Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

4 hours ago, HunEBear said:

That is wonderful news - so glad you received your paperwork.  I will check the porch later today as our FedEx deliveries usually come around 5.  

Any luck HunE?  Did the paperwork arrive?

Our box hasn't arrived yet even at out TAs but we have another week.  The good news is our labels for shipping the suitcases did arrive and so passport copies are produced and the other requirements done.  We are relieved at that. They arrived 6.00pm Friday and the luggage is to be collected Monday morning. Phew!

• Like 1

Excellent news Lifesgreat and Turtle!  Stress levels seem to be dropping.  Hope others are faring well.  It does seem like my eyes might be bigger than our suitcases at this point.  A severe edit might be required.  

17 minutes ago, mysty said:

Excellent news Lifesgreat and Turtle!  Stress levels seem to be dropping.  Hope others are faring well.  It does seem like my eyes might be bigger than our suitcases at this point.  A severe edit might be required.  

You are not taking as much as you thought?  If so, just load in more!

13 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

You are not taking as much as you thought?  If so, just load in more!

Still a work in progress Turtle.  🙂  I'm trying to distribute clothing for each of us for each category (casual, informal, formal) into each of the 4 suitcases.  A logistics exercise.  Of course my share of the clothing is substantially more than Myster's.  I get bored more quickly than he does.  Ha Ha!

1 minute ago, mysty said:

Still a work in progress Turtle.  🙂  I'm trying to distribute clothing for each of us for each category (casual, informal, formal) into each of the 4 suitcases.  A logistics exercise.  Of course my share of the clothing is substantially more than Myster's.  I get bored more quickly than he does.  Ha Ha!

My approach is to grab it off the hanger or out of the drawer and throw it in!  The negatives of this approach will be revealed when you see what we wear!

I'm fairly certain that Mrs Turtle has a different approach to yours Turtle!  🙂  As I mentioned Myster stands about 6'3".  He may be able to help you out as he takes an approach comparable to mine (because I do the packing Ha Ha).

1 minute ago, mysty said:

I'm fairly certain that Mrs Turtle has a different approach to yours Turtle!  🙂  As I mentioned Myster stands about 6'3".  He may be able to help you out as he takes an approach comparable to mine (because I do the packing Ha Ha).

There is no Mrs Turtle mysty. There is a Turtle2. 🙂 And I am under 6 ft so Myster's wardrobe is probably safe!  Seriously, I've come to the realization that given that storage is limited some things (like socks and underwear and T shirts etc) will probably have to be replaced as we go along.

16 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

There is no Mrs Turtle mysty. There is a Turtle2. 🙂 And I am under 6 ft so Myster's wardrobe is probably safe!  Seriously, I've come to the realization that given that storage is limited some things (like socks and underwear and T shirts etc) will probably have to be replaced as we go along.

So sorry Turtle!  That was a nasty assumption on my part!  :classic_blush:  We do stop in your lovely country in February should you need to restock.  🙂  On the last go we had no real issues with storage in the suite.  With any luck they haven't messed about with that in the refit.

• Like 1

A significant cyclone in the waters we'll sail through is affecting North Queensland at the moment.  http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml  It will affect Cairns, as a tropical low, in the next few days.  That means no real damage in Cairns but a lot of rain.  We lived in Cairns for 20 years and got used to such things but it is worth bearing in mind that cyclones are possibilities when we visit in February. Fingers crossed!

• Thanks 1

WOW Turtle....that kind of weather possibility was not on my radar at all!  Our last visit to Cairns in 2016 was sunny and STEAMY!  We walked from the train station to the ship and we were both dripping in sweat when we arrived.  Living through a cyclone is not on my bucket list.  Hopefully I won't have to add it!  🙂 

16 minutes ago, HunEBear said:

No, Mysty.  Not yet.  We will be on the lookout again today.  If nothing arrives, we will send a note to Frank Sansone so he can follow up.

So sorry to hear that HunE!  Fingers crossed for delivery today.  Mr. Sansone is probably up to his nethers in alligators right about now!

Our white box is scheduled to be couriered to us on Monday with a Tuesday delivery.  If I may ask HunE, is the presentation comparable to what was delivered for the 2016?  My curiosity will probably harm me at some point but until then...... 🙂 Thank you! 

30 minutes ago, mysty said:

So sorry to hear that HunE!  Fingers crossed for delivery today.  Mr. Sansone is probably up to his nethers in alligators right about now!

Our white box is scheduled to be couriered to us on Monday with a Tuesday delivery.  If I may ask HunE, is the presentation comparable to what was delivered for the 2016?  My curiosity will probably harm me at some point but until then...... 🙂 Thank you! 

The contents are almost the same, but as I recall, this year the box is much bigger.  Of course, this is coming from someone who has trouble remembering what she ate for dinner last night, so don't hold me to it!

14 minutes ago, HunEBear said:

The contents are almost the same, but as I recall, this year the box is much bigger.  Of course, this is coming from someone who has trouble remembering what she ate for dinner last night, so don't hold me to it!

Thanks so much HunE!  And I can't wait to meet you!  I love your wit!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

Our box hasn't arrived yet even at out TAs but we have another week.  The good news is our labels for shipping the suitcases did arrive and so passport copies are produced and the other requirements done.  We are relieved at that. They arrived 6.00pm Friday and the luggage is to be collected Monday morning. Phew!

10 hours ago, turtlemichael said:

My approach is to grab it off the hanger or out of the drawer and throw it in!  The negatives of this approach will be revealed when you see what we wear!

Turtle, did you travel on Celebrity Solstice departing from Freemantle this year?

1 hour ago, mysty said:

Interesting email from Silversea this evening.  A new World Cruise event added.  A "yes please" from us.  🙂

It's a yes from us too!  Great addition which we had got so close to booking ourselves.  Probably some might have? Can we say what it is or is the being a spoilsport for those who haven't read it?

Mysty, can you clarif

Just now, turtlemichael said:

No, we plead innocence. Was there someone else badly dressed??? lol  We did a few Celebrity cruises but the last one was 12 years ago.

Just now, turtlemichael said:

No, we plead innocence. Was there someone else badly dressed??? lol  We did a few Celebrity cruises but the last one was 12 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. We knew there was at least one Aussie on T of T that was on that cruise and we thought they were from Perth. Just an outside chance.

Can U clarify something for me.

SS booked us into Four Points SF Bay for a night. Our travel guide threw in a night and we added a night  so arrive in SF on the 3/01/2019. I was told we had to go to that hotel for the transfers and the function was being held there so we said OK, made sense.

I happened to look up the tariffs which amounted to about $205 AUD pn. My agent and I both paid $919pn. It doesn't sound right to me. What r your thoughts?   

1 minute ago, Lifesgreat said:

Mysty, can you clarif

Thanks for the reply. We knew there was at least one Aussie on T of T that was on that cruise and we thought they were from Perth. Just an outside chance.

SS booked us into Four Points SF Bay for a night. Our travel guide threw in a night and we added a night  so arrive in SF on the 3/01/2019. I was told we had to go to that hotel for the transfers and the function was being held there so we said OK, made sense.

I happened to look up the tariffs which amounted to about $205 AUD pn. My agent and I both paid $919pn. It doesn't sound right to me. What r your thoughts?   

The SS hotel for world cruisers is Four Seasons not Four Points by Sheraton. They are very different hotels. If you've both paid the AUD919 then you are probably in the right hotel for all nights but I'd double check. PS I am from Melbourne, just visiting Perth at the moment.

40 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

It's a yes from us too!  Great addition which we had got so close to booking ourselves.  Probably some might have? Can we say what it is or is the being a spoilsport for those who haven't read it?

Turtle...I don't like to spoil surprises personally.  Which is why I tend to be rather cryptic.  However, you do you!  You could hint at the new excursion.  That makes more of a challenge and adds a little fun and intrigue.  🙂

50 minutes ago, Lifesgreat said:

Mysty, can you clarif

Lifesgreat.....the hotel for the gala is the Four Seasons on Market Street.  That "included" hotel accommodation at that location is for the night of January 5 only.  Myster and I are arriving on January 4 and have paid for the additional night at that location.  If you arrive on January 3 then it should be only 2 nights at Four Points for January 3 and 4 with January 5 at the Four Seasons which is included in your World Cruise fare.  Our charge for one extra night at the Four Seasons was $698 USD.  You might consider talking to your TA about this.

Edited by mysty