First timer questions

teamflames

We have sailed 140 nights with Seabourn and have never experienced an upsell offer. The included spirits and beer are top shelf...better than we drink at home. We could not ask for better. We know there are wines which are available at extra cost, but we’ve never been asked to order them, and find the included wines perfectly enjoyable.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies!  That sounds more like what I have been seeing related to SB.  I keep leaning more and more towards that first SB cruise.  I'll have to actually purchase passage one of these days.

See what you think of this 11 nights Trans Xing Generali Insurance (Formerly CSA) $348.00          
Seabourn Odyssey Cruise Fare $4,598.00          
  Government Taxes $180.00          
  Air $1,695.94          
  Generali Insurance (Formerly CSA) $134.00          
            Total Paid: $6,955.94
  Total Charges: $6,955.94       Balance Due: $0.00
  Grand Total: $6,955.

Apr 06American1826San Francisco, CA (SFO)12:34am8:31amCharlotte, NC (                                        Apr 06American526Charlotte, NC (CLT)9:55am2:45pmBarbados (BGI)EconomyUnknown

Apr 17United167Lisbon, Portugal (LIS)12:15pm3:30pmWashington (Dulles), DC (IAD)EconomyUnknown

Apr 17United340Washington (Dulles), DC (IAD)5:40pm8:31pmSan Francisco, CA (SFO)EconomyUnknown

Edited by iamkingofall

1 minute ago, teamflames said:

I think you have made an error?? That seems to be a lot of personal information 

1 minute ago, teamflames said:

I think you have made an error?? That seems to be a lot of personal information 

Yeah I just edited it .Thanks for not quoting

15 minutes ago, teamflames said:

I have only done one SB cruise but that sounds like a good price. It doesn’t have any real stops (which I don’t mind when I am trying a luxury line).

15 minutes ago, teamflames said:

I have only done one SB cruise but that sounds like a good price. It doesn’t have any real stops (which I don’t mind when I am trying a luxury line).

First one for us  .Always looked pricey .It's really a re positioning of sorts .We were looking at something on Oceania and saw this one .Tips , grog included . And  I've been snooping on another site .It looks to only be half full from what I can see . And a bunch of higher category cabins still there .We are on a guarantee . So I think we should get something good . Seabourn Odyssey  Apr. 6 Take a look if you can make it . Funchal is a great stop .

Edited by iamkingofall

5 minutes ago, iamkingofall said:

Neither have I .Always looked pricey .It's really a re positioning of sorts .We were looking at something on Oceania and saw this one .Tips , grog included . And  I've been snooping on another site .It looks to only be half full from what I can see . And a bunch of higher category cabins still there .We are on a guarantee . Seabourn Odyssey  Apr. 6 Take a look if you can make it . Funchal is a great stop .

We sailed the Ovation, I posted a link to my review earlier in the thread. Great cabins, good food, good service, caviar on demand is awesome. We have also been to Funchal, very nice place.

We can’t do this one as we are about to do 28 days on Azamara ... funnily enough to Lisbon as well.

we have tried Seabourn, Viking and Crystal in the last couple of months, all great ... for our personal needs and preferences Crystal is the best fit but at the right price would happily sail any of them. Have a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

Yes, as Tilly  says.  Aim to arrive at or just before 12, unless there are problems they will start boarding then,  take your hand baggage with you up to the Colonnade restaurant, where normally staff will put it in a side room for you, and saunter in and sit outside if the weather is suitable,  accept a glass of wine as soon as offered, and then choose or order your lunch.  Enjoy!

Your suite will probably be ready at 2.

Just a quick word of warning on Norwegian, which was mentioned earlier in this thread. There is a lot of speculation right now in processional aviation forums that they may go out of business soon (unless they are bought / rescued by another airline).  The same type of speculation on Wow Air and Jet Airways proved to be correct, so be careful - always have a back up plan. 

Edited by florisdekort

18 hours ago, florisdekort said:

Just a quick word of warning on Norwegian, which was mentioned earlier in this thread. There is a lot of speculation right now in processional aviation forums that they may go out of business soon (unless they are bought / rescued by another airline).  

We were just at the Freddie Awards on Thursday night where they picked up European program of the Year for the third year straight.  I heard a lot of speculation there from others that they are heavily courting investors/purchasers.  

I personally won’t fly them but I’d hate to see people get stranded like what happened with Wow and hope they find a long-term solution as players like them help keep fare deals coming from the majors and they do apparently have a loyal audience that loves flying them!