What is considered acceptable dinner attire for formal nights on Koningsdam?

CLOTHING

Most evenings smart casual attire is appropriate. Shorts, pool/beachwear, distressed jeans and men’s tank tops are best left to the daytime and are not permitted in fine dining restaurants.

Gala Nights evoke the grand traditions of cruising as guests dress to impress for special events on board, including a five-course gourmet dinner in the Dining Room. For gentlemen, collared shirt and slacks are required in all fine dining restaurants . For ladies, dressy attire is appropriate, dresses skirts and slacks are all acceptable.

Can someone please give me some idea of what is considered appropriate dinner attire for the formal nights on the Koningsdam? We will be traveling an additional 11 days outside of the 10 day Rome to Rome cruise and are trying to minimize our luggage. Thanks!

Read the pamphlet on line entitled “Know Before You Go”. It explains everything in there and you should be able to decide for yourself what is appropriate for you. No need to stir up another dress code controversy on CC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Read the pamphlet on line entitled “Know Before You Go”. It explains everything in there and you should be able to decide for yourself what is appropriate for you. No need to stir up another dress code controversy on CC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My bad. That's the cut and paste in post 2, but I forgot the attribution.

I am doing a 10 day Rome to Rome and will be taking a light blazer/jacket to wear over an open neck shirt. I will also have a tie to wear with a regular shirt (no jacket) on second night This is what I have worn on pervious Koningsdam Med cruises and fits in with HAL's dress code. (It also fits into my 20kg weight limit on airline!!)

And this is not a flame, but just a gentle suggestion to help you to better utilize the features of the CC forum...since I see you're new here.

Learn to use the search function. Almost any question you can come up with has probably already been addressed on this forum. I've been here 8 years and still use the search function extensively.

Disclaimer for pedants, trolls and the like: Please note that I have underlined the words "almost" and "probably" in the preceding paragraph.

And this is not a flame, but just a gentle suggestion to help you to better utilize the features of the CC forum...since I see you're new here.

Learn to use the search function. Almost any question you can come up with has probably already been addressed on this forum. I've been here 8 years and still use the search function extensively.

Disclaimer for pedants, trolls and the like: Please note that I have underlined the words "almost" and "probably" in the preceding paragraph.

So sorry! I'm new to the website and haven't quite figured it out. Surely didn't mean to cause any controversy over dress code. We've traveled to Europe on multiple occasions and know that anything goes. However, this is only our second cruise so just not sure what to expect.

CLOTHING

Most evenings smart casual attire is appropriate. Shorts, pool/beachwear, distressed jeans and men’s tank tops are best left to the daytime and are not permitted in fine dining restaurants.

Gala Nights evoke the grand traditions of cruising as guests dress to impress for special events on board, including a five-course gourmet dinner in the Dining Room. For gentlemen, collared shirt and slacks are required in all fine dining restaurants . For ladies, dressy attire is appropriate, dresses skirts and slacks are all acceptable.

Thank you very much for sharing the information!

I am doing a 10 day Rome to Rome and will be taking a light blazer/jacket to wear over an open neck shirt. I will also have a tie to wear with a regular shirt (no jacket) on second night This is what I have worn on pervious Koningsdam Med cruises and fits in with HAL's dress code. (It also fits into my 20kg weight limit on airline!!)

Perfect! We'll see what we can squeeze into the luggage. Thanks much!

So sorry! I'm new to the website and haven't quite figured it out. Surely didn't mean to cause any controversy over dress code. We've traveled to Europe on multiple occasions and know that anything goes. However, this is only our second cruise so just not sure what to expect.

Totally understandable. I am sure you will be just fine. (y)

Have a lovely cruise :D

No apology necessary. You did nothing wrong. My post was NOT criticism, just trying to be helpful to a new CC member. Have a great cruise!