Sunny Side of the Ship on November TA??

DTW Cruiser

My husband and I are considering taking a TA in early November and are wondering which side of the ship to book. On our last (and only) eastbound TA from Barcelona, which was in early October, we had a Portside balcony and found it too hot to enjoy in the afternoon. Will the sun still be on the same side of the ship in early November? Should we consider a Starboard balcony this time??

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience and advice!

Elaine

You did an eastbound TA from Barcelona in October? Wouldn't that be a westbound?

If it is westbound, it is easy to figure the sun will be on the port (left) side of the ship, so if you don't want sun, you would want to be on the starboard (right) side of the ship.

Yes, you are correct! It was a westbound! Sorry for my error!

We are torn because we wonder if we’ll miss the sunsets on the Starboard side of the ship. On the Caribe Deck, half of our balcony would be covered so wonder if that would give us a little shade on the Portside? Any thoughts??

I'm on a westbound in November '19 actually starting in Rome at the end of October and on for 25 days to FLL. I also have Caribe portside balcony and deliberately chose it. The weather could never be too hot for me at that time of year. Then again, I see you are from Michigan and I'm from South Florida. That might make a difference.

I'm on a westbound in November '19 actually starting in Rome at the end of October and on for 25 days to FLL. I also have Caribe portside balcony and deliberately chose it. The weather could never be too hot for me at that time of year. Then again, I see you are from Michigan and I'm from South Florida. That might make a difference.

Thank you for your input, Pia! I value your opinion as I read many of your comments on the Princess Boards when I joined CC!

We have always booked Portside cabins, but were surprised when our balcony was so hot on our last TA. It was not a Caribe balcony. We think the covered area will help, but had to wonder if Starboard would be more comfortable. I think your words “deliberately chose” gave us our answer!

Thank you again!

Elaine

Easy. In November the sun is always south when you are in the Northern Hemisphere. Therefore, on a westbound sailing the sun will be on the port side most of the trip.

Thank you! We weren’t even sure how to “google” that info! Pathetic, I know! 😂😂

Elaine