en Encore

rols

Luke was on Sojourn at Christmas. and was a superb asset to the TK Grill. Good to know that he's been promoted*, it's well deserved.

*I don't mean promoted in the correct sense, I mean promoted as in moved to the bigger ship. I see that as a move up, given the difference in size between the TK Grills on the O class ships and the new ones.

I'm rambling....:o

Yes he was with us on Sojourn at Christmas

The larger TK grill on the Encore works much better than on the smaller ships and it makes Luke stand out as you see him move around the room and oversee every table.

We had dinner with Bozi the Hotel Director last night in the dining room another great Seabourn asset who is passionate about his work, always good to see him.

Food excellent and service top notch.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

Luke did a great job on Sojourn over Christmas in TK.

As you say Mr L the TK restaurant on Encore works very well in terms of size, the bar and so on. We were particularly fortunate in having Katy Shotter on piano and vocals, a huge talent. The increased capacity relieves a bit of pressure on reservations. There is still a danger everyone wants to eat on the same night or leaves it too late to make a booking particularly on short cruises.

I know it's hard work and you make it look easy but try to keep your pecker up throughout what must be a hard and demanding ordeal :)

Henry :)

Plenty of room for sun bathing in fact we are the only two on the sun terrace deck twelve[ATTACH]426967[/ATTACH]

You’re very brave; it was mercilessly hot even in the shadiest shade we could find by the pool. You could have fried eggs up on the sun deck.

Mr Luxury,

Not a soul in the Edsel Suite? Even though they are probably discounting it from $350/day to something in the mid-$200s as they have on other cruises? How can that be? I guess I better reread the marketing brochure to see what all the punters are missing. Maybe they need to

be educated about the corporate vision and what elite people need to fulfill their dreams (or some such tosh).

And about the forward part of deck 12. I often wonder about those Dover soles grilling up there and elsewhere on the ship. Even if olive oil, capers, lemon and parsley were on offer to slather on. I can't say I have ever wanted to join in.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Hello Markham

Not a sole or a flounder to be seen.

I did meet a couple on embarkation that were offered the Edsel for $150 for the day before they arrived and took up the offer.

They have not been seen again.

Docked in Ajaccio getting myself awake with a Seabourn square coffee

The day can only get better

With port intensive Med cruises you are often afforded a pretty empty pool deck should you choose to stay aboard.

Even on the busiest days we have always found a quiet spot with or without shade. I'm happy to go for a wander if I fancy a drink. Worst case you could pick up a phone and order one in more remote locations but we aren't that demanding :)

Enjoy your day. Did an 80km bike ride to Whitstable yesterday so in recovery mode by the pool today trying to shake off the effects of the oysters ;)

This has been an interesting thread for us. We board the Encore on the 25th, just a few days. This is our first Seabourn. We do Silversea the majority of the time but have decided to branch out and try a few different lines. Will be curious to see how it compares to SS. I would imagine they will be more alike than different, such as excellent service, food, excursions, rooms etc.. I’m anxious to check out the ship layout to see what SB does different than SS.

This has been an interesting thread for us. We board the Encore on the 25th, just a few days. This is our first Seabourn. We do Silversea the majority of the time but have decided to branch out and try a few different lines. Will be curious to see how it compares to SS. I would imagine they will be more alike than different, such as excellent service, food, excursions, rooms etc.. I’m anxious to check out the ship layout to see what SB does different than SS.

Tarwood....we are sailing SS Muse next year.....but had the pleasure of sailing on Encore this past May, Athens to Barcelona. We truly loved the Encore and hope to sail her again. She is a beauty. Likewise, we are very interested in how they compare, but our TA feels they are very much alike in most approaches to service etc. She gets excellent feedback on both. I do see some small differences.....extra charge on Muse for the finer dinning venues along with the need for reservations at all restaurants. On Encore, no reservations needed except for TK Grill but no upcharge for dinning there. I think you will love the Encore....happy sailing! As an aside, I noticed on your signature that you have a few Celebrity Cruises noted for the future. My TA is a very big fan of that line & encouraging us to try them. She is previewing The Edge in November. Would love your insights......might have to meet on another board to discuss.

Edited by cece50

You are always welcome.

Bring some of the crew over and we'll all have a relaxing day. It will be cheaper than letting the girls loose in the shops :)

Tell W there is never a better time to buy that special trinket than Monaco. The joy of the sparkle continues long after the memory of the credit card bill fades away...... :)

Thankfully you can't do much damage at Argos in Sittingbourne :) :)

You are always welcome.

Bring some of the crew over and we'll all have a relaxing day. It will be cheaper than letting the girls loose in the shops :)

Tell W there is never a better time to buy that special trinket than Monaco. The joy of the sparkle continues long after the memory of the credit card bill fades away...... :)

Thankfully you can't do much damage at Argos in Sittingbourne :) :)

St Tropez was where the damage was done I’m afraid.

Just enough left for a croissant and a coffee.

Just a word of warning,don’t stop at red traffic lights in Sittingbourne although I understand your desire to get S a trinket from Elizabeth Duke in Argos

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good to see that Able Seaman H has moored his yacht in Monaco this morning

Can I come aboard Captain [ATTACH]427077[/ATTACH]

Funny, I had the same view at breakfast this morning. Deck 8 under the colonnade continues to be quite the oasis of calm of a morning whilst the colonnade proper is somewhat busy.

Funny, I had the same view at breakfast this morning. Deck 8 under the colonnade continues to be quite the oasis of calm of a morning whilst the colonnade proper is somewhat busy.

The food and beverage manager was wondering who was drinking all the smoothies.

St Tropez was where the damage was done I’m afraid.

Just enough left for a croissant and a coffee.

Just a word of warning,don’t stop at red traffic lights in Sittingbourne although I understand your desire to get S a trinket from Elizabeth Duke in Argos

Either that or the shopping channel :)

Have fun everyone. Monaco is a great place to wander round. Picked up Sojourn from there a couple of years ago.

ECni035zTeM

:)

Tarwood....we are sailing SS Muse next year.....but had the pleasure of sailing on Encore this past May, Athens to Barcelona. We truly loved the Encore and hope to sail her again. She is a beauty. Likewise, we are very interested in how they compare, but our TA feels they are very much alike in most approaches to service etc. She gets excellent feedback on both. I do see some small differences.....extra charge on Muse for the finer dinning venues along with the need for reservations at all restaurants. On Encore, no reservations needed except for TK Grill but no upcharge for dinning there. I think you will love the Encore....happy sailing! As an aside, I noticed on your signature that you have a few Celebrity Cruises noted for the future. My TA is a very big fan of that line & encouraging us to try them. She is previewing The Edge in November. Would love your insights......might have to meet on another board to discuss.

Hi CeCe...we have done most of the Silversea ships with the exception of the Muse which as you probably know is the newest and very different from the others , not only in design but in the restaurant situation. We are booked on the Muse in November for Vietnam, so I can let you know what I think afterwards. We have done a couple Celebrity trips, in suite class and they have been great cruises. Even the smalllest suite, the Sky Suite is very spacious , service has been exceptional and beautiful ships so I do highly recommend them as well. We like changing things up ...so we have been enjoying experiencing some different types of cruising. Travel is about the adventure and variety is the spice of life!

Hi CeCe...we have done most of the Silversea ships with the exception of the Muse which as you probably know is the newest and very different from the others , not only in design but in the restaurant situation. We are booked on the Muse in November for Vietnam, so I can let you know what I think afterwards. We have done a couple Celebrity trips, in suite class and they have been great cruises. Even the smalllest suite, the Sky Suite is very spacious , service has been exceptional and beautiful ships so I do highly recommend them as well. We like changing things up ...so we have been enjoying experiencing some different types of cruising. Travel is about the adventure and variety is the spice of life!

Hi Gary....look forward to your thoughts on the Muse. We sail her early Dec 2019 Sydney to Auckland. Back in time to meet the family on our Gulf Coast in Naples.....noted that you are in Sarasota.....love that area. Love your future cruise bookings.....you guys are amazing.....my heros. Trying desperately to get my husband to commit to at least one more next year. We will be looking at Celebrity very closely. It looks amazing & I am sure it is booking rapidly. I agree....travel is about adventure.....we travel quite a bit but are relatively new to cruising. We are both hooked.....more to come!

We've just left Rome, after a super ship-organised excursion which was long but lovely; to darker seas than we've had yet. Tomorrow's tender port has been cancelled and replaced with a return visit to Ajaccio. That's a fairly protected port and a dock not a tender so if the winds are getting up, makes sense. Looking at the pressure charts I can't quite see where the weather is coming from but if the forecasts are for nasty I'm happy to be out of it.

500/600 turned around today so we have to form a new trivia group tomorrow. Things have picked up a lot since the first day, I'd still say we prefer the O class, it really is a perfect size. Seabourn almost makes it work on this size ship but they've not quite got the kinks out yet. I'll write a proper review when we're home in a week.

We were certainly very happy not to be amongst the group going home today, and it was quite fun to be cocooned in our usual spot on the couches on the pool deck when everyone returned from lifeboat drill.