Whispering Around The World 2019

mysty

Here is your Whisper update:  The library is here, the computer room is here, the ship looks fresh and beautiful.  She's been painted, new carpets and soft silver décor.

Norman (who is wonderful) is HD, Cataldo Destefano is Captain.Gilbert is Maitre'd. and Colin is CD.  Many familiar staff onboard.  The ship is at full capacity and service is perfect.

Caviar is back anytime!!!!  Lobster is on the menu in the MDR nightly.  La Terrazza serves all our favorites and the pasta bar is back at lunch.

Seas are calm...we're at sea today...tomorrow Cartagena.  Meet and Mingle was delightful last evening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebelle14 said:

Here is your Whisper update:  The library is here, the computer room is here, the ship looks fresh and beautiful.  She's been painted, new carpets and soft silver décor.

Norman (who is wonderful) is HD, Cataldo Destefano is Captain.Gilbert is Maitre'd. and Colin is CD.  Many familiar staff onboard.  The ship is at full capacity and service is perfect.

Caviar is back anytime!!!!  Lobster is on the menu in the MDR nightly.  La Terrazza serves all our favorites and the pasta bar is back at lunch.

Seas are calm...we're at sea today...tomorrow Cartagena.  Meet and Mingle was delightful last evening. 

Thanks so much BB14!  You are a gem!  If I may ask a couple of questions please:

1.  Are the night tables and sofa side tables still there?

2.  Will Colin be the CD for the World?

Have a wonderful time BB14 and we very much appreciate that you took the time to update us!

The night tables are here and the sofa side table is in the corner in our Medallion suite.

Will ask Colin tonight (Captain's Welcome) if he stays on for the World.  Heard Fernando is coming aboard...will confirm.

This is the first time the Captain's Welcome is on the third night instead of the second...gives us all more time to prepare for a formal evening. 

We have met many from the UK, Australia and Canada and of course, US....the pool has been busy and the staff is so attentive.  The pool lounges have new cushions and all the drapery has been replaced throughout the ship.

• Thanks 1

Speaking earlier in the cruise to Colin he gets off in San Francisco .  Charmaine will be the  cruise consultant for the world Cruise

night tables and and sofa tables still there in veranda suites too

pool was empty until today, but issue with pump has been resolved so now full ( if a little choppy due to swell)

• Thanks 1

Bluebelle14/Seaquay - did they add any USB port by the desk and/or nightstands?   Any changes to the bar and Panorama?

It was my understanding that they were going to expand the fitness center - do you know if they did so?  Any pics would be greatly appreciated.  There used to be 3 treadmills and 3 ellipticals - is it the same number or did they add more?

In talking with Colin on our recent Wind cruise, he indicated that Fernando will be CD for WC.  

• Thanks 1

In the verandah suites there are now 2 USB ports either side of the bed.  Bar and panorama now have a lighter colour scheme and the whole ship is much lighter after the dry dock.

Haven’t ventured to deck 10 so can’t comment on the fitness equipment but will go there before the end of the cruise and let you know.

Speaking  to Colin, Fernando will be on board for the world cruise if not before.

You will have a wonderful pianist Aleksandra with you on the World Cruise, very talented musician who we sailed with earlier this year in the Baltic.  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, HunEBear said:

Yes!  Suitcases are packed and ready for pickup on the 27th.  So glad to have that project behind me. Now I can sing, "All my bags are packed..."

Sing it loud and strong HunE!  🙂 By any chance did you get any kind of acknowledgement if you indicated that you were interested in the Sydney event?  We haven't heard anything more.  Nothing that said our intention to attend was noted.

39 minutes ago, mysty said:

Sing it loud and strong HunE!  🙂 By any chance did you get any kind of acknowledgement if you indicated that you were interested in the Sydney event?  We haven't heard anything more.  Nothing that said our intention to attend was noted.

39 minutes ago, mysty said:

On 12/15/2018 at 11:05 AM, turtlemichael said:

The SS hotel for world cruisers is Four Seasons not Four Points by Sheraton. They are very different hotels. If you've both paid the AUD919 then you are probably in the right hotel for all nights but I'd double check. PS I am from Melbourne, just visiting Perth at the moment.

Thanks heaps Turtle. I just looked up the The Four Seasons and yes! they are a very different hotels. I must say I was disappointed at Four Points for the start of a cruise of the quality of T of T. IU will ask for clarification. C U soon. 

Hi Mysty and others,

As yet, we have not seen anything at all on the Sydney Event (?). My travel advisor doesn't know of anything and Silversea Australia also said they knew nothing about this possible excursion. We have been waiting for a response from SS but we have found their follow up to be lacking. Can anyone shed some light for me........hate to miss out!!!! 

44 minutes ago, mysty said:

By any chance did you get any kind of acknowledgement if you indicated that you were interested in the Sydney event?  We haven't heard anything more.  Nothing that said our intention to attend was noted.

No, we didn't get a anything either.  My guess is that they just wanted to get a general idea of the number of seats that they needed to reserve and that they will ask us to confirm our interest sometime after we board.  We can always check with the shore excursion staff to make sure our names are on the list.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mysty said:

By any chance did you get any kind of acknowledgement if you indicated that you were interested in the Sydney event?  We haven't heard anything more.  Nothing that said our intention to attend was noted.

Same here mysty. But when I tried to click on the questionnaire link in the email a second time it said I had already completed it.

All done here. It's Christmas Eve at 10.30am  Just filling in time until we take the car to relatives to look after then it is off to the airport. Woohoo!

5 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

Same here mysty. But when I tried to click on the questionnaire link in the email a second time it said I had already completed it.

All done here. It's Christmas Eve at 10.30am  Just filling in time until we take the car to relatives to look after then it is off to the airport. Woohoo!

Safe travels Turtle!  Have a wonderful holiday time!  We'll be looking for you in SFO!  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtlemichael said:

Interesting Turtle!  I tried the same thing and it accepted my information.  No message that I had already completed it.  Hmmmmm!  Hopefully they got the first response.

6 minutes ago, turtlemichael said:

I tried again and got the same answer - you have already taken this survey.  At least we got the email telling us about it unlike a few people here!

True that Turtle!  We did get lucky!  And I tried it again after I tried it again and it let me enter the info again.  Hopefully at least one of my responses registered!  Ha Ha!

We are now at 12 days and counting down to sail away.  I want to thank all the lovely folks who chimed in here to make this a real community place.  I want to encourage all to feel comfortable posting thoughts, pictures, experiences, opinions and all the bits and bobs that will make this feel like a home away from home as the journey commences!

33 minutes ago, Lifesgreat said:

Thanks mysty! Hope you had a lovely day. WE had a great family Christmas Dinner at about 23 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, overlooking the water. A really beautiful day..........how lucky are we! See you next week!

Lifesgreat....I will look for someone wearing a big grin and sporting a lovely tan!  🙂  Our day is just starting here.  At press time it is 7:47 am and Myster is still asleep.  It will be quiet here.  Both kids live a distance away with families of their own.