Star Princess transferring to P&O Australia...

Cruiser411

I just read a press release on P&O Australia's page on Facebook that in addition to Golden Princess, Star Princess will also be transferred to P&O in late 2021.

It seems as more new tonnage becomes available, Princess is starting to dump the older ships...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPOCruises%2Fposts%2F10156277432221187%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="572" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media">

Oh, I am so depressed. I don't want to be with 4000 intimate friends on a cruise. Please stop giving away the smaller ships.

I am so glad I was able to cruise as much as I could for several years on the Golden, Grand, Coral, Star, etc.

Oh, I am so depressed. I don't want to be with 4000 intimate friends on a cruise. Please stop giving away the smaller ships.

I am so glad I was able to cruise as much as I could for several years on the Golden, Grand, Coral, Star, etc.

HAL is a decent alternate for the smaller vessels or even some Carnival ships :)

Thanks for your thoughts. I, too, have loved cruising on the Golden, Grand, and Star. I have not yet had the pleasure of sailing on the Coral.

Thanks again.

Seems pretty clear now that princess is going in the direction of all large ships. Wonder what will happen when they decide to scrap Pacific Princess, will they get similar replacement for her?

Will the Caribbean Princess be transferring over aswell in time - meaning all 3 ships of the same design will be in the new look P&O Cruises Australia fleet ?...

I loved the "SkyWalkers Lounge" and the ability to stand on the deck above the Bridge on Star !!

Was hoping I would have more time to get on the Star Princess, I suppose not. To date my best cruise was the one to Alaska on the Golden Princess.

We have been thinking the exact same thing as like this class of ship, without the extra deck of cabins. While the Coral is stil our favorite to date, we really liked the Golden & Sapphire in Alaska.

We have started looking around a little at other lines, just not decided yet.

Will the Caribbean Princess be transferring over aswell in time - meaning all 3 ships of the same design will be in the new look P&O Cruises Australia fleet ?...

I loved the "SkyWalkers Lounge" and the ability to stand on the deck above the Bridge on Star !!

We don't consider the Caribbean the same design ourselves, since it has the extra deck of cabins the Golden & Star don't have.

True, there are a lot of the same venues among the three, just a lot more people to occupy them on the Caribbean.

Last few cruises thinking the port experts on Princess are not as knowledgeable as before

I agree. Very often they are not as knowledgeable as some of the passengers - particularly CC members. Our recent experience has been of drab delivery read from a script with an inability to pronounce place names correctly.

I just read a press release on P&O Australia's page on Facebook that in addition to Golden Princess, Star Princess will also be transferred to P&O in late 2021.

I really thought Grand would be next.

But, maybe it's going straight to Alang.

We really like sailing out of San Francisco on the Grand - surprised it is still going since it is the oldest. Wonder what they will base out of San Francisco once it is gone, or if they will rotate like they did before.

Our first cruise was on the Star - sad to see it go.

I agree. Very often they are not as knowledgeable as some of the passengers - particularly CC members. Our recent experience has been of drab delivery read from a script with an inability to pronounce place names correctly.

Last week on the Royal asked question about bus to Edinboroh (sp) and he said he would get back to me on it if I cam to his desk later. Since he was speaking on the city thought it was reasonable to know something about getting there.

Thanks. How do HAL's activities compare with those of Princess? Does have HAL have good speakers about ports' date=' etc?[/quote']

Speakers on HAL are better to me than on Princess. HAL also has better port info for touring on your own, very helpful in finding your way around the port city & also giving info on transportation to get around the area. Sadly that is the only area they are better than Princess. Entertainment is lacking nothing to do around the ship after the evening show. I feel the food is about the same. I would put service about the same also. Ships are smaller so not as crowded but it comes with not offering as much to do.

First cruised on The Star on a Mexican Riveria cruise over ten years ago and next month embark on a 12 day round-trip from San Pedro to Alaska. Enjoyed a wonderful family cruise to Hawaii on the Golden. Absolutely loved the happy hour in Skywalker's every afternoon. We will miss those ships.

Sent from my QTAXIA1 using Forums mobile app