Cruise Hacks

Nikkiw60, is it possible to have the amazon link please ? Thanks

Envoyé de mon LG-H870 en utilisant Tapatalk

The one we got is showing as out of stock but these ones are similar sorry it’s a screenshot and not a link.b3edaaa15b095b64df11907cce8c56af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we bring a large laundry bag for storing dirties. we bring a power strip for extra outlets (seems to be that some have these confiscated, we never have). i like to bring a travel pack of bleach wipes for giving everything the once over and periodically doing doorknobs during the week to help ward off norovirus. otherwise, we dont find we really need to bring anythign extra. storage is never an issue for us since there is only ever 2 of us in the cabin.

You do realize that those wipes have absolutely ZERO impact on any VIRUS right?

we bring a large laundry bag for storing dirties. we bring a power strip for extra outlets (seems to be that some have these confiscated, we never have). i like to bring a travel pack of bleach wipes for giving everything the once over and periodically doing doorknobs during the week to help ward off norovirus. otherwise, we dont find we really need to bring anythign extra. storage is never an issue for us since there is only ever 2 of us in the cabin.

We bought the bags noted below for our dirty laundry items so they do not take up as much room in the suitcases. This way we have more room for souvenirs!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07445ZPYF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Speaking of room service, treat yourself to your first cup of coffee, glass of juice and basket of pastries in your room. We call it first breakfast...it is a lovely way to start your day. The continental breakfast menu is free.

Ha! That's what we call it too! Then we always do MDR, cafe, or O'Sheehans for "second breakfast". But the free room service coffee and pastries is so nice for having a little lazy time on the balcony before getting showered and out the door!

As for my tip, I sailed on the Escape in February and discovered there are no drawers in the closet in the balcony rooms, just open shelves. So this time (going again in October) I am bring some of those collapsible cloth storage cubes to serve as drawers for small items like socks, underwear, and bras. I got three 11"x11"x8" ones from the dollar store. Since they collapse down to be flat and thin, it will be easy to fit them into my luggage.

OT6fksBVIEivcJY0AYTaKzTRgepEqAUqRrfmTeWYnfkFyJe9vOVZd9QZ1JQYSOsCH0mkWYqzNRObiB0EJP-SShi9BEGOwjirNSWVb9EyRTP8NF1BReIEHzs627LvCxxErs5mLRMvig=w2400

Edited by JamieLogical

I didn’t know magnets affected car keys but I do know that they will mess up your room sail and sign card. I have a purse with a magnetic closure and it kept on messing up my card and causing it to be unable to open the room door. I now wear my sail and sign card on a lanyard around my neck so that it does not become demagnetized.

Keep any magnets away from a Laptop with a conventional type of spinning hard drive. The strong ones could fry it. Magnets use for hanging things should be keep away from any type of electronic device. Soild state drives such as thumb drives etc.... should be fine

Didn't read the whole thread but may have been posted....easy hack for dirty clothes, just put in suitcase that is stored under your bed. As one fills up, push it out of the way, then move another to be filled. We use this method with our family of 5 and never have issues with dirty laundry around the cabin, plus quicker to pack on the last night before we go....all the dirty clothes are already in a suitcase.....

I see this a lot, but I didn't have good luck with it on our cruise last year. (Carnival Ecstasy) I bought heavy duty magnetic hooks. They stuck to the wall just fine until I tried to use it. Then it slid down the wall.

I wasn't even hanging something heavy. A lightweight sweater, I believe. It was very disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Forums mobile app

Here's a tip for the magnets, put them on the ceiling if you can. If you put them on the wall gravity is working against you. The pull on the magnet is toward the wall, and gravity is pulling down. It makes little difference how strong the magnet is since it's pull and hold ability is in a different direction than the weight you put on it.

Keep any magnets away from a Laptop with a conventional type of spinning hard drive. The strong ones could fry it. Magnets use for hanging things should be keep away from any type of electronic device. Soild state drives such as thumb drives etc.... should be fine

I haven't see a magnetic storage hard drive in about 15 years. Digital storage media, that is common in everything but credit cards and similar won't be effected by magnetic field.

No one ever mentioned alcohol or bleach.

Funny the very post you responded to, mention's bleach wipes. Which contain bleach.

I see this a lot, but I didn't have good luck with it on our cruise last year. (Carnival Ecstasy) I bought heavy duty magnetic hooks. They stuck to the wall just fine until I tried to use it. Then it slid down the wall.

I wasn't even hanging something heavy. A lightweight sweater, I believe. It was very disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Forums mobile app

I have yet to find any that hold anything beyond our lanyards or light jackets.

What? You might want to read this, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK214356/. Seems that bleach is a better disinfectant than alcohol. But heck don't let science get in the way of what you think.

Climate change... just sayin’. Science is the new boogie man, the facts aren’t fact, up is down. But I always take the disinfectant wipes too and will continue 🙃🙂

No one ever mentioned alcohol or bleach.

RD28P5 said she brings bleach wipes to kill noro virus on surfaces to which you said that wipes wont kill viruses and she said yes the bleach wipes will. I am a physician and RD28P5 is correct that bleach can kill viruses but while some noro virus is spread by fomites (surface of objects), much is spread hand to hand and the alcohol solution at dinning room entries is not effective at killing noro. Washing with soap and water would be helpful but they can’t very well place a sink with hot water and Disinfectant soap at the entrance to every dining room! We can only hope that everybody on board washes their hands thoroughly with soap and hot water every time they visit the restroom and before every meal.

RD28P5 said she brings bleach wipes to kill noro virus on surfaces to which you said that wipes wont kill viruses and she said yes the bleach wipes will. I am a physician and RD28P5 is correct that bleach can kill viruses but while some noro virus is spread by fomites (surface of objects), much is spread hand to hand and the alcohol solution at dinning room entries is not effective at killing noro. Washing with soap and water would be helpful but they can’t very well place a sink with hot water and Disinfectant soap at the entrance to every dining room! We can only hope that everybody on board washes their hands thoroughly with soap and hot water every time they visit the restroom and before every meal.

The last “new” ship I was on had sinks at least at the buffet entrance. I’m a med tech and I always wash well in the cabin and don’t touch anything while heading to a meal. I’m a pro at pushing buttons with an elbow, lol.