green app on an iphone that says "messages" and text someone with an iphone, correct?

I ask b/c i dont want to figure this out once i get on the ship :)

thx

Stupid question so please forgive me.

I have an iphone.

iMessage is when i hit the green app on an iphone that says "messages" and text someone with an iphone, correct?

I ask b/c i dont want to figure this out once i get on the ship :)

thx

iMessages are blue.

So do you turn your data roaming off and still use imessage? I am from the UK and have to turn data roaming off in the US to avoid charges.

Even safer is to put the phone in Airplane Mode and then turn on WiFi. That way there are no charges from the cell carrier.

I haven't heard of this, but, I can text family members on the cruise through iMessage without purchasing the internet package? You guys mentioned turning on WiFi, whenever I have connected to Royals Wifi it always brings up a prompt to begin to pay for internet. How do you get it to exactly allow you to text other Iphone users?

I haven't heard of this, but, I can text family members on the cruise through iMessage without purchasing the internet package? You guys mentioned turning on WiFi, whenever I have connected to Royals Wifi it always brings up a prompt to begin to pay for internet. How do you get it to exactly allow you to text other Iphone users?

If this still works, it only works on Harmony and Quantum class ships.

Connect to the Royal WiFI service and ignore the prompt. You will have free access to Royal websites and hopefully iMessage.

If this still works, it only works on Harmony and Quantum class ships.

Connect to the Royal WiFI service and ignore the prompt. You will have free access to Royal websites and hopefully iMessage.

I guess I will have to give it a try on allure next month.

I was on Harmony last year October 2017 and iMessage worked. YouTube worked as well for me..... something I have not seen mentioned on this board.

That is mentioned in just about every thread when this issue comes up.

I don’t think I’ve read where YouTube is accessible when using the Royal IQ app. I was gonna keep that a secret to myself;p

Various different apps are being reported as working on ships which use Royal IQ - you are right though, don't remember anyone mentioning Youtube.

Yes the green message app but your out bound msgs will be in blue for iMessage and green for regular text msg to non iPhone users. Yes to data roaming off, just make sure you are connected to the ships WiFi

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even safer is to put the phone in Airplane Mode and then turn on WiFi. That way there are no charges from the cell carrier.

We are sailing on Oasis next month. DH and I both have iPhones. We will have internet, but just for one device. Both phones will be in airplane mode on the ship, and I will have wifi, DH doesn't want to bother with it.

If I am understanding correctly, I can message friends at home using imessage if I am on wifi and they have an iPhone. DH and I would not be able to message each other since we will not both have access to wifi - at least not both of us at the same time. Am I understanding this correctly? :confused:

If I am understanding correctly, I can message friends at home using imessage if I am on wifi and they have an iPhone. DH and I would not be able to message each other since we will not both have access to wifi - at least not both of us at the same time. Am I understanding this correctly? :confused:

Yes, ensure you have WiFi calling enabled and practice at home (use it in airplane mode and WiFi only). The folks at home don't need to have an iPhone - you can text anyone, just like at home. The feature where texts work over WiFi without VOOM package does not work on Oasis.