Allure Expedited Boarding experience

I work at PEV for the Allure check in. I don't know the reason why or who gets picked for Expedited check in. It is still in the pilot stage but we are doing more and more each week. We had a glitch, I think because of the bad weather, this past weekend and we could not use the IPads till later in the day. But the Sunday before we checked in almost 2000 guests!!! If you have Expedited and your cabin mate does not, they will check you all in together. Please know that this is just for check in and not for boarding. You will still be grouped by Suites, Diamond + etc..... At PEV we normally start boarding at 11:00, sometimes even earlier. So if you arrive after 11 you pretty much will walk right on board...... Any questions, feel free to ask...

PS. You will need either a set sail pass on your phone or printed for the Expedited. If you do not have one you will go to the regular check in counter. You sea pass cards are placed outside your cabin in the mailbox. Cabins are ready at 1. Happy Sailing!

PSS. We no longer use the health forms. Guests are asked the questions instead.

Does expedited work for non US citizens? Do you still just check the green card or does that require going to the counter?

We had it for our Allure cruise on sept 16th. It saved a few min instead of waiting for Royal to do the leg work. But we still had to wait once we were upstairs for about a half an hour. Getting off with the mobile pass port app was fast. They still look at your passports. It just saves you from the long lines.

OK I just did the online check-in using the App - thought that I could fill out all the necessary information and come back to take my pic, not knowing that it completed the process for me and now I can't go back to add my pic - is this the end of the world?? As in, will this delay my check-in process in any way? Is there any way I can go back and add my pic or should I not worry about it and just let them take my pic at the port?

OK I just did the online check-in using the App - thought that I could fill out all the necessary information and come back to take my pic, not knowing that it completed the process for me and now I can't go back to add my pic - is this the end of the world?? As in, will this delay my check-in process in any way? Is there any way I can go back and add my pic or should I not worry about it and just let them take my pic at the port?

I can't figure out how to add a picture in the app but when I go the website I'm still able to add it. I filled out everything else a week or so ago. If not it's not a big deal.They can take it at the port.

We had it for our Allure cruise on sept 16th. It saved a few min instead of waiting for Royal to do the leg work. But we still had to wait once we were upstairs for about a half an hour. Getting off with the mobile pass port app was fast. They still look at your passports. It just saves you from the long lines.

We were on the same cruise. Getting off the ship was super fast for us too and we just have regular passports. The agent barely looked at them, said welcome back and we were off. No long line.

We heard from friends that non-US passengers had a 2 HOUR process to get through.:o

Sherri:)

Does expedited work for non US citizens? Do you still just check the green card or does that require going to the counter?

Yes the tablets are able to scan your ARC card as well. Just have another form of ID, i.e. your DL in case they need to make a copy.

The whole process has been going well and very quick.

Just remember this is expedited check in NOT boarding. That will start once the ship is cleared usually around 11.

To mscinmia.....since you work port everglades and Allure, thought I would repost a question I had:

I am sailing on Allure 10/7 from Fort Lauderdale. My husband and I have expedited arrival. My 90 year old parents who are traveling with us, but under a SEPARATE reservation/cabin, do NOT have expedited arrival. My intention is to walk all four of us over to the Expedited Arrival area/person. If they can do both reservations via Expedited (including my parents), then great. If not, then my husband and I will get the Expedited, and then we will stand in line with parents in the check in regular line. If anyone sees a flaw with this plan.....chime in !