Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

6 hours ago, mysty said:

Then maybe you won't have to wrestle Turtle or me for access to the treadmills.  🙂

I've just got back from a 3 day trip to Adelaide to watch a cricket match between Australia and India. Americans and Canadians won't understand that and probably most Australians won't as well. 🙂 Anyway, the point of that information is to say I managed to put on over 2 kilos in the 3 days.  Too much time in the Hotel's Executive lounge I reckon.  If that is 3 days I'm wondering what 132 will do onboard Silver Whisper?  So I have made the resolution that I will have my towel, sun glasses and book permanently on one of the treadmills. Sorry, but that means there is one less for everyone else. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Not that walking on a treadmill helps weight control that much. However, it will keep me out of afternoon tea and the buffet. (lol)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

I've just got back from a 3 day trip to Adelaide to watch a cricket match between Australia and India. Americans and Canadians won't understand that and probably most Australians won't as well. 🙂 Anyway, the point of that information is to say I managed to put on over 2 kilos in the 3 days.  Too much time in the Hotel's Executive lounge I reckon.  If that is 3 days I'm wondering what 132 will do onboard Silver Whisper?  So I have made the resolution that I will have my towel, sun glasses and book permanently on one of the treadmills. Sorry, but that means there is one less for everyone else. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Not that walking on a treadmill helps weight control that much. However, it will keep me out of afternoon tea and the buffet. (lol)

Turtle, it isn't really difficult to keep on top of things.  I gained about 3 pounds on the last big adventure without too much sacrifice!  Myster and I did laps on the the walking track almost every sea day.  Excursions in ports or exploring on our own worked well.  However it might be fun to challenge 343 for treadmill access.  Ha Ha!  And as an aside..Myster and I love Adelaide!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mysty said:

I think people are curious about how things are progressing.  Something like a status report.  Are things happening according to their time line?  Do the powers-that-be think the Lady will be ready to sail without work continuing as she sets forth from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco?  I think the recent history of SS ships sailing immediately after dry dock has made future passengers a little wary of what they might face on the upcoming voyage.  Communication helps to alleviate the wariness.  Knowledge is power!  🙂

Well said Mysty. This was exactly the purpose of my question. It seems that Silversea does not communicate about it. Let’s assume that no news is good news 😁

13 hours ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Hi Mysty,  I guess I don't worry about the details and know everything will be great.  Even if I ask for an update from a staff member, it will be positive.  There's no way of knowing until we board and it will be completely done on January 6th when you board.

I hope it will be completely done on December 20 and not January 6 because I will disembark on January 6!!!

12 minutes ago, SSCAF001 said:

I hope it will be completely done on December 20 and not January 6 because I will disembark on January 6!!!

For all the passengers on your upcoming cruise I echo your hopes SSCAF001!  Learning from history would be a wise move for SS at this point!  🙂 

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, turtlemichael said:

I've checked with our TA this morning and got the slightly different answer - it is still in Europe! I like Joe's answer better!  As we leave home in two weeks to start or journey it will go down to the wire for us.  At least there is the potential to sort out luggage labels etc at the Four Seasons the night before the cruise.

Hi, Fellow Cruisers!  We received our box (white, not silver) on Friday with luggage tags and the Travel Journal inside.  What is odd, is that we also received a silver box with luggage tags and travel journal a few weeks ago.  I guess Silversea must have figured out that I always overpack!  Anyway, hopefully your boxes will not be far behind if they haven't arrived already.

• Thanks 1

Thanks HunEBear!  I'm glad you got your box(es)!  Our travel agent said that she expected to receive ours at the end of this coming week.  Strange!  It's like the game of "Telephone" that we played as kids.  The message morphs with each person it passes through.  I guess we will just have to wait and see.  🙂

Hi SSCAF001,  I spoke to someone on the Whisper refurbishing project and have been assured all is going according to plan.  She (Whisper) will be cruising from Freeport to Ft. Lauderdale on December 20th and be ready for us to board.  Are you joining us for "Meet and Mingle" onboard?

• Thanks 1

Now the big pack...I told my husband I was leaving a few suitcases on board the Whisper when we disembark for next year's holiday cruise, as we don't have any formal evenings in the little recreational boating town in which we live, and he believed me!

Who plays Trivia onboard?  I saved my points cards from last cruise, then made 100 more, laminated them, and will see if the CD buys it-teasing-tried that last year and everybody cracked up.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Now the big pack...I told my husband I was leaving a few suitcases on board the Whisper when we disembark for next year's holiday cruise, as we don't have any formal evenings in the little recreational boating town in which we live, and he believed me!

Who plays Trivia onboard?  I saved my points cards from last cruise, then made 100 more, laminated them, and will see if the CD buys it-teasing-tried that last year and everybody cracked up.

We did play trivia for the first time ever on the 2016.  At first we found it a wee bit difficult and a tad intimidating.  By the end we had amassed oodles of points.  It was interesting to see the reactions of the various players.  Some were definitely out for blood!  Our team stayed about the same for the whole journey and we got to learn each other's fortes.  It was a great way to meet new folks and exercise our brains!

We try to gather a team in the bar on the first night (Deck 5) and look for Brits, Aussies and other countries. On the Muse last year, Trivia started at 5pm so it was a rush to get ready for the bar at 7pm.  Wonder who our Maitre'd will be.  Love to see familiar faces.

3 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

We try to gather a team in the bar on the first night (Deck 5) and look for Brits, Aussies and other countries. On the Muse last year, Trivia started at 5pm so it was a rush to get ready for the bar at 7pm.  Wonder who our Maitre'd will be.  Love to see familiar faces.

If you have the time once you board would you kindly check in and let us know your impressions, your intel and your critique.  We'd love to hear!  🙂 

11 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Of course, I shall!  How many days do you have on Silversea, Mysty? 

Thanks BB14!  We are relative newbies to SS.  We currently have 143 days.  Our first cruise with them was in 2012 around the British Isles.  We fell hard for the cruise line with that cruise and haven't really looked back.  🙂 

32 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Free laundry!!!  Yeah!!  We started in 1996 and haven't looked back either.  Very jealous of your World Cruise...can't talk my husband into it.  He's an offshore boat racer and our holiday cruise is all I get.  

We have cruise buddies that we sailed with for many years on other lines.  They did the 2012 SS cruise with us.  Unfortunately the gentleman of the pair does not want to do long cruises either.  He's not an offshore boat racer though.  🙂  Just not a lengthy cruise aficionado.  The lady of the pair would love to do a WC.  I'm lucky that Myster enjoys it as much as I do.  Actually lucky in a whole lot of ways!

29 minutes ago, Zara1 said:

Looking forward to a "Silver Whisper" at the Bar on December 20th!

26 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Yes, Zara, and having the signature cocktail, the "Silver Whisper" with passion fruit juice.

OK...what is the cocktail "Silver Whisper"?  🙂  Ingredients?  I have loved the "Silver Spirit".  I have not sampled the "Silver Whisper".  It sounds very interesting.

19 hours ago, HunEBear said:

Hi, Fellow Cruisers!  We received our box (white, not silver) on Friday with luggage tags and the Travel Journal inside.  What is odd, is that we also received a silver box with luggage tags and travel journal a few weeks ago.  I guess Silversea must have figured out that I always overpack!  Anyway, hopefully your boxes will not be far behind if they haven't arrived already.

HunEBear, were the two Travel Journals (from silver and white boxes) the same?  It is a bit of a head-scratcher.  I did notice that the Documents on MySilversea also had two Travel Journals available for download.  My quick perusal did not reveal any differences between the two.

41 minutes ago, mysty said:

HunEBear, were the two Travel Journals (from silver and white boxes) the same?  It is a bit of a head-scratcher.  I did notice that the Documents on MySilversea also had two Travel Journals available for download.  My quick perusal did not reveal any differences between the two.

Yes, Mysty.  They appear to be the same except for the cover.  The first says "Travel Journal" and the second, "Tales of Tales".  I am still not sure why we received two sets of everything. 

• Thanks 1