Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

Made my day to see Owen so happy to jump in! Looks like a great place too. Do they have anywhere in the cabana to lock up your personal items? Just curious (solo traveler, so I always have to think ahead).

Enjoy the sunshine!

No spot. There is a fan, electrical plugs, two loungers inside and 4 outside. The do have this but no way to lock it. It would not surprise me if they had lockers here somewhere. It is well set up.

9024d1b823f2f9f5798b61c26fd10f8d.jpg

Allie is with us today. At her service one of the songs played was the Hawaiian version of Somewhere over the Rainbow. I have a feeling we might find a dime today.

Sweet memories of your daughter.

My grandmother used to play a game with us that used dimes called On your honor. After she passed and I got home after travelling all day and walked in the door and saw a dime on the floor by the cats dish that I swore wasn't there before we left.. Just a little reminder she was still in my heart.

Curious...were you ever able to find any outlets hidden under the bed? I remembered seeing that before on CC but when I looked 2 weeks ago I couldn't find any, but perhaps I just didn't look hard enough. Hopefully Harmony and Symphony has more outlets, or at least USB plug ins.

How did you like Mamma Mia? I believe you said that Owen made it til intermission...does that mean that you all left then too?

Curious...were you ever able to find any outlets hidden under the bed? I remembered seeing that before on CC but when I looked 2 weeks ago I couldn't find any, but perhaps I just didn't look hard enough. Hopefully Harmony and Symphony has more outlets, or at least USB plug ins.

How did you like Mamma Mia? I believe you said that Owen made it til intermission...does that mean that you all left then too?

Never did find it under the bed but we didn’t go looking to hard either.

We all left at intermission. Owen was enjoying it but was rather tired and honestly we all were.

I finally got to watch your Balmoral Scope! It looks really nice! I can’t believe how empty it was!

Two questions - I think I heard you mention in the scope that the cabana included lunch? Was that true? What did it include?

And do you know if Cabanas have to be reserved they the excursion desk? I looked in my cruise planner and don’t see a way to book one there...?

How did the return trip go? Some online reviews imply that folks felt ‘trapped’ on the island and they didn’t like the long walk thru the pier / shops back to the ship. I can handle the venders (and my daughter might actually want her hair braided or some trinket - but I can’t worry about us getting abducted or shot at or anything like that!)

Lastly - was this a good way to spend the day? would you do this again? Or would you recommend a day onboard instead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The food was great for us. They had other options but I did not take a pic of the menu.

9fb1ad0815d929c8fe9efd6feb04a20a.jpg

31f3667e0f74044de75a9f61b9a32a92.jpg

13103f75f9d1c1977a3f6d59491c4410.jpg

We could have booked the cabana on our cruise planner but it had conflicting information so we booked it on board the ship. Not sure why it isn’t showing in your planner.

As for the return, yes we were dropped outside the ship near the straw market. I have a map for you below. We were not pestered and it was a 15 minute walk including security. It is most likely where you are to be dropped as you have to clear pier security and then ship security.

It wasn’t well explained to us but when you think about it, it makes sense. It wasn’t a long walk but for some it could be an issue. Also if you aren’t used to Caribbean Sales you might find it worrisome. We never felt at unsafe.

Pick from the walk.

7c7386a41512e4b8e21eeb271edc7277.jpg

3f4fd24d347605ffe8625f2e38b4760d.png

We would book it again but we would keep an eye on the weather forecast. If the weather was poor it would not be as fun. The beach was great, the water worm and the snorkeling was OK with only a few small fish. Owen did find a conch shell.

Thanks for all of the feedback! I have been going to the straw market since I was a middle schooler so as long as we are inside the pier I think that part would be fine!

There are 4 other ships in port with us on Symphony in April - 2 carnival ships, MSC Seaside, and Celebrity Equinox...I will give a call to see - maybe the cabanas are sold out already...it is the week before Easter and a very popular spring break week for school kids...

Allie is with us today. At her service one of the songs played was the Hawaiian version of Somewhere over the Rainbow. I have a feeling we might find a dime today.

958db0d5a7315969b35f6c0a2212c44a.jpg

No words for this post. Brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful! I bet you will.

We love the version of that song too.

Have a wonderful day making beautiful memories with your family!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No words for this post. Brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful! I bet you will.

We love the version of that song too.

Have a wonderful day making beautiful memories with your family!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guess what we saw ever so slightly when leaving the port.

09d571aa110e42486a736fef6c38dbf6.jpg

Just watched a tribute on John McCain on TV. My dad passed from cancer as well, from a brain tumour. I will admit, it brought a tear to my eye.

Any of you reading right now going through hardships, big hugs to you all. Secondly I hope I can bring you some lighthearted moments this week. Those always helped our family, with dad as well as with Allie. <3

Found it by chance. I thought I had "time":D until October to enjoy another of your reviews:D

Sad about John McCain.

And, yes, you do.

Is there a Captain’s Welcome party in the Promenade tonight? Not that they are super interesting or anything, I’m just curious since we didn’t have one 2 weeks ago. I like to at least see the Captain just once and hear the summary of all the counties the guests onboard are from.

Thank you, Andrew, for your live review. It is particularly relevant for my wife and I, as we will be celebrating our 30th Anniversary on the 9/9 Allure cruise,with the same itinerary. We booked ourcruise two weeks ago, and we are bringing our children as well. We thought we were kinda last minute, butfour days…WOW.

Also, this is only our fourth cruise, and first on this sizeship. Any advice or suggestions specificto this class ship are appreciated.

I look forward to following the rest of youradventure, knowing we will soon be on the same ship in 13 days. I also look forward to seeing the dailyCruise Compass.