Allure Expedited Boarding experience

My husband and I have Expedited Arrival on our upcoming Symphony cruise. We did not upload pics and we are lowly Gold Members. We do have Global Entry and TSA Precheck and we booked our flights through Choice Air. Just trying to see if it is random or is there a common denominator?

Although our Anthem cruise to Bermuda was not my favorite cruise, the check in process was easy peasy and this sounds like it is a very similar process.

I have it for this weekend, hubby doesn’t, I’m not all that worried we will see what happens. We have suite check in and it’s never really a long wait

I’m curios to see how it goes ��

Post back afterwards please...My husband has it and I dont and we are curious how it works..we have suite check in as well..just seems crazy to be in the same suite but have different check in passes...:eek::eek:

Post back afterwards please...My husband has it and I dont and we are curious how it works..we have suite check in as well..just seems crazy to be in the same suite but have different check in passes...:eek::eek:

Ok i will :)

boarded Allure yesterday with Expedited Boarding on my set sail pass. For those of you wondering what happens here’s the procedure:

There are signs with Expedited Boarding as you approach the building.

When you enter the building show your printed copy or you mobile copy to one of the employees, they send you to someone with an iPad.

He/she then scans both your set sail or mobile device and your passport.

You are then given a card with the words “expedited boarding”.

Head upstairs, show that pass

As you go to board they collect that pass.

You completely bypass the regular check in counter.

It worked very smoothly.

So your Set Sail card is in your cabin????

On the Allure a few weeks ago. You show your little card that says “Expedited Arrival” and that will get you all the way through to the check-in area right before you board. The check-in man was a little annoyed at me because I kept showing him the “Expedited “ card. What he needed was our SetSail boarding documents to “ding” us in and allow us to enter the ramp area to the ship. We will be back on the Allure in October and I will remember to keep my documents in my hand until we actually get on the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was wondering the same thing - is it random? Based on C&A status? Only offered to good-looking people? (If the latter, I'll never see Expedited Arrival on my Seapass:rolleyes:)

:'):'):')

So, we have 5 people in our room. Four have expedited arrival on their setsail pass and one does not. I called RCI to ask why the difference and the rep asked if the one without expedited arrival had sailed with Royal before. I told her no, and she claimed that was why.

As usual, I'm not sure if they truly know as it sounds from what I'm reading here, that some who have cruised with Royal before still do not have expedited arrival on their passes. We're in a suite so I'm guessing it will probably not matter anyway, but it will be interesting to see how everything goes upon arrival at the terminal.

:'):'):')

So, we have 5 people in our room. Four have expedited arrival on their setsail pass and one does not. I called RCI to ask why the difference and the rep asked if the one without expedited arrival had sailed with Royal before. I told her no, and she claimed that was why.

As usual, I'm not sure if they truly know as it sounds from what I'm reading here, that some who have cruised with Royal before still do not have expedited arrival on their passes. We're in a suite so I'm guessing it will probably not matter anyway, but it will be interesting to see how everything goes upon arrival at the terminal.

20 more days😁😁😁

Just checked our set sail passes and my DW the Expedited arrival on her set sail pass and mine does not. What gives?

Same here... hubby does and I don’t ... post please if you figure it out [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I work at PEV for the Allure check in. I don't know the reason why or who gets picked for Expedited check in. It is still in the pilot stage but we are doing more and more each week. We had a glitch, I think because of the bad weather, this past weekend and we could not use the IPads till later in the day. But the Sunday before we checked in almost 2000 guests!!! If you have Expedited and your cabin mate does not, they will check you all in together. Please know that this is just for check in and not for boarding. You will still be grouped by Suites, Diamond + etc..... At PEV we normally start boarding at 11:00, sometimes even earlier. So if you arrive after 11 you pretty much will walk right on board...... Any questions, feel free to ask...

PS. You will need either a set sail pass on your phone or printed for the Expedited. If you do not have one you will go to the regular check in counter. You sea pass cards are placed outside your cabin in the mailbox. Cabins are ready at 1. Happy Sailing!

PSS. We no longer use the health forms. Guests are asked the questions instead.

Edited by mscinmia
forgot to add something.

I work at PEV for the Allure check in. I don't know the reason why or who gets picked for Expedited check in. It is still in the pilot stage but we are doing more and more each week. We had a glitch, I think because of the bad weather, this past weekend and we could not use the IPads till later in the day. But the Sunday before we checked in almost 2000 guests!!! If you have Expedited and your cabin mate does not, they will check you all in together. Please know that this is just for check in and not for boarding. You will still be grouped by Suites, Diamond + etc..... At PEV we normally start boarding at 11:00, sometimes even earlier. So if you arrive after 11 you pretty much will walk right on board...... Any questions, feel free to ask...

PS. You will need either a set sail pass on your phone or printed for the Expedited. If you do not have one you will go to the regular check in counter. You sea pass cards are placed outside your cabin in the mailbox. Cabins are ready at 1. Happy Sailing!

PSS. We no longer use the health forms. Guests are asked the questions instead.

Thanks much. Very helpful. See you in 19 days!

If your seapass card is waiting for you outside your stateroom (available around 1pm) then you can't get a drink until after you get to your room. Practice self-restraint. :)

You use your setsail pass to make any purchases prior to getting your seapass card

This sounds very similar to ccl faster to the fun for which there is a fee.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

In addition to priority boarding, Faster to the Fun includes early access to your room, priority line at Guest Services, priority tenders off the ship, etc. I may be forgetting some of the perks, but those make it worthwhile to some. For those who are Platinum and above, we already get these benefits so this is a way for newbie cruisers to experience those perks at a price (which has gotten outrageous IMO).

There was one charge per cabin because cc assigns boarding times made it worth it because you can board right after suites and platinum but they messed up and we didn't get our luggage until muster. They promptly refunded as obc but it did cause a change in plan for the afternoon and at least I didn't have to stand in a long cs line

The Expedited arrival is nothing like FTTF with Carnival. This program is for check in only. The only similarity to Carnival is that on certain ships the seapass cards are in the mailbox at your cabin. You use your set sail pass for any purchases prior to receiving your seapass. They do not do early boarding or early access to stateroom on Royal. They board Suites first, then Diamond +, etc....

• 2 weeks later...
boarded Allure yesterday with Expedited Boarding on my set sail pass. For those of you wondering what happens here’s the procedure:

There are signs with Expedited Boarding as you approach the building.

When you enter the building show your printed copy or you mobile copy to one of the employees, they send you to someone with an iPad.

He/she then scans both your set sail or mobile device and your passport.

You are then given a card with the words “expedited boarding”.

Head upstairs, show that pass

As you go to board they collect that pass.

You completely bypass the regular check in counter.

It worked very smoothly.

My wife and I are Diamond members and were on this same cruise. I did all of the forms on my ipad, including the pictures. Then pulled everything into the app. When everything was checked, the app showed the certificate for expedited arrival. We simply followed the signs to “ Expedited Arrivals “, they scanned the barcodes on the app, and we walked right onto the ship. IT WAS FANTASTIC. They really need to make this the default method. BTW, the key cards are in a little envelope on your door.