Social Media Package vs. 250 minutes of Internet

txmommy2

I am trying to decide which package to purchase. Is the speed of both pretty good? We have 4 port days so will be able to use our phones in port. Does Facebook messenger work with the Social Media package? If so can use that to communicate instead of text while on the ship. Thanks

I’m watching this thread with you. I am new here and new to cruising. Taking my first cruise on 9/2/18. I’m

Concerned about the strength of the WiFi ...

Unsure of which package is best to “just stay in touch on board”.

Yes Facebook Messenger works with the Social Media package.

I had no real issues with the package. Was able to upload lots of photos and videos to Facebook.

Edited to add that this was on The Escape last month.

Sent using Tapatalk

... What’s the upcharge for the different unlimited plans? I plan to ask my boss ... I have the free wifi perk. Thanks

I am not sure about current pricing on the Bliss, these are generic for most other ships for 7 days, along with FAQ & tips about how to use NCL's WiFi system onboard.

SS_20171029-WiFi-upgrade_1.thumb.jpg.d4ddc24b5d0e00339f6c66680430ef4d.jpg

IMG_20180429_WiFi-Upgrade.thumb.jpg.ff325cc5ae3a085515a1fa452e23b77e.jpg

1402226212_NCL20BA-2920Oct201720-20WiFi_1.thumb.jpg.948ae8b7264c3099c235b9642f958a26.jpg

269655033_NCL20BA-2920Oct201720-20WiFi_0001_1.thumb.jpg.6f71523a68605646a6cb351abcc8df9c.jpg

FAS's free 250 minutes WiFi has a retail value of $125 and you get full credit for it. Your upgrade is the cost difference between the unlimited plans chosen, thus it can be as little as $85 for the full 7 days. If you do this on Day 2 before the deadline onboard, you are charged for 6 days (supposingly) so your net cost is less/lower.

Sent via Moto G6 using CC Forums mobile app

Edited by mking8288

I am trying to decide which package to purchase. Is the speed of both pretty good? We have 4 port days so will be able to use our phones in port. Does Facebook messenger work with the Social Media package? If so can use that to communicate instead of text while on the ship. Thanks

Remember only one device at a time can be logged in at a time. Also if you book the package online, you save $4.49 per day on the unlimited WiFi package. I can’t personally speak on how well it works, but on other threads, people seem to say if worked sufficiently 7fdd14ae623fdd96f58c2d68d84c639a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Facebook Messenger works just fine on any of the packages. We typically get the unlimited package (not the social media package) and that's how we communicate on the ship and also back to shore. We don't need VPN connectivity or do a lot of streaming and stuff, so no need for the social media package.

Speed depends on the ship. NCL is slowly upgrading the internet systems through the fleet. It will never be as fast as high speed land service, but it's fine for messaging, email, and moderate web browsing.

Can you buy internet per day or do you have to buy the whole week for unlimited? I’m thinking I only need it for 3 days... trying to weigh up a mini package over a full package...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not per day. You would decide how many minutes you need per day and buy a package like 250 minutes for $125. That would give you 80ish minutes per day. Not much, I know.