About VH Cat Cabins on Koningsdam

mcrcruiser

If you have sailed in a VH semi obstructed balcony cabin ,please tell us could you see the ocean ?

How much visibility is there in the VH balcony cabin lookin out ?

Are there better cabin numbers than others in the VH category ,for more ocean visibility ?

TIA

The tops of the lifeboats are about even with the railing, so you can see ocean, but in the words of one poster "it's impossible to get a picture without obstruction." Cabins between ends of lifeboats are probably better than others.

See photos of cabins 4052, 4061, and 4093 at http://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/ (Click on thumbnails to enlarge)

Edited by catl331

We are booked on the Koningsdam in a VH cabin and from the pictures I have seen of the ship it appears to me that no matter from what ever balcony cabin your in the lifeboats are to some degree be visible and will block some of the view. From the VH you just get a closer view of them, but it is a balcony not an inside cabin with no view at all and that is what we want. We are planning to enjoy the balcony with that thought in mind.

p.s. - The VH cabins in the forward half of the ship by the clam-shell lifeboats (4047 to 4105) are probably are better for visibility than those in the aft half by the tender-type lifeboats (4122 to 4165), which are higher.

The tops of the lifeboats are about even with the railing, so you can see ocean, but in the words of one poster "it's impossible to get a picture without obstruction." Cabins between ends of lifeboats are probably better than others.

See photos of cabins 4052, 4061, and 4093 at http://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/ (Click on thumbnails to enlarge)

Thanks your post is very helpful & thanks to every one else who replied to this thread

:)

I am the poster of the photos for cabin 4093 on the other site.... I was very happy with the minimal level of obstruction. Obviously the obstruction was worse if you were sitting, that only makes common sense, but when you were standing it wasn't as bad as what I was expecting. I would book similar again if that is all that my budget allowed for. For that cruise I was originally booked on an inside and approx. 4 days before the cruise I was offered an upgrade for a minimal amount of money (I had been trying to upgrade no matter what the cost was), so for the option of seeing daylight, being abke to get fresh air etc. it was well worth it regardless of the view. The fact that it ended up being better than what I had expected was icing on the cake so to speak.

Bottom line to me, is if your budget can only allow for an obstructed view, then don't hesitate. If you can afford more for an unobstructed, then sure that will be a nicer view. Better to cruise with a limited budget and impacted view, then to not cruise at all:D

I am the poster of the photos for cabin 4093 on the other site.... I was very happy with the minimal level of obstruction. Obviously the obstruction was worse if you were sitting, that only makes common sense, but when you were standing it wasn't as bad as what I was expecting. I would book similar again if that is all that my budget allowed for. For that cruise I was originally booked on an inside and approx. 4 days before the cruise I was offered an upgrade for a minimal amount of money (I had been trying to upgrade no matter what the cost was), so for the option of seeing daylight, being abke to get fresh air etc. it was well worth it regardless of the view. The fact that it ended up being better than what I had expected was icing on the cake so to speak.

Bottom line to me, is if your budget can only allow for an obstructed view, then don't hesitate. If you can afford more for an unobstructed, then sure that will be a nicer view. Better to cruise with a limited budget and impacted view, then to not cruise at all:D

Two minds think alike . We just needed some help deciding on the actual cabin number & today we booked a VH on Nieuw Statendam for a 14 night Caribbean in March 2019 .:p

Thanks again

• 4 years later...

We are booked into VH 4107 for our 25th Anniversary.  My wife needs an ADA cabin (progressive MS / Scooter).  Was looking at an inside as we are rarely in the cabin, but our Holland Rep got us this cabin for literally only a few dollars more.  My wife is excited for the oversized balcony.

Has anyone been in this cabin/balcony that may have some pictures?  Thanks, all!

32 minutes ago, Guardsy said:

We are booked into VH 4107 for our 25th Anniversary.  

Has anyone been in this cabin/balcony that may have some pictures?  Thanks, all!

Hi Guardsy!

There is a short discussion of the obstructed-ness of the Beethoven verandahs here:

Guardsy,

You may even upgrade further to a full unobstructed V balcony for about $25 per day per person with Club Orange. On the Koningsdam it may be worth it because Club Orange also includes a separate and smaller dining room that may be easier for your wife to access, along with other benefits like priority lines for checking in and guest services. If you just book normally the upgrade cost of a full unobstructed balcony is likely more than $25 per day.

53 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

You may even upgrade further to a full unobstructed V balcony for about $25 per day per person with Club Orange. 

Don't forget they would have to be sure there was an HC unobstructed V to switch up to. The larger covered balcony of 4107 has one end (or point) with clear views.

On 8/16/2022 at 3:15 PM, crystalspin said:

Don't forget they would have to be sure there was an HC unobstructed V to switch up to. The larger covered balcony of 4107 has one end (or point) with clear views.

Correct, we need the ADA cabin.  When I looked at just the deck layout, I could see that the balcony was oversized, so that did it for us.  

• Like 1