Unlimited Beverage Package and $15 Limit

cruisin'sz

I assume most of the drinks are under the $15 limit - is that correct?

I don't recall ever seeing drinks over that price - has that changed, now that there is a limit in place?

What drinks would be excluded (other than bottles of wine/champagne)?

The package covers the first $15 of the drink price. You pay for anything over $15 (plus gratuity on the difference). Some martinis and premium liquor will exceed. See bar menu on this link. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55866369&postcount=162

Does not include Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Going with BirdTravels drink price list

Super Premium would be

1.95+ 20% ( 39 cents)= $2.34 extra

Chocolate Martini's were 17.95 in 2016

2.95 + 20% (. 59 cents)= $ 3.54

For me I'm willing to spend another $25.00 for the week to have a chocolate Martini every night.

Great to have OBC just for that reason.

Going with BirdTravels drink price list

Super Premium would be

1.95+ 20% ( 39 cents)= $2.34 extra

Chocolate Martini's were 17.95 in 2016

2.95 + 20% (. 59 cents)= $ 3.54

For me I'm willing to spend another $25.00 for the week to have a chocolate Martini every night.

Great to have OBC just for that reason.

Ok, well I will admit I am an idiot :o I wanted to try one of the key lime pie martini's but they made it sound like it would be the full price so I declined and went with a different one instead. I will say the bartenders on the Pearl were excellent and I truly enjoyed that Martini bar.

The package covers the first $15 of the drink price. You pay for anything over $15 (plus gratuity on the difference). Some martinis and premium liquor will exceed. See bar menu on this link. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55866369&postcount=162

Does not include Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

This means all Martini's are over $ 15.00 and you then pay just the amount over $ 15 plus tip ?

They don't even list them on the bar menu shown on your link.

Also you cannot sit and order ANY drink at the Ice Bar with Beverage Plan ?

This means all Martini's are over $ 15.00 and you then pay just the amount over $ 15 plus tip ?

No, just Specialty Martini's. A regular Gin or Vodka Martini is included.

Pretty sure the Ice Bar includes 1 drink with the admission.

From the link above, and experience, Grey Goose Vodka Martini's are included in UBP. Flavored Grey Goose is not. None of the mixed drinks priced over $15 are worth the cost if you do not have the UBP to pay for the first $15. There is almost always an option under $15 for every drink on the menu just ask them. For example, the can make a Dark and Stormy they just use a different rum. Unlike your neighborhood chain restaurant menu you'll find prices on almost everything except Ultra Premium. Every class of alcohol has a brand priced over $15 for no rhyme or reason. Your job is to avoid it because there are brands just as good quality for under $15. Some of the specialty drinks listed on the menus use these $15+ brands in order to fool the inexperienced or lazy into paying the extra $2 or $3. Just ask for a lesser priced (same quality) brand or simply ask for a version priced under $15. From memory I think the chocolate martini they came up with under $15 did not taste very good.

As a newbie to NCL, and with regards to the UBP, are mixers included in the price e.g. G&T? From the link kindly provided in an earlier reply it lists Bombay Sapphire as $9.95, does that include tonic?

On the topic of tonic water, does NCL stock low calorie (slim line as we call here in the U.K.) tonic?

I ordered a Knob Creek on the rocks on the Escape a couple years ago. it was $22.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Crazy when Knob Creek runs $10 or so anywhere on land! Ncl definitely lacks decent bourbon in the UBP.... the only included one on my last cruise was Bulleit. Tried it and opted to pay the difference for Bookers or Knob Creek the rest of the cruise! For people who just want fruity cocktails UBP is great.

As a newbie to NCL, and with regards to the UBP, are mixers included in the price e.g. G&T? From the link kindly provided in an earlier reply it lists Bombay Sapphire as $9.95, does that include tonic?

On the topic of tonic water, does NCL stock low calorie (slim line as we call here in the U.K.) tonic?

Yes...it includes mixers. Hendricks is more than $15 but Sapphire is safely under the $15 limit. I have not seen diet tonic available. I ask them to use half tonic and half soda.

My last cruise was our first with UBP and I had several martini's through out the cruise and none were over $15.

On Celebrity Infinity with their UDP, a table mate wanted a green apple martini, but it was over the price included, so she asked them to just make less and give her $[whatever was included ] worth of the drink. Bartender did and got 20% tip based whatever the max. UDP cost was. Both were happy. Anyone tried asking for 1/2 a shot of the $30 tequila on NCL?

So, if bar menu posted (thank you!) is current, then Gosling's is well under the $15 line. Then why is a Dark and Stormy $17.95?

So, if bar menu posted (thank you!) is current, then Gosling's is well under the $15 line. Then why is a Dark and Stormy $17.95?

The Dark and Stormy is something NCL lowered the cost of recently. :eek:

The Dark and Stormy is something NCL lowered the cost of recently. :eek:

THANK YOU! It's difficult to ascertain the prices of anything...or what's happening from dailies or what's on current menus since all these things are posted undated in so many places. Very frustrating. But the lower price on our favorite drink is great news!

plenty under the limit.

my biggest beef remains with the fact that Plain Grey Goose is under the limit, but the flavored Grey Goose is over. Stupid, as they are hte same price in the liquor store. I so wish NCL would change this!!!!!

plenty under the limit.

my biggest beef remains with the fact that Plain Grey Goose is under the limit, but the flavored Grey Goose is over. Stupid, as they are hte same price in the liquor store. I so wish NCL would change this!!!!!

Totally agree, that doesn't make sense at all. But I'm good with Grey Goose Dirty Martini's.

I'll survive😂😂😂😂😂