Epic entertainment questions

The Med

Hello.

We’re NCL new people and I’ve got a few questions regarding the entertainment on Epic.

We’ve cruised on other big ships that have different shows every night and we’ve never had to book a show before boarding.

A holiday/vacation is part planning our trips but once back on board the ship we don’t know what we feel like doing until the moment. Flexibility is everything to us.

I’m not comfortable with booking all my entertainment beforehand, so my questions are these

1)If we just show up, will we get in?

2) What is Cirque dreams?

Is it circus? Do you have dinner while watching a show?

3) Does the escape room get booked up quickly?

4) Pricilla appears to only be on 2 nights on my cruise, according to my booking facility.

Are other things on at the theatre on other nights or is that it?

Only Pricilla or Burn the Floor?

Thanks for helping

Oh yes, another question about Epic entertainment.

There is something called “Headliners Comedy Club” and something called “Howl at the Moon”

In the UK, stand up comedy is a really big thing, so any venue that has comedy would be a huge draw for me.

Is the Comedy club on every night, and if so, which venue?

Is Howl at the moon just a piano thing?

The NCL information page is very vague so any information would be very gratefully received, thank you.

Because the Epic is a large ship and the major shows in the theatre (I am American but for you I will use British spelling) are not given every night, you should make reservations for those if you want to see them. There is a separate line at the entrance for waiting if you don't have a reservation, with no guarantee that there will be room. If you do have a reservation, get there early, because at some point they will start to admit people from the waiting line.

Cirque Dreams is a Cirque-du-Soleil sort of show, on a reduced scale, presented as dinner theatre. There's a charge for it and reservations are essential. The amount of the charge depends on where you want to be seated and on whether you are using the specialty dining plan for it.

The Headliners Comedy Club is a space that is used for all sorts of smaller performances, not only stand-up comedy. On my western Med cruise this spring there were also an Italian musical-comedy singer and a singing impressionist (not the same person), plus whatever I missed. It's also the venue for the marriage game. Most of these performances last no longer than an hour and reservations are recommended, but they don't always fill up. They're listed in the Freestyle Daily and if you can find a thread that includes copies of it you can see what is typical.

FYI, you can buy drinks in Headliners before the shows start. You can bring drinks from any bar to the theatre. At Cirque Dreams drinks can be ordered at your table. No one is supposed to leave the seats during the performance, but a waiter brought me another drink after it had started (drink ordered in advance).

We had booked Priscilla and Burn the Floor on line but then they changed the dates and the times. When we boarded we were told to go to Headliners and book all the shows. There was a magic show, two male singing groups, a Spanish Guitar group and of course Priscilla, Burn and Cirque Dreams and Escape the Big Top. You did not need reservations for Beatlemania (Welcome aboard show) or the Variety shows.

They did swipe your card when you entered the venue but was told that you could enter about 10 minutes before showtime with no reservations if there were seats available.

1)If we just show up, will we get in?

You can go standby to Priscilla and Burn the Floor. If the show is sold out, you are held in a stand-by line until 10 minutes before show time. You will then be allowed to take any open seat. They may not be good seats, but you will see the show.

You can go to comedy shows stand-by, but less likely to get in.

2) What is Cirque dreams? Is it circus? Do you have dinner while watching a show?

It is a Cirque show. Feats of balance, strength, aerial, and juggling. With some comedy. The acts change all the time. Here's a short video.

You get a 3-course fixed menu dinner and a show.

3) Does the escape room get booked up quickly?

Will sell out on embarkation day. You can go standby, but you will be split up to any groups with an open seat.

4) Pricilla appears to only be on 2 nights on my cruise, according to my booking facility. Are other things on at the theatre on other nights or is that it? Only Pricilla or Burn the Floor?

Priscilla will show on 2 nights and Burn the Floor will show on 2 nights. First night is a welcome show. Last night a farewell and talent show. And a comedy or magic show in the middle.

Thanks for helping

Book the shows. Go on the night that you have reservations. Enjoy.

I went online shortly after midnight as soon as reservations for our November Epic cruise were available to book and made the restaurant and show reservations we wanted. None of the comedy shows were listed and and it said that reservations were not offered for Howl at the Moon. Will they offer reservations for the comedy shows on board . This is our first time on Epic.

Howl at the Moon is also called duelling pianos

actually 2 pianists and a drummer who alternate over several hours singing songs mainly by request [ie tips]

it's high energy and adult only after 11pm

no reservations as people tend to come and go all night but it can be difficult to find a seat at times

Oh yes, another question about Epic entertainment.

There is something called “Headliners Comedy Club” and something called “Howl at the Moon”

In the UK, stand up comedy is a really big thing, so any venue that has comedy would be a huge draw for me.

Is the Comedy club on every night, and if so, which venue?

Is Howl at the moon just a piano thing?

The NCL information page is very vague so any information would be very gratefully received, thank you.

You’ve gotten very good answers/descriptions here. We end up spending way too much time at Howl at the moon (dueling piano bar) to sing along and laugh. I’ve got a short video (look under table of contents ‘ship common areas’).

https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/. Have fun!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure you'll really enjoy the entertainment on Epic.

It's worth booking Priscilla as it's only on for 2 nights. If you pre-book you can always cancel if your plans change. From memory you can book through TV (I might be wrong!) or via the NCL app if you download it so you don't have to go to the Box Office. I've prebooked Priscilla, and chances are I'll go again the second time as I love it so much!!

Howl at the Moon is great fun. Especially the first night as everyone is so full of energy and excitement.

A bunch of us managed to book the Escape Room fairly last minute during the cruise, for the Majorca morning at sea.