Michelin Star restaurants in Barcelona

Fogfog

So we are gong to spend a few days in Barcelona after the cruise

Anyone familiar with the Michelin Star restaurants? I am particularly interested in 1 star standouts..

the ones we folks can afford--which afford us exceptional meals

When looking online I find several 1 star... thoughts?

I can't recommend anything specifically

If you are into this sort of selection check out a recent conde nast travel magazine article on the 30 best restauranats in BARCA in their and their reader's opinions (maybe February or March 2018) it was available on line - all are what I consider high end with higher cost.

Anyone familiar with the Michelin Star restaurants? I am particularly interested in 1 star standouts..

We ate at TICKETS a couple of years ago. It's owned by the Adria brothers who owned El Bulli (thought to be the best restaurant in the world before they closed it). Our cruise next summer ends in Barcelona. We am planning to go back.

It's tapas, so you pay by the dish. We didn't find it to be expensive at all. Food was ingenious, fabulous and fun. It's a pretty relaxed space. The waiters are very helpful. We let them choose for our table of 5. Highly recommend.

here is a link to the web site http://www.ticketsbar.es/en

You can book your table online. You might find this link helpful on navigating the booking site

https://theculinarytravelguide.com/tickets-barcelona/

Barca is the familiar abbreviation for FC Barcelona - the football team. The city is known as Barcelona and is never abbreviated. Mention Barca and it refers to the football team only.

Exactly - it is considered impolite to refer to the city as Barca.

I fully understand you wanting 'fine dining' Fogfog - but personally we think you get a much truer taste of Barcelona eating in less pretentious establishments. I do agree with gingerspike that 'Tickets' is worth considering though.

We ate at TICKETS a couple of years ago. It's owned by the Adria brothers who owned El Bulli (thought to be the best restaurant in the world before they closed it). Our cruise next summer ends in Barcelona. We am planning to go back.

It's tapas, so you pay by the dish. We didn't find it to be expensive at all. Food was ingenious, fabulous and fun. It's a pretty relaxed space. The waiters are very helpful. We let them choose for our table of 5. Highly recommend.

here is a link to the web site http://www.ticketsbar.es/en

You can book your table online. You might find this link helpful on navigating the booking site

https://theculinarytravelguide.com/tickets-barcelona/

Thank you so much. We will take a look. When we have an opportunity to eat at a 1 star--we will look for them (budget dependent)

• 4 months later...
On 8/27/2018 at 9:31 AM, campolady said:

Exactly - it is considered impolite to refer to the city as Barca.

I fully understand you wanting 'fine dining' Fogfog - but personally we think you get a much truer taste of Barcelona eating in less pretentious establishments. I do agree with gingerspike that 'Tickets' is worth considering though.

Hello Camplady!

We are taking your advice re Malaga and staying in town that day.

I looked at Tickets online and we will consider it -- The molecular gastronomy is appealing -however some reviewers didn't like the service. The atmosphere doesn't look charming/cozy.  

I am thinking if we have a larger/relaxed lunch that a smaller tapas i the evening may suffice.  We prefer to not be eating at 9/10pm 

Would it be difficult to find tapas/dinner at 7 or 8 in Barcelona?

Best. 

fog